I just ate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laura M

Blue Crack Addict
a BIG MAC!!!!!

I hate beef, I hate burgers, I hate burger baps and I hate McDonalds food

But I had such an awful craving for one my parents were going out for food and I asked could they bring me one home and I wolfed it down

And I loved it

:drool:

:eek:

i like those quarter pounders with cheese. i rarely eat them, since i used to work at mcdonalds when i was younger.

i had pizza the other day for the first time in 6 months

:ohmy:

now I'm hungry for a Big Mac....I haven't had one in years...I love burgers, but I hate McDonald's burgers :barf:

I havent had one since I was 11 :laugh:

I could eat six more I had food at around midday and that was only coffee, OJ and a half a pancake and 2 strawberries :der:

All of you,

your assignmment: read "Fast Food Nation"

10007437.jpg

Last edited:
Lara Mullen said:
I havent had one since I was 11 :laugh:

:ohmy: I hope you have a bucket near by:sick: :barf:

This April, I will have been a vegetarian for 15 years!!!!!!!!!:dance:

yikes!!! I'm old! For my 14th birthday I decided I didn't want to eat meat anymore and my family thought it was just a "phase."

Dad and I had McDonald's earlier. We were on the road for most of the day, so we needed a place to stop quick.

Yeah, I've heard the horror stories of fast food joints...I don't care...I haven't died yet. I like it, but I don't eat it very often because I know how awful it is for you.

souLnation2002 said:
they microwave the meat in mcdonald's hamburgers. :crack:

when i was 18 i worked at mcdee's. i fried them. there was no microwave on site. i wonder if they do that in some or all locations now.

last week I was eating a burger from Whataburger, which is normally really good, but I found a string in it...a white string :ohmy: :barf:

needless to say, I didn't finish eating that burger...I was mad too, cuz I had gotten it in the drive through, and it was too late and I was too tired to take it back :mad:

My mom brought my brother some chinese food last week and there was a small rock or some shit in the eggroll. :angry:

He chipped his tooth!! :mad:

i was a vegetarian the entire time i was pregnant with my daughter. i eat meat now, but strangely, she will not eat anything that, in her words, "has ever played in the sun..."

coincidence..?

Khanada,

Have you lost your appetite for McDs?

What's in all those hamburgers? They're most likely made from the meat of worn-out dairy cows (generally the least healthy cattle stock), which spend their days packed in feedlots full of pools of manure. Each burger contains parts of dozens or even hundreds of cows, increasing the likelihood that a sick one will spread its pathogens widely.

Until 1997, those cows, by nature designed to be herbivorous, were fed "livestock waste" -- rendered remains of dead sheep and cattle, along with the remains of millions of dead cats and dogs purchased every year from animal shelters. Thank God the law was changed: Now they're fed only the remains of horses, pigs and poultry. And if you think your fries are animal-free, guess again. While McDonald's no longer cooks them in beef tallow, a process that until 1990 gave the chain's french fries more saturated fat per ounce than its burgers, McDonald's still acknowledges that some of the flavor comes from "animal products."

lastly,
beware the lemmings
lemming.gif

meegannie said:
The thing is, problems like that are issues in the meat industry in general, not just fast food. :slant:

:yes: indeed...you are more apt to get food poisoning from meat you buy in the grocery store then you would from McDonald's. Usually what happens is the fda announces when they will be inspecting factories and they have time to "clean up." Another thing is is that the fda is stricter on grocery stores and restuarants then they are on the actual factories.

i haven't had fast food in over a year, although i miss big macs...Well, I lie. I have had fast food...about 6 months ago i had a taco salad at Wendys. THOSE are AMAZING!

deep, i read parts of that book

i've been a vegtarian for...um....i can't count to well...6 years...

i don't think i've ever had a big mac though, mcdonalds has always made me kind of sick...

food glorious food
A friend predicted that when my sons were grown up and had their own income, they would gorge on McDonald's food because I didn't take them there when they were little.
It hasn't happened, my eldest prefers to buy fresh ingredients and home cook meals( he really should be a chef). He does occassionally share home-delivered pizzas. My other 2 are light very eaters (wish I was) and prefer to eat at home.
I went thru a phase where I couldn't digest red meat, got awful stomach pains, to name the least unpleasant symptom. Not sure what caused that, but I have nibbled on the odd steak lately and it has no bad after effect.Good quality red meat has been very cheap in Oz lately because of the drought, and because my boys are adolescence I thought meat may benefit them. I still choose not to eat it.
It wasn't that long ago that the town/city near where I live didn't have any of the chain takeaway food joints. I always recall some lost Amercain tourists being amazed we didn't have McD's or KFC when they asked for directions.....we sure have them now!! The huge golden arches are the first thing that greet you as you drive into town. Hungry Jacks' will be opening here soon....there are neon signs everywhere now. The streetscape is so different to when I arrived here 20 years ago, so many beautiful old houses and gardens are gone.....but as one father screamed in my face ( we were at a rally about a coastal golf course development) JOBS! JOBS! JOBS!
We have a local factory called"the humble pie company" they make some very tasty morsels, hunza rolls,tofu and asian greens or chicken satay wrapped in delicious wholemeal pastry,YUM, they are my little/big indulgence at the moment.
I have been eating waaaaaaaaay/weigh too much and not exercising enough lately, I feel awful to be honest.
anyway, whatever your poison

bono-appetit

deep said:
Khanada,

Have you lost your appetite for McDs?
not completely. luckily, i just get the fish there so reading the horror stories about burgers and mcnuggets weren't a big deal to me and just reaffirmed my decision to not eat them.

and before anyone says it, yeah i know their fish is cooked and reheated several times in the restaurant before i get it. it's better than nothing if i'm in a hurry.

I have heard the author, Eric Schlosser interviewed on public radio. I have read a few pages on line. I tried to buy the book today at Barnes and Noble, they did not have it. Since I am in my 40s now. I am trying to make healthier choices. I have eaten more than my share of fast food. In the last couple of years I have cut way down. I am losing my appetite for it. I think that if I read this book it will push me further away.

Back
Top Bottom