i have a problem with people who assume things that aren't true

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
they kinda bother me... you've all heard the old statement... when you assume you make an ass out of u and me. well it remains true... especially with comments like these...

Well gosh, how disappointing...A thread to cause nothing but a shit fight. Good stuff.

Main Entry: ma?tu?ri?ty
Pronunciation: m&-'tur-&-tE, -'tyur- also -'chur-
Function: noun
Date: 15th century
1 : the quality or state of being mature; especially : full development
2 : something Headache in a Suitcase is lacking

eez headache, its like your trying to start a fight in here. just let it go already. you said you hated cats. some agree. some dont agree. dont fucking push the issue already. god.

This is truly one of the dumbest topics ever. It just breads contempt in people. It turns into an argument everytime...and why?

They are our pets. Who the crap cares if you don't like a certain animal?

This has been discussed a BILLION times. So why do people start these threads? To piss people off?

it seems that lately in this forum that you're only allowed to say certain things if a mod agrees with them. if i post a thread about how i hate creed and n'sync, which i HAVE done before... there isn't a problem. but the second i post a thread about disliking radiohead :shocked: or, god for bid, cats :shocked: i'm doing it for no other reason than to start an argument. now if i said "i hate zoey the demon cat" as a thread name, then yes... obviously... close the thread, 'cause that would be a direct personal attack against sicy. but i didn't say that... i just said i hate cats in general. some of you love them... congrats for you. i shall repeat it again... this is zoo confessionals, not zoo arguments. perhaps you should change the forum name to "zoo confessionals... unless it's something that other people might disagree with, in that case don't confess it because it'll be closed." i dunno maybe that's too long to fit. :shrug: so yeah... my maturity is apparently lacking just because i made a confession, and people who disagreed with me told me i was dumb for thinking so. riiiiiight. whatever... i'm sure this thread will be closed too. shocker.

stupid pilgrims... stupid cats...

in reference to this comment above...where exactly was i wrong in my reply?

like i said in my last reply to your closed thread...some agree, some dont agree with your "confession." you made your point. but comment you made above, its pretty clear you wanted to start shit.

i love cats, you dont. that doesn't bother me. what bothers me is you kept egging it on. thats my problem.

peace.

And I guess I have to add that I never imagined a silly photoshopped pic of a dog and cat meant to make light of the situation could be responsible for furthering an argument.

There has been way too much bickering and bad feelings around this place lately and it really sucks.

:|

I understand what you're saying headache

Just my opinion-when things start to bother you this much, I think the best thing to do is take a break.

I have some other things I would like to say, but being well aware of the consequences that might occur, I won't. The things that might be said to/about you on a msg board can really mess up your head, and it's just not worth it.

The only other thing I have to say is, things were said about dogs in that thread that I didn't like, but I just don't see the reason to get so upset over it. :shrug:

It seems maybe some people here enjoy bickering/insulting others, etc.

icelle said:

i love cats, you dont. that doesn't bother me. what bothers me is you kept egging it on. thats my problem.

Exactly. The problem is that you had nothing new or constructive to say, and you knew you were pissing people off, but you couldn't just drop it (and apparently still can't). This is why your maturity is being brought into queston. Nobody really cares whether or not you hate Radiohead or cats. In fact, plenty of people agreed with you.

I headache's defense, though, I understand that the "stupid pilgrims....stupid cats...." comment was most likely an attempt to bring levity to a thread that had gotten too argumenative. That said, it was an unnecessary comment as the thread had run its course and had managed to almost make it back into the realm of civility.

What constitutes a post or thread worthy of being closed, deleted, or edited by the forum moderators?
Anything that is a personal attack (by personal attack, we also include yawns, rolleyes, etc. that are directly intended to annoy, and are used excessively).

Topics that are dragged on or 'bumped' up for no legitmate reason but to start a fight or get a rise out of people.

Anything that is "inappropriate" (overly sexual, excessive profanity, etc)

Anything that is defamatory towards another site, person, or organization.

Any posts or threads advertising your forum or website are unacceptable and considered spam, and will be deleted. A small text link to your personal website in your signature is acceptable.

Moderators and other 'staff' are included in this policy as well.

Arguing and debating are fine, just avoid these points and you'll be fine. Play nice ;)

In addition, if someone wishes to start a thread to appreciate a specific band or album, please be courteous and do not start a flame war or bash that band or album in that thread. If you dislike a band or album, you may start your own thread voicing your dislike for that band or album.

*Please note - threads are closed at the descretion of the moderators, for any reason they see fit. Please contact the moderator or administrators via PM or email if you have a problem with thread closure.

bonosgirl84 said:
this will be closed because spin off threads are not allowed.

Headache, take it up with Elvis if you have a problem with your threads being closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom