I have a spending problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Last weekend was my birthday. I got some money, and the biggest paycheck I've had for a while. And I got my state tax return. I paid my bills, and put some money back for school. But then instead of holding onto some of the rest, I went out and in 9 day period bought: (* Do not mock me. I am a sucker for a hook*)

Mr. Deeds DVD
Goldmember DVD
Minority Report DVD

CDs: (here's where it gets really bad)
John Mayer- Any Given Thursday
Ramones- Hey! Ho! Let's Go: Anthology
Johnny Cash- The Man Comes Around
Vanessa Carlton- Be Not Nobody*
Glen Phillips- Abulum
Uncle Kracker- No Stranger to Shame*
Ben Folds Five- Naked Baby Photos
Ben Folds Five- The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner
Toad the Wet Sprocket- Dulcinea

**= For those who missed the disclaimer, I know there is better music out there, but I am a sucker for a hook. And Vanessa Carlton rocked the *&%$ out of "Paint it Black".

Anyway, I need to curb my spending, but there's new Radiohead, Metallica, Blur, REM, Ryan Adams, and other bands with stuff coming out that I'll probably get, not to mention filling up my Toad collection before they all disappear from shelves. None of their stuff is going to be reissued for a while, so even their Best of is going out of print. I've still gotta get Bread and Circus, Pale, and Fear. The earliest, and therefore hardest to find.

Does anybody else find themselves spending too much money?

:reject: Dude, why on earth would you buy Mr. Deeds on DVD? :crack:
I will forgive you for the rest.

And yes... I am guilty of spending, but never like that. I get nautious when I buy one CD.

yes, i spend too much. i have no job right now so spending even a dime for me is too much since i have nothing to replace it with. yesterday, we went to the book store and i bought a magazine and a couple road maps so i'll know where i'm going during my summer trip.

I will not allow my bank account to dip/I will not allow my bank account to dip/I will not allow my bank account to dip..

There is soo much that I want ight now. Unofrtunately, I'm about to make a huge car insurance payment and renew my gym membership, so I can't spend any extra money right now..

(I'll buy a Cd anyway)

I soooo want to spend $ right now but I can't!!! I need to save some mula because I'm not working for a couple of months this summer. Oh well; as long as I save some cash and pay some credit cards off I will be GOLDEN!!!:yes: :wave:

Angel said:
:reject: Dude, why on earth would you buy Mr. Deeds on DVD? :crack:
I will forgive you for the rest.

It was the last movie I saw with my best friend before he left for the air force. Part of my summer last summer, which was probably the best of my life. Now my relationship from then is over, three friends in the military, a few away at college. And me alone commuting. So it's got sentimental value, and the "sneaky sneaky" bits make me laugh. On the whole it's not great, but it has value. Plus it was buy 2 get 1 free used.

I spent way too much till I started reviewing CDs and movies for the university magazine (unpaid but you get the cds to keep and free movie screenings), and all of a sudden I had money again!

i've saved money on cds cos i get some things for free from the campus radio station, but it's rarely ever the cds i really wanted. i think the george harrison album was the only thing i would have bought had i not got it free. although i did get the ramones tribute album...and a bunch of other wierd stuff

Me too, but I'm going to blame the government for cutting our school subsidies. They've forked out 500 big ones for learning courses, books, and camps. But yea, I spend a bit too much on CDs.

f**king music addiction.

If I told you what I spent on the infamous haircut and color job, you would all faint.

Back
Top Bottom