i have never in my life...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We can't buy coffee in our petrol stations here, not the ones I have been in anyway
:up:

GAS stations (GAS!!!) stations here are depressing.

I will make my first million when I introduce the Big Gulp to the UK. :up:

meegannie said:
GAS stations (GAS!!!) stations here are depressing.

I will make my first million when I introduce the Big Gulp to the UK. :up:

Petrol (Petrol!!!!) :shifty:
I like the Tesco petrol stations, they are quite good except at 2 in the morning when you have to pay through a window and you fall over in your shoes and the guy inside nearly dies laughing.

Lara Mullen said:

Petrol (Petrol!!!!) :shifty:
I like the Tesco petrol stations, they are quite good except at 2 in the morning when you have to pay through a window and you fall over in your shoes and the guy inside nearly dies laughing.

I hate those bloody windows

Especially when you've just come out of a club and you really REALLY want some crisps, and you have to ask the man to go and get them for you. Then he gets mad when he gets back to the window with your crisps and you tell him you want a can of tizer as well

I don't think american style petrol stations would catch on in the UK....we're not so into our enormous portions of things. I nearly crapped my pants when I saw the size of a large coke in the states. I mean, you put your straw in and it disappears inside the cup! the cup is longer than the straw! How can anyone ever EVER need that much pop? I mean, surely there's only so far your bladder can stretch. Especially if you're on a long drive..................

Ah ha! I get it. They sell you big drinks so that you will soon need another wee, so you have to pull into another petrol station...........and so the viscious circle continues.

Yet another evil marketing ploy of the modern world :up::lol:

I once bought deodorant in a gas station. It was an emergency. I don't recommend it. Raw under-arms are no one's friend.:madspit:

I just had to google big gulp to find out what it was.

Am I right in believing that it's just a big ass cup of pop?

I can barely finish a 330ml can of pop before I need to burp lots and want the loo, so I have no clue how anyone could drink one of these efforts. I can't work out how big they are anyway - I don't understand this measuring liquid in ounces malarky. How many millilitres are there in a big gulp?

zoney! said:

I always feel sorry for the people flying out of my city, knowing I make their coffee in the morning. The brand name might read "Caravelli" - but it has taken on the affectionate name "Crapavelli"

When drinking hot coffee, I only indulge in two varieties:

- Chock Full O' Nuts (the "Heavenly Coffee" that will make Joyful "heave" in humor

- Seattle's Best (anyone else find humor in the difference between the product's that are called "Seattle's Best" and "Milwauke's Best"? :hmm:)

:lol:

I remember the days when Chock Full O' Nuts was a big step up for me. It was the just the beginning.

I had Seattle's Best in Seattle recently. I ordered a double latte. I took a sip and knew that I was about to become that coffee snob customer everyone hates. "Excuse me, but I ordered a double latte..." The kind person replied, "That is a double." "Oh...it tastes like warm milk so could you add two more shots?" She hated me. They all do. :huh:

I have gotten coffee at the local filling station when the power was off at home and I couldn't make any. I much prefer to make my own.

bammo2 said:

I hate those bloody windows

Especially when you've just come out of a club and you really REALLY want some crisps, and you have to ask the man to go and get them for you. Then he gets mad when he gets back to the window with your crisps and you tell him you want a can of tizer as well

I don't think american style petrol stations would catch on in the UK....we're not so into our enormous portions of things. I nearly crapped my pants when I saw the size of a large coke in the states. I mean, you put your straw in and it disappears inside the cup! the cup is longer than the straw! How can anyone ever EVER need that much pop? I mean, surely there's only so far your bladder can stretch. Especially if you're on a long drive..................

Ah ha! I get it. They sell you big drinks so that you will soon need another wee, so you have to pull into another petrol station...........and so the viscious circle continues.

Yet another evil marketing ploy of the modern world :up::lol:

I love going to the window drunk, especially at the garage beside the student halls as everyone else decides to go at the same time and the 2 men inside get extremley angry especially if you "hmmm and aah" about what you want :up:

My friend told me in America you can buy a slize of pizza which is about the size of a medium pizza here. :ohmy: I could never drink from a cup so large that the straw disappears :|

Last edited:
I don't like too much ice cos it just melts and makes your drink all watery :yuck:

a couple of cubes is enough for me :up: If they do their drinks correctly, they should be cold enough to start with without having to add all the ice :up:

Besides.....if you have loads of ice then you're missing out on that amount of actual drink

Can you tell I'm not a massive ice fan? :laugh:L

oliveu2cm said:
I did in England.

They don't have Dunks every 10 feet like in Mass. :angry:

BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH too true..
there's a saying now, us Massachusetts people get nervous if we're not able to see 3 Dunkies, an ATM and a gas station at all times :lol: :laugh: :D

the bitter irony -- nowadays if I 'treat' myself to coffee out it's Green Mountain -- from the friggin' gas station!

I don't usually buy coffee. Occasionally I'll go to Starbucks for one of their fancy coffees, usually cold, but I'm one of those people who will drink Diet Coke morning, noon and night.

That said, I really like Dunkin Donuts coffee. My brother-in-law buys it for their home, and he makes the best coffee I've ever had!

bammo2 said:
I don't like too much ice cos it just melts and makes your drink all watery :yuck:

a couple of cubes is enough for me :up: If they do their drinks correctly, they should be cold enough to start with without having to add all the ice :up:

Besides.....if you have loads of ice then you're missing out on that amount of actual drink

Can you tell I'm not a massive ice fan? :laugh:L

I :heart: ice. I sometimes would just buy a massive cup of ice to eat. :reject: Most fountain drinks in the US are made a bit more syrupy as well, so that when the ice melts, the drink doesn't get too watery. Of course, I think that's only suppoesd to work with a little bit of ice, not the entire cup I usually get. :uhoh: I don't like sugary drinks very much, though, so if I get something like lemonade or orange drink, it has to be a bit watery or it's too sweet for me. :yuck:

speedway gas stations are selling all their fountain drinks at 69 cents right now. you can get a 64oz (3.6 oz less than a 2L) fountain drink for only 69 cents! woot!

it's callled a loss leader. you lead with a deal so strong that people will come in just for it, but hopefully, buy something else.

they have had that offer before..everytime I move, I laugh at the fact I have this huge 64 ounce cup from SuperAmerica (now speedway) that says "69 cent refills" on it and it promotes the movie "Congo" with this big baboon on it. I keep it to humor myself.

Back
Top Bottom