i have never in my life...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beegee

Neon Zebra
bought coffee at a gas station.

the whole thing is just too intimidating for me...i'm always afraid i won't be able to find the lids, or those little stirring straws and then i'll be stuck with a pile of hot sugar at the bottom of my cup.

this morning, the man in front of me..his coffee smelled heavenly, but i was too afraid to go get some.

:|

I don't know that a gas station should be intimidating :confused: Gather your lids before hand so that everything is ready once you have the coffee in the cup. :)

:lol:

I have never bought coffee at a gas station either. I do not fear the lids or the little red stirrers. I do not fear the sugar packets or the tiny creamers that look like they could be used as a shriner's hats for a mouse after you are done. I don't fear the recycled foam that the cup are made out of or the extreme heat at which the coffee is kept at. I just don't like hot coffee.

NOW, whit that being said, I REFUSE to eat egg salad sandwiches from gas station. I don't care if they say "SUPER MOM'S" on them. :barf:

Last edited:
*gag* Egg Salad

I have trouble working the slurpee machine...I either always spill some or I look like an ass trying to look calm and collected pouring it.

I generally just buy gas at gas stations, aside from the occassional need to buy Combos or other assorted junk food ;)

We have a couple of gas station/car wash places (read=upscale) that make a real effort to provide good food. One was nice enough that a friend would go there for dinner!

No egg salad, however.

Chevron Mini-mart...3/4 cup regular coffee topped off with 1/4 hazelnut. yummmm, good coffee!

Good enough for BAW and Mrs. Edge on her early a.m. trip to LAX!!!

Would never buy anything else there but gas!!!

However, when I was an indiscrimate eater, I would look for the 3 hotdogs for a dollar sign at any gas station!!! :yuck:

I used to work at a 7-Eleven. You'd be surprised at how many people don't know where the lids and stirrers are and would ask. It's cool, sometimes I go to places and can't find the stuff right away either. But nobody really notices you looking around for stuff, ya know?

heh heh heh, when i was on duty I LIVED on gas station coffee (because it was 100x better than the battery acid they had back at the garage..URGH!)

These days you can get away with going in and looking for everything before you're stuck with a steaming hot cuppa and can't find the sugars or lids.. or you could practice at convenience stores first. Trick of the trade: some smaller places keep the milk and cream open but in the freezer near the coffee, if it's not out in the open look in the cooler for the open cartons.....

Heh heh Mr. BAW, thought I was the only one who mixed flavors to taste..... *holds up 2/3 Vanilla Creme-1/3 hazelnut* :D

I have never bought coffee anywhere. I hate it!

But I do buy sodas at the gas station. Great big giant cups of diet coke with ice. I can't live without them. I can't even stand soda in bottles or cans anymore.

BG you are about my age, do you remember the days when you couldn't just go into a gas station and make your own drink? There were cans in machines, but you couldn't just make your own in a cup and go pay for it. 7-11 started it sometime in the 80's and gradually, very gradually, everyone else picked it up. It was the early-mid 90's before all the burger chains let you go make and refill your own drink.

When I was a kid there were no giant drinks. The large was about the size of the medium now, the medium was the small and
the small was the kids' club size. There were no refills. Soda and coffee are the few things that have become a better deal over the years.

:drool:

I REALLY REALLY REALLY miss 7-Eleven and the MASSIVE fountain drinks. :( I like going to Subway here even though it's ridiculously expensive (a meal there comes out to roughly $9 :eek: ), just because they have fountain drinks and you can get your own, so you can put tons of ice in it and get refills. Though if I'm Norwich I go to Nando's because the prices is about the same, but the food is much better. :drool: :drool: :drool:

not having a car, i don't often find myself at gas stations...

but i don't like coffee, so i can bet that if i did find myself in one, i wouldn't buy a coffee.

I like to go to ampm late at night, I usually get horchata. I don't like coffee. I went there the other night and my friend was being annoying so I smacked him in the head right in front of the clerk and she gave me my drink for free. Violence :up:

petrol stations in the states are crazy. When I was there I was astounded by the crap you can buy in them

here in the uk you can buy bottled pop, chocolate, newspapers and sweets and that's about it. Apart from petrol of course.

And in burger places you get given your pop - you can't help yourself :down:

zoney! said:
:lol:

I have never bought coffee at a gas station either. I do not fear the lids or the little red stirrers. I do not fear the sugar packets or the tiny creamers that look like they could be used as a shriner's hats for a mouse after you are done. I don't fear the recycled foam that the cup are made out of or the extreme heat at which the coffee is kept at. I just don't like hot coffee.

I agree, except for one little word. I would've said "I just don't like bad coffee." And at a gas station, that's what you'll get, 'bad' defined as anything except really really really good deep rich authentic strong espresso, preferably locally roasted unless I am in France or Italy.

Yes, I am Coffee Snob Extraordinaire. :grumpy:

I am easily offended by bad coffee therefore I also do not drink coffee from the following places: airplanes, diners, 7-elevens, fast food joints, hospitals, Starbucks, my friend's houses as well as most really expensive 5 star restaurants who also cannot make a decent cup of coffee.

Best coffee I know:
http://ohoriscoffee.com/

or at my house. :)

Last edited:
joyfulgirl said:
I am easily offended by bad coffee therefore I also do not drink coffee from the following places: airplanes, diners, 7-elevens, fast food joints, hospitals, Starbucks, my friend's houses as well as most really expensive 5 star restaurants who also cannot make a decent cup of coffee.

I always feel sorry for the people flying out of my city, knowing I make their coffee in the morning. The brand name might read "Caravelli" - but it has taken on the affectionate name "Crapavelli"

When drinking hot coffee, I only indulge in two varieties:

- Chock Full O' Nuts (the "Heavenly Coffee" that will make Joyful "heave" in humor

- Seattle's Best (anyone else find humor in the difference between the product's that are called "Seattle's Best" and "Milwauke's Best"? :hmm:)

Back
Top Bottom