I hurt my best friend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joey788

Refugee
This is my first time posting here. I need to get this off my chest and since the person I hurt belongs to every other possible outlet, I'll post it here.

Last Thursday, two of my friends had a fight that turned out to be a big understanding, although we didn't know it at the time. So my best friend decided to not talk to my "sister" until she cooled off. I sided with my friend who's like a sister to me. While usually, I'm calm and collected and good at dealing with drama, a combination of a lot of factors threw me into a large amount of rage. That night, over AIM, I ripped my best friend apart. I attacked her in every single way I could think of and basically said that our friendship might be over because of the way she treated my "sister." Now, looking back at it days later, I don't even recognize myself. I have never hurt anyone like the way I hurt her. I attacked her in every way that could hurt her the most. Now, I probably just shattered our friendship. My best friend doesn't think she'll ever be able to trust me again and honestly, I don't blame her. I truly acted like an awful person and don't deserve her friendship. I have no idea what to do besides wait and hope she finds a way to forgive me.

Did that earlier this year but it was with a guy I was interested in, not quite the same situation. all you can do is apologize if you really mean it and start moving on. They'll let you know if they want to pick it up or not, and unforunately you just have to go along with it, not a whole lot you can do.
Good Luck.

and watch that rage eh? or at least have someone vet it before you send it.

Tell her what you just posted here, that's all you can do... tell her the truth and apologize.. then it's up to her wether she forgives you, or not.. .

impulse can be dangerous. and cause damage which is difficult to repair.

say an honest apology. tell her what you said here, that's good advice. good luck, mate.

Angela Harlem said:
impulse can be dangerous. and cause damage which is difficult to repair.

say an honest apology. tell her what you said here, that's good advice. good luck, mate.

:yes: I couldn't agree with Angela more.

For future references though, you may want to step aside from a fight like that rather than pick or chose sides, and let them hash it out on their own. If they can't be friends with each other.....well that's their problem. You shouldn't have to chose or be torn apart.

I remember a few years ago 3 of my friends were in the same situation. I was on the outside looking in. I remember the one that was sort of in the middle just stepping aside and saying, "ya know what? This really has nothing to do with me, this is between the two of you". That was the best response I'd ever seen and I try to remember that whenever I'm caught in something like that.

:hug: I hope she forgives you though, you seem like a sweet guy, seeing as how you care so much about what happened.

Give an honest apology and see where time takes you with it all :hug: Good advice too with just standing to the side next time something like this happens.

Hope it all works ou for you and your best friend :hug:

Oh how I know all too well the power of rage! My temper has been my true worst enemy a few too many times.

Back
Top Bottom