I haven't....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im excited because I get to eat lots of food, be off school, watch cheesy movies and be lazy!!!! :hyper:

Is that the grinch in your avatar? :eeklaugh:

every year I make the effort to leaving Christmas shopping right till the day before..it just would be no fun otherwise..:D

I haven't either daisybean....I was actually just designing mine last night...I'm going to print them out at work today...hopefully get them in the mail sometime this week...it's still not too late! :cute:

i've done some christmas shopping so far. but, i will finish it all next saturday.

i'll be sending out my christmas cards sometime this week as well. does that help you feel better? :wink: :D

daisybean said:

I am so not in the Christmas spirit this year :(

I'm not either. I haven't bought cards or a tree yet and I don't know if I'm going to at all. I just can't get in the spirit this year. I usually have my tree up the Saturday after Thankgiving and I decorate every room in my house...this year, I can't even get the boxes out. :|

Re: Yes Lara it is the grinch...because I feel so grinchie lately

daisybean said:
Okay I have a taste for sugar cookies.....so I guess the spirit is creeping in. I figure by Jan 1 I'll be in the full Christmas Spirit

Get a head start on Christmas 2003!!! :ohmy:

thats the 2nd year I have not been one bit in the mood for Xmas, and Im begging to know is this me or a mid-twenties phase.........:scream:

I mean, I STILL havent put up a tree in work cause its bendy and old and a nightmare and no-one offered about paying for a new tree (boss), or if I bought them a new tree I may not be allowed to claim back on expenses.......and last year I didnt bother with a tree, just a mini-tree for me on me desk which bent over a lot...........

(now of course mum has unused decos and lights at home so may pop home at lunch and drag the old fart of a false tree out and do it for the sake of doing it!)

but ugh, I STILL havent even started on gifts, not even for my friend and her baby!

Oh gawd, I bet right now ur all trowin dagger eyes at me in a mean way as if to say Im a selfish mean person...

Oh but I can be

But I just, for the 2nd year cant seem to lift myself into Xmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sad:

I used to know what to buy pple, now I dont.

*hangs head in shame*

Im just so fed up with it all..............roll on Summer *sigh*

:(

same with the cards - not bothered............last year I received a card from a girl I used to hang with over a year ago previous to that..........in other words I hadnt seen her for over a year and she still sent it, so I sent one back promising Id come see her and her daughter sometime this year - a promise I never kept......

Ive become lazy, not bothered.................I think Ive thrown life over my shoulder in that I wish I had proper friends and boyfriend, but because I dont................:sigh:

Hey, at least you guys aren't like me. I actually work in a large mall everyday. But have I shopped for presents or cards yet? Nope! It's crazy... people are so mean right now. :madspit: As soon as the mall get less hectic I'll do my shopping. So, I guess I'll be done by March :p

I have cards...but I haven't filled them out or anything yet. I figure I will this weekend, after I get through all my finals.

I have to buy a card for John yet though...I can't find any good romantic Christmas cards...they are all overly cheesy and corny and stuff. :crack: :banghead:

Cleasai said:
people are so mean right now. :madspit:

They are, isn't it horrible. I was in Target today and this woman was yelling at sales clerk that they didn't have "Superfun hair barbie" or something (BC would know which one I'm talking about). This nasty lady says to the poor girl "My Daughter's Christmas is ruined thanks to you," almost had the poor thing in tears :sad: If I was feeling a bit more fiesty I would have gone off on this stupid bitch, but I was more concerned on getting my stuff and getting out of there. I should have gone off on her, she would have deserved it.

Some people get all out of whack this time of year. Last Christmas, officials at our local high school got an earful from an angry mom because the last day of school before Christmas break was December 20 (a Friday, with Christmas on the following Tuesday. Her complaint - the school did not give her daughter sufficient time to shop!

two core principles in christmas shopping:

always do all shopping at once, never make seperate trips

don't think about it until dec. 22 at the earliest

but i have to admit that i smashed both those this year...i can't stand being in the mall for more than 15 minutes at a time, and i'm nearly finished getting stuff for people...

so i really don't belong here posting...

i was just trying to procrastinate...i don't want to study...

I snapped out of my Grinch-ness this weekend. I put up a tree, decorated my entire house and did 90% of my shopping. I got up early this morning and did all of my cards, mailed them and shipped the gifts for my out of state relatives. I feel so much better :)

I got baby's gift already but that's about it

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I'm buying presents for my parents this year and that's all. It's all I can afford.

Same. Except I have a brother. And a boyfriend. :huh:

i haven't started any kind of christmas shopping yet at all whatsoever:silent:

i have a bit of money to spend for my daughter and my family this year, so im a bit happy. i even bought my family a christmas tree today:happy: i have no sense of decorating so im waiting for my mom to come home tonight or will wait til tomorrow to decorate.
i made cookies too:D

well i finally got my first batch of Christmas cards sent out, just a few...the others are sitting in the front seat of my car, addressed and stamped, waiting to be mailed :silent:

I haven't started my Christmas shopping, and I have no idea what to get anyone....I think I'll just get everyone gift certificates :silent:

I finally put up my tree last night, but I still have other decorations to put up and cleaning to do :banghead:

Every year I say I'll do better :scream:

icelle said:

i made cookies too:D

Uh oh...I forgot about cookies :huh: I was supposed to bake like 10 dozen for X-mas Eve. And I just remembered that my sister-in-law is coming over next week and we're making 10-12 dozen tamales. I thought I was almost done :scream:

cookies? ha...there's a very small list of things that i can actually cook, and cookies aren't one of them. i usually leave that to my sister...

Bono's American Wife said:

Uh oh...I forgot about cookies :huh: I was supposed to bake like 10 dozen for X-mas Eve. And I just remembered that my sister-in-law is coming over next week and we're making 10-12 dozen tamales. I thought I was almost done :scream:

i was 'signed up' to do more cookie baking before christmas eve, so im not done yet. i absolutely love tamales:drool:

last year, my mom brought home a whole shitload of tamales. we had so much it lasted us 3 month:eeklaugh:

I have them all done and have stamps. I just have to put them on the cards and put them in the mail box. I am such a procrastonator(sp?) sometimes it is sad.

Back
Top Bottom