i have eaten horse + kangaroo meat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
it was rather ordinary (the horse), can't say I liked it or disliked it, my neighbor just so happens to be an Italian Chef and owns a restaurant, he made me try it... I also tried kangaroo steak, I don't recommend that at all, the meat was far too tough (even though it was barely cooked!)

now i feel better, can report back to U2Bama's Vegetarian thread with a clear conscience...

kangaroo is hit and miss, never had horse, just read about em being eaten by the thousand on Napoleon's retreat from russia...

I've tried cow tongue. I don't think it's all that exotic, but whatever. It was cold. It didn't taste too bad actually.

anim26.jpg

Its just someone's totem. Don't mind the poor roo Wanderer.

horse meat can be really nice. We have it all the time, but then again, we have 80.000 horses running around in our country with a population of 280.000.

Will I tell you that I had whale?? Years ago, when we?ve still allowed to hunt them. Nah, better not
biggrin.gif

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

i tried eating veal once before and I couldnt
frown.gif

thats about as weird as my meat has gotten. give me the pre-packaged stuff thank you and dont tell me it was once a cow

i ate horse meat yrs ago & didn't know it 'till my mom told me. yikes. it tasted like beef though. apparently, it's cleaner than beef.

My 80-something almost 90 year old grandfather live up in the hills in Kentucky, and he still gets up in the mountains and hunts and stuff. He likes to cook squirrel, and I might add I have tasted them. The brains are really good. He leaves the eyeballs in them "so they can see whats eating them".

This is not joke, they really are good. I could not picture myself harming an animal, but I sure don't mind eating them.

I had a buffalo meat burger once...traveling through Arkansas. The meat was kinda tough, but it was semi-tasty, I don't know if I'd do it again though.

------------------

sunlight, sunlight fills my room
it's sharp and it's clear
but nothing at all like the moon..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

U2 Photo Album

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
now i feel better, can report back to U2Bama's Vegetarian thread with a clear conscience...

I actually ate a veggie burger from Chili's the other night and it was really good.... I prefer it over some meat-eater burgers.... the pattie was made of beans, it reminded me of a mexican dish in that way. Anyway, what was I going to say? Oh yeah, I've not had horse or roo... I guess I have lots to try yet but I did have deer once and it was good.

Roo's are like the typical Aussie, very cool.

See the suave way he shows his manly bits?

Or is that rooly bits?

He has the largest testicles I have ever seen.

ive eaten:

whaleburgers
bear
frog
scorpion

and they were all frickin disguistin.
actually they all tasted like chicken
rolleyes.gif

------------------
In the stillness of the evening
When the sun has had its day
I heard your voice whispering...

yeah well my bro has eaten, get ready for this......

COW BALLS!

eek.gif

[and it was in school]

no joke!

------------------
--U2002revolution
(not-a-newbie)

U2: Rock's Unbreakable Heart!

Back
Top Bottom