I have a shoe buying problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justified

Refugee
I

CAN'T

STOP

BUYING

SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:crack:

Must

PUT

ON

BLINDERS

TO

SHOE SALES!

I buy a pair every weekend. I have three new pairs in my closet that i have yet to wear and they are currently in their shoe boxes with their tissue still wrapped around them. i had to buy them because they were sexy, on sale and i could not say no!

and now i get an email telling me more shoes that i want are on sale!!!!!! :scream:

HELP ME!

You are the queen of confessions. SINNER!!! ;) :laugh:

I haven't bought shoes in MONTHS. I think the last pair I bought was in May before I left the US! :eek:

How many pairs do you currently own? I would definitely have a shoe addiction if I could find enough shoes that fit my odd feet to develop an addiction. Also, this isn't a good shoe town but whenever I travel on business I research shoe stores ahead of time and hail a cab the minute the meeting is over. I went nuts in Lori's Shoes in Chicago last time I was there (and turned in the cab receipt for reimbursement :reject: I don't know how I can sleep at night.)

But meggie, surely London has the coolest shoes! How can you contain yourself?

There's a girl at at the ballroom where I dance that seriously has like 30 pairs of dance shoes :| It's so uneccesary. And dance shoes are expensive.. anywhere from $100 - $150. She's got like 20 pairs of heels, 5 pairs of practice shoes and 5 other various types of dance shoes :crack:

I have 3 pairs. One pair of heels, one pair of practice shoes and one pair of dance sneakers. She cant even afford them either.. she is truly obsessed.

I never understood the idea of going crazy over something that touches the dirty ground, gets scuffed up, and eventually goes on forgotten about in the rear of the closet.
scratch2.gif

I have a terrible habit of buying shoes that are colourful I got a pair of pink pumps last week, they are adorable, I can't wait until spring so its warmer and I can wear them with my cropped jeans, I also got a lovely pair of red shoes and I own a pair of red and a pair of green DM's and next on my to buy list is a pair of black trainer type shoe with like spots of colour on them, and I also got a cute pair of black shoes with a little flower at the front. :drool: I wish I could afford shoes though, most of mine are really cheap, I like it when my Mum takes me out and spends a little cash, she got me the pink pumps.

Wow
90 pairs and only 3 of them you haven't worn yet. I would say it is only a problem if the shoes are taking up space that would normally be filled by something else. For example, if you are storing shoes in your bathroom or fridge, you have a problem. If they all fit in your bedroom, no problem.

Shoes are good - I have about 25 pairs.

Justified said:
I

CAN'T

STOP

BUYING

SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:crack:

Must

PUT

ON

BLINDERS

TO

SHOE SALES!

I buy a pair every weekend. I have three new pairs in my closet that i have yet to wear and they are currently in their shoe boxes with their tissue still wrapped around them. i had to buy them because they were sexy, on sale and i could not say no!

and now i get an email telling me more shoes that i want are on sale!!!!!! :scream:

90 pairs of shoes?!! All right!!!:up: Welcome to the Imelda Marcos club,Justified!!! LOL! I can't even count how many shoes I have..:scratch:...I have worn all but two or three pairs of them but I will get around to all of them eventually!!!! There's just something about a beautiful pair of shoes that makes you feel so GREAT!!!! :yes:

Ok,but first you have to tell me what the problem is...:shrug::wink:

Last edited:
I have three pairs of shoes I actually wear: black dress shoes, brown work shoes, and track shoes (not that I work out these days). My brown work shoes are scuffed, but SO comfortable with the perfect amount of heel for my pants that are too long, I keep fixing them up with brown turtle wax. I have three other pairs I never wear and will sell them at my upcoming garage sale. I have a weakness for flip-flops though, but right now I only have...*counts*...4 pairs and one pair of sporty sandals. I probably have more shoes at home, but obviously if I can't remember them, they must not be important so I'll sell those too. I've never had a shoe problem, but it's probably because I only wear shoes from Nov-March; the rest of the time it's flip-flops. I actually wore flip flops yesterday, but it is unseasonably warm here (40s, not 20s).

I do LOVE shoes though. Even ones I can't wear b/c my feet are messed up. Good thing I can't afford more pairs of shoes than I can wear in one week!

Last edited:
Re: Re: I have a shoe buying problem

Billie Midol said:

90 pairs of shoes?!! All right!!!:up: Welcome to the Imelda Marcos club,Justified!!! LOL! I can't even count how many shoes I have..:scratch:...I have worn all but two or three pairs of them but I will get around to all of them eventually!!!! There's just something about a beautiful pair of shoes that makes you feel so GREAT!!!! :yes:

Ok,but first you have to tell me what the problem is...:shrug::wink:

:sexywink: :laugh:

I've never really been into shoes. I just wear the same pair of sneakers everyday that are over a year old. Socks on the other hand, are a totally different story ;)

I don't know how many pairs of shoes I own....probably about fifteen pairs here and maybe ten in London....which I guess is sort of bad since I've only bought two pairs of shoes since I moved to England, which means I came here with over 20 pairs of shoes. Most of mine are tennis shoes because I got rid of most of my dress shoes, my brown shoes (too heavy), boots, and some sandals when I moved. I probably got rid of about 20 pairs. I have a really hard time with shoes because my feet got SO messed up from two years of walking to and from work and around on marble floors in four to six inch heels. They got screwed up during the summer I interned, but returned to normal while I was in college (even though I never wore tennis shoes :der: ), so I thought they would have healed by now, but I think they're permanently damaged. :(

Almost all of my shoes hurt when I've been walking around in them for a few hours now. :mad: My feet are pretty wide, too, so it's hard for me to find dress shoes that aren't too narrow near my toes. :down:

meegannie said:
Almost all of my shoes hurt when I've been walking around in them for a few hours now. :mad: My feet are pretty wide, too, so it's hard for me to find dress shoes that aren't too narrow near my toes. :down:

This is my problem too. My feet are wide and completely flat, I have no arch. I was supposed to have braces on my legs when I was little, but the doc said it wasn't completely necessary and my mom didn't want me to be like Forrest Gump, lol! If I spend an afternoon at the mall wearning anything but flat sandals, my ankles, knees and shins throb the next day and I get muscle spasms in my calves. But it's no biggie since I prefer sandals. I have to have a few pairs of shoes though, for when it snows, and I can't wear the same ones everyday or they get smelly. I don't know why, b/c some of my friends can wear the same shoes everyday for weeks. I usually change my socks and wash my feet during the day, and I put baby power in my shoes, but they still get stinky :reject:

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I have to have a few pairs of shoes though, for when it snows, and I can't wear the same ones everyday or they get smelly. I don't know why, b/c some of my friends can wear the same shoes everyday for weeks. I usually change my socks and wash my feet during the day, and I put baby power in my shoes, but they still get stinky :reject:

I have that problem too. :(:down::reject:

:wave:foot twin

meegannie said:

I have that problem too. :(:down::reject:

:wave:foot twin

Ya, I don't get it! I mean, I have CLEAN feet! I scrub them with soap them at LEAST once a day, usually more (I like to have warm, clean feet when I get in bed). I wear sandals as much as possible to air them out, I don't have any foot fungus, I don't play a sport where you have to always have shoes (actually, the only sport I do is gymnastics and you never wear shoes), I take my shoes off immediately after class/work and put a little baby powder in them and yet, my shoes stink! It's not even my feet that are stinky, just shoes. Ugh! I've had the same pair of gym shoes for three years (I like mine and gym shoes are expensive!) and I've started wearing them less and less (like once every two weeks as opposed to twice a week) b/c I don't want them to get stinky and ruined. :mad:

Last edited:
In the past 3 days I have purchased 4 new pairs of shoes! :hyper: :drool:

along with cute new spring clothing and purses!!!!!!!!!!!

:hug:bonus check :hug: :love:

I have flat feet also, no arches. The Aboriginals used to make fun of me when I was little saying "you got flatter feet than a Black Fella".

Yep, even the most discriminated against people, mock me. :|

Im okay. I have feet that are swollen from the heat, and from my pregnancy, and flat at the same time. I bought some shoes on Friday. Took me ages. I ended up with grannies shoes from the Chemist. :|

Not anything that Justified would be seen dead in.

Back
Top Bottom