I haven't been eating well...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foray

Rock n' Roll Doggie
cos I was kinda broke the past week and didn't wanna buy meat. If you would like to make a kind donation to the foray-fund...

Anyway, life is good, life is happy. The weather's been great since it's still summer. How are you doing your side of the globe?

foray

------------------
so bounce, basketball, bounce

I dont eat very well either.

In fact I'm hungry right now and I have crap to eat.

Hmm.... wanna split this?

cheeseburger.jpg

Originally posted by foray:
If you would like to make a kind donation to the foray-fund...

sure thing, whats your address again?

------------------
-deathbear

i eat really badly as well. And I found this out just last night: Did you know that if you rub gold (like a ring or something) on your face, you can tell if you're anemic or not? The gold will leave black lines on your skin if you are. I am extremely anemic, apparently. So much black...

I don't eat well either. And I just found out yesterday that I somehow have high cholesterol! I don't eat much meat because I can't afford to buy it. Same with junk food.
Of course, maybe I could afford food if I stopped going to concerts. But I have to prioritize!

regular meals is one of the most important things in life

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I have actually gone days without eating, many times.
Now, I can eat i suppose, but i am going to cut out breakfast and lunch in order to save money, etc.
Plus i think all the starving really screwed up my digestive system, i feel sick at times.
frown.gif

*Creates a healthy, 3 course meal for Foray*
biggrin.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Aw aren't you guys the sweetest. I'm eating a bit of meat now, my friend scolded me for not getting my proteins or something healthy like that. christiana, I have never wanted to lick a comp screen until now.

foray

------------------
so bounce, basketball, bounce

Hey fortified and risti...I have a dumb question...how do you cook Bok Choy?
Ive always wanted to buy some cos it looks like it would go really well in stir fry or something...but Im not game enough to try it. And what does it taste like?

If you've eaten 'Gai Lan'/'Kai Lan', you'll have an idea what bak choy tastes like. Er... a cross between limp cabbage and spinach? I can't describe it...

The simplest and usual way to cook it is to stirfry it with the three main Chinese sauces, namely oyster sauce, light soy sauce and dark soya sauce. Add chopped garlic in, first, of course. After it's done, sprinkle some dried onions and spring onion leaves on top. That's all! Oh, and I don't normally eat the bakchoy crunchy cos then it has a small bitterish taste. I eat it limp and soft.

smile.gif

foray

Thanks fort, I guess it doesn't need to be steamed or boiled first? Also, do you just chop the leaves off and cook them? You don't eat the stems eh?

Hm...
fc31asian3.jpg

The most simple way to cook it (only if you understand what am I talking about...
tongue.gif
):

1. Add a bit of oil, then add a tiny bit of chopped garlic (about half a teaspoon, but it depends on how much Bok Choy do you want to cook). Stir fry it until it starts to turn yellow/brown.

2. Add Bok Choy into the wok or whatever you're using. Add half a teaspoon of water if the Bok Choy is quite dry. (Don't need to add any water if you just washed the Bok Choy)

3. Stir fry it until it's cook. (If the Bok Choy you bought is the larger one, add more water and cover the wok until it's cooked)

4. Add the sauces: Oyster sauce/light soy sauce. If you don't like to add any sauce, you can add a bit of salt when you're cooking.

Pratically, it's the normal stir frying...
biggrin.gif

EDIT---Whoops... foray is faster than me for almost an hour and I didn't even realise it!! This is what will happen if you post in interference and chat with a friend at the same time!!
tongue.gif

And Angie, usually we eat the stems too. But we'll remove the hard and dried part on the bottom of the stems.

[This message has been edited by christiana (edited 03-03-2002).]

Ok try this.. this is one of my favorites and its my own recipe.

Italian stuffed artichokes:

Cut artichoke stem off, slice top of leaves off, and trim remaining leaves to remove prickly things.

Prepare stuffing.

Plain breadcrums
Minced garlic
Minced parsley
A bit of parmesan cheese
A bit of olive oil

Mix all that together, there is no set measurements.. hehe I just eye it to my liking.

Stuff artichoke leaves with this mixture.
Pour a bit of olive oil/water on top, and put artichoke in a saucepan with about 1 inch of water/oil mixture at the bottom.

Cover pan and steam on LOW for about one hour, checking artichoke and pouring juice from the pan over it occasionally.

EAT and ENJOY.. NO MAYONAISE..
tongue.gif

Me neither....

I live at school, so we eat what ever is at Commons (the food place) which normally means no meat, no protein, few carbs. Basically, I eat a bowl of soup and a few raw veggies with dip. That's all. And I have a bottle of orange juice to wash it down with. *sigh*

The_Sweetest_Thing, please! You're eating even worse than me. Don't!...

Sicy, that sounds like a very interesting recipe. I have never eaten artichokes in my life. I don't even know what they are, frankly, only that they improve the libido.

rungifurray

[This message has been edited by famous rungi (edited 03-04-2002).]

Outta curiousity, does peanut butter do anything for the male/female libido? And is a food that enhances the libido called an aphrodisiac? I hope it means that and not something vile.

Originally posted by wannabe:
Outta curiousity, does peanut butter do anything for the male/female libido? And is a food that enhances the libido called an aphrodisiac? I hope it means that and not something vile.

I'm not sure about peanut butter, but I think the green m&m thing is way overrated.
tongue.gif

And yes, that's what an aphrodisiac is.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom