I have some things I need to say

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adamswildhoney

ONE love, blood, life
1) I have a really hard time making friends and keeping in touch with them, dunno know why but I do! :shrug:

2) I absolutely cant stand clubs or loud music functions EXCEPT concerts!! partly bc of my partial deafness and bc of the crowds
*rarely goes to concerts so that why I said except concerts :wink:*

3) I have never ever been on a real date, btw I know some already know this :up:

4)I dislike all my couple friends that I see off and on, telling me all of their relationship problems :angry:

5) I dont like that all of the guys that I am interested in either dont even glance at me or are TAKEN!!!!!:rant:

6) I could go on but I think that is enough for now!!!

*feels much better now*:yes: :yes: :yes:

Considering that you?re a songwriter and Wannabe Rockstar, thats the best thing that can happen to you. Put all the hurt and the wanting in the music. It always helps. And get a date.

adamswildhoney said:
1) I have a really hard time making friends and keeping in touch with them, dunno know why but I do! :shrug:

i feel like this, too. I want to have life long friends...but the only real ones I have are my husband and my brother.

Is it something I do? Or don't do?

i have trouble remembering to return phone calls from friends too. don't sweat it. if they are truly your friends, they will understand that this is just a part of who you are.

i don't care much for clubs, either. not for meeting men. yuck. but grab a couple of your girlfriends, get some drinks and live it up. it can be fun for a girl's night out.

never been on a real date, huh? well, there's still plenty of time for that.

couples who constantly complain about relationship problems to you are just being rude. politely listen, and offer what advice you can, and then gently change the subject. if that doesn't work, tell them you have to wash your hair and leave.

i'm sure someday you will find a great guy that's just for you. we all will.

in the meantime, here's a hug :hug:

girl i can relate to some of this...im partially deaf also, and because of that, some people thought i was either 1)a snob or 2)retarded. i didnt have very many friends for a long time. as for getting a date...bleh, don't even get me started:tsk:

don't worry girl...things will start to happen for you soon...just keep up your songwriting and do the rockstar thang:yes::hug:

adamswildhoney said:

3) I have never ever been on a real date, btw I know some already know this :up:

don't forget that we're your friends here too! :hug:

I've never been on a real date either, and yes, I'm 33 years old :sigh: :hug:

icelle said:
girl i can relate to some of this...im partially deaf also, and because of that, some people thought i was either 1)a snob or 2)retarded.

Gah I can totally relate to this!!! I even got teased severly for being partial deaf in school!! :\

And get a date.

:lol: Hiphop how do you suggest I do this bc there are no good men in my area!!! @ least it seems like it :tsk:

awwww Kel I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

I know I haven't been around to talk much lately :hug:

But I promise I won't burden you with relationship problems ;) SINCE I'M NOT IN ONE :lol:

And don't feel bad about the date thing... you're not alone... most of the people I know (including moi) have never been on a "real" date... maybe we should just start redefining "real" to mean "he looked at me and I got all giggly and silly and started imagining going on a date with him" .... then I think we'd have our problem solved, no? ;)

:hug: I'm here if you need me!

hippy said:
awwww Kel I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

I know I haven't been around to talk much lately :hug:

But I promise I won't burden you with relationship problems ;) SINCE I'M NOT IN ONE :lol:

And don't feel bad about the date thing... you're not alone... most of the people I know (including moi) have never been on a "real" date... maybe we should just start redefining "real" to mean "he looked at me and I got all giggly and silly and started imagining going on a date with him" .... then I think we'd have our problem solved, no? ;)

:hug: I'm here if you need me!

I LOVE YA TOO HIPPY :hug:

the whole thing with the "redefining real date" is soo true :lol:

I've been on one date...but I was 16 so that was like 5 years ago and doesn't count as much anymore...

I don't really like loud noise either, except U2 concerts!

I don't have a hard time making friends, but I do have a hard time keeping in touch with them. I'm not one of those people that invites people out to do stuff and the like. I wait until I'm invited usually...

So, yeah, I know how you feel...:hug:

adamswildhoney said:

4)I dislike all my couple friends that I see off and on, telling me all of their relationship problems :angry:

5) I dont like that all of the guys that I am interested in either dont even glance at me or are TAKEN!!!!!:rant:

Well I don't want to pass judgements on guys but...most guys just want an easy girl to get laid.

You probably come off as serious, and guys who just want some action, don't bother with you.

A guy told me this, when I asked him why guy's don't hit on me.

It's all in the way you present yourself.

a friend told me that in order to get a guy, I have to act dumb. Of course a blonde told me this.

I refuse to dumb myself down to get a guy, because it isn't worth it.

Because of this, I haven't been on a real date either. Don;t worry about it.

Would you rather be in a shit relationship and be miserable, or single and kinda of miserable?

You're not missing out on much--just lots of jerks. You can be friends with guys, nothing wrong with being friends. In fact it's better to be friends at first, so you can get to know each other better.

It's okay to wait for someone who will respect you. Good things come to those who wait.

Re: Re: I have some things I need to say

madamc said:

Well I don't want to pass judgements on guys but...most guys just want an easy girl to get laid.

You probably come off as serious, and guys who just want some action, don't bother with you.

A guy told me this, when I asked him why guy's don't hit on me.

It's all in the way you present yourself.

a friend told me that in order to get a guy, I have to act dumb. Of course a blonde told me this.

I refuse to dumb myself down to get a guy, because it isn't worth it.

Because of this, I haven't been on a real date either. Don;t worry about it.

Would you rather be in a shit relationship and be miserable, or single and kinda of miserable?

You're not missing out on much--just lots of jerks. You can be friends with guys, nothing wrong with being friends. In fact it's better to be friends at first, so you can get to know each other better.

It's okay to wait for someone who will respect you. Good things come to those who wait.

:up: Brilliant post! I totally agree!

Re: Re: Re: I have some things I need to say

wertsie said:

:up: Brilliant post! I totally agree!

Thanks. I thought I'd share my knowledge on this.

I'm so sick of people in relationships who think that being involved with someone, is the greatest thing in the world, and yet bitch about it.

It annoys me, people should be more responsible, and get to know themselves, and know what they want in a person/ relationship before they get involved.

Re: Re: Re: Re: I have some things I need to say

madamc said:

Thanks. I thought I'd share my knowledge on this.

I'm so sick of people in relationships who think that being involved with someone, is the greatest thing in the world, and yet bitch about it.

It annoys me, people should be more responsible, and get to know themselves, and know what they want in a person/ relationship before they get involved.

:yes: :yes:

Re: Re: I have some things I need to say

madamc said:

i agree with most of everything else you say, madamc, but on this one i wouldnt categorize all blondes in this manner.

Re: Re: Re: I have some things I need to say

icelle said:

i agree with most of everything else you say, madamc, but on this one i wouldnt categorize all blondes in this manner.

Me neither, being a blonde myself and all...

:hmm: But the sad truth is that I have come across WAY too many blondes like this...

I experienced that the problem is:
Not that most guys want someone to act dumb
but only the ones that are flirts
Many guys ctually like smart girls that are not that easy.. problem is, most of them are shy and unnoticed themselfes!
So while you think EVERY guy is hitting on other girls but you.. look closer, it's always the same 8sort of guys) ... there are often plenty of others that just aren't THAT visible.. teh yhave the same prob.. girls just don't see/ consider them ^_^
that's my experience anyways :)

:hug: i empathize with you on several of these counts, kelly...but if you're bored or lonely, i'm only a pm away! we can rant about stupid guys or shallow people and it will be good times ;)...

thanks for the post, elaine...it's always a good reminder. and yes, not all blondes are shallow :wave: :sexywink: :)

Back
Top Bottom