I have to get this out!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Got Philk?

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Arizona, Tacoma, Philadelphia ,Atlanta, LA...
I'm such a goodie goodie that this is killing me. I'm going to the U2 concerts in Chicago on September 20 and 21 and will be missing work so as to sleep outside for the GA line.

Rather than just tell my boss I was going to U2 concerts, I told him I was going to help my family move to Chicago and would be gone Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Honestly, I had great intentions to add that I'd be going to a U2 concert as well in there, but it just never came out. Now, I feel bad about it.

The truth is, my parents are moving to Chicago that same week, those same days. But now they are coming to visit me as they bring my sister back to college. They might even visit my place of work and I KNOW my way to friendly secretary co-worker will say how nice it is I'm helping them out...and my parents will be clueless and say something about U2 and I'll be screwed all b/c I'm an idiot for lying.

So I tell my mom that I lied to my boss and she says, "So you want me to lie for you now..." I say back, "Well, you don't have to." She says in one of those guilt tripping voice, "I won't say a word. It's your decision."

Why can't lying just be easy!?!:grumpy:

Thanks for your time
philk

I shit you not, last tour around I told my boss that I had people visiting me from Ireland and I needed an extra long weekend to show them around town. She wasn't suspicious, but she was old and out of touch with reality. :wink:

I've been working 50+ hour weeks and I was just requested to work Labor Day for someone else. I said I'd work it, but then added that I wanted a week off in October. I did mention the U2 concert in there somewhere, but I think I've earned a vacation.

Melon

I am taking a vacation day for U2...and will not have a problem mentioning it.

Vacation is YOUR time! Some people choose to use vacation time to get work done around the house...why is that any different from going to a concert? :shrug:

Unless it is like a sucky band. Then all bets are off.

one time i was getting written up for going over my points at work (it was a verbal warning) and after my boss was done she said "oh yeah how was u2?:happy:"

yah, I guess I'm probably ok. I just don't know why I didn't just say anything about U2. That's what's bugging me. It is my vacation. And this friggin lie has caused more trouble than just telling the truth.

And now I feel like some cheezy disney channel movie. Golly, I guess I learned my lesson friends. Jee Whiz.

:edit:
And...I guess I did just win employee of the year. They can't take it away!!! HAHAHA!!!!
and yes I'm showing off:wink:

Everyone at my work knows that if I have a day off in 2005 then it's U2 related :D

I don't really think you lied if your parents are really moving and it is your time off. If you've earned vacation time where you've worked then it's your time. If you don't get vacation time then I'm guessing you aren't going to be paid for taking those days off so your boss can't be too upset that you aren't going to be at work. Also, if your mom knows that you don't want her to mention U2 then I wouldn't worry about it. You could casually say when you get back to work that "yes I helped my parents move and oh by the way I also went to a U2 concert..."

I get 2 weeks paid vacation. I called my boss, took the week of the december boston shows off. When she asked why, I replied "I'm going to see U2!" and she laughed and said "well, have fun!"

arw9797 said:
You could casually say when you get back to work that "yes I helped my parents move and oh by the way I also went to a U2 concert..."

That's the plan.

Oh, and I think I get like 25 hours of vacation. I'm a teacher/coach at a gym so the hour long classes I miss will be paid for. However, the session starts in September so my vacation will be used up right away. Not a big deal though. I have no other plans throughout the year besides quitting next summer. :laugh:

well young man....I think the lesson here is "we do not lie":shame:

:wink:

Better to tell your mom you lied than your boss:hmm: yes it is....

I remember last year I had World Series tickets for St. Louis....I had to tell my boss I needed 2 days off. I couldn't think of anything to say once I got there so I just blurted out the truth. My boss was so excited that i was going she immediatly granted me the time off and told me to have fun and not to worry:wink:

martha said:
"Hey Boss, it turns out my parents don't need my help after all, but since I'm already scheduled for the time off, I'm gonna go to Chicago anyway."

:up: Lie recovered, truth told.

You're welcome. :wink:

brilliant!
i'm slinking away for the chicago shows without mentioning i'm leaving to anyone. a colleague is giving a guest lecture in one class for me (i didn't tell him why i wouldn't be there) and the other class is seeing a video. i think i have everything covered. this must be what it feels like to have an affair.

ruffian said:

brilliant!
i'm slinking away for the chicago shows without mentioning i'm leaving to anyone. a colleague is giving a guest lecture in one class for me (i didn't tell him why i wouldn't be there) and the other class is seeing a video. i think i have everything covered. this must be what it feels like to have an affair.

cheating on your job with U2:drool: :lmao:

I am just going and if they say no...I quit:wink: seriously

they cannot say no...its part of my honeymoon anyway:drool:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Yesterday I went on a job interview and when the lady asked if I was going to need any time off this fall I told her four days in September/October, so I could have "family time" with relatives.

What? They're practically like family to me! :lol:

I'm telling my professors I'll be off Sept 19-21 for a "reunion". :D

I recently found out the telling the truth is the easy way...

But at times you have to omiss something...

And for no reason I will admit I told a lie!
Do your parents HAVE to go to the place where you work? Can't they avoid it?

Wow..I am so glad I am not alone in this. I have not told my boss that I will be out of town on Monday Tue. and Wed. I was thinking about lying but I think now that I have read these post I will just tell her I need some personal time off and leave it at that!!! And to all You Chicago 20th GA folks!!!!:wave: I am so excited I cannot wait to get my arse to Chi town and see the guys again!!!:hyper: :rockon:

I've never had to make up any kind of story to see U2...my boss goes with me AND he buys the tickets :wink:

We even share a hotel room if its out of town :shifty: :giggle:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Yesterday I went on a job interview and when the lady asked if I was going to need any time off this fall I told her four days in September/October, so I could have "family time" with relatives.

What? They're practically like family to me! :lol:

good one :lmao:

and for Bono's American Wife:
5.gif

me - I'm self-employed, so I've already told myself I have those 2 days/nights off :yes:

Back
Top Bottom