i have a moral dilemma ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, Irvine your choices are

a) Take A and possibly upset new man in your life.
b) Take T and have to live with the consequences from A
c) Take Dandy.

No brainer mate, take Dandy :lol:

Sorry, take A.

take the one you originally offered the ticket to. its the right thing to do. good luck irvine.

Tania said:
No brainer mate, take Dandy :lol:
B]

so ... Dandy: got any plans to be in DC next Wednesday?

it's going to be a nervewracking day as it already is, because we've got a shoot up in Baltimore that day, and getting from Balty-DC during rush hour is awful at best, an the level of hell that Dante missed at worst.

still, if we're out by 6 there's no reason i can't be in my seat by 8 ...

it looks like i'll be having dinner and drinks with the man tonight, hopefully we can discuss in depth.

take the one you offered it to in the first place. It wouldn't really be fair to suddenly just take some other guy because he's your "unofficial boyfriend"...you never know, you could end up ending it with the 'boyfriend' and regretting not taking your friend and having the time of your life you'll forever talk about rather than be reminded of some lost love every time you hear U2 songs in the future because they were played that night...

Last edited:
gareth brown said:
take the one you offered it to in the first place. It wouldn't really be fair to suddenly just take some other guy because he's your "unofficial boyfriend"...you never know, you could end up ending it with the 'boyfriend' and regretting not taking your friend and having the time of your life you'll forever talk about rather than be reminded of some lost love every time you hear U2 songs in the future because they were played that night...

that's kind of what i've been thinking.

but he has a face that you'd never, ever want to say no to ...

Irvine511 said:

so ... Dandy: got any plans to be in DC next Wednesday?

unfortunately, no, as much as i'd love to solve your dilemma for you.

dramaqueen.gif

dandy said:

unfortunately, no, as much as i'd love to solve your dilemma for you.

dramaqueen.gif

alas, my Foppish Dandy, it will have to be another time ...

just where do you get those cool emoticons?

i know Beli's used that one.

gareth brown said:

care to elaborate??

*beautiful* light blue eyes, very soft spoken and calm, super polite, and one of the kinder people you'd ever hope to meet.

also, perhaps this changes the picture a bit:

last night, we went out for drinks and dinner with a friend of his. (she turned out to be a Yankee fan and we started yelling at each other over baseball ... her: "your team lost first!" me: "you lost as well, and everyone hates you" etc.) she was quite passionate about music, however, so all was well.

anyway, it turns out that (shock! horror!) not only has he never seen the original Star Wars movies, but he's never been to a really big-assed rock concert. he grew up in *rural* Tennessee, there was only one TV in the house, no VCR, and he spent his youth running around outside in bare feet and sort of distanced from popular culture. these days, he's a successful GIS consultant for a rather prestigious DC-area consulting firm and does lots of contract work with the Military, drives a good car, has a nice apartment, etc.

this is contrasted to A, who was born to a wonderful family who has a beautiful house with a pool in the middle of DC, she went to an expensive private school, a very upscale prestigious university, to her credit she does teach special ed in some tough inner city DC schools, but she's always (like me) been a privileged girl, gone to concerts, to Australia, all over, etc.

it seems like T, in the grand cosmic sense, *deseves* it more.

that, and i'll be sure that all 3 of us get tickets to Depeche Mode in December.

You know I just thought of this....if, A is such a fan, how come she didn't get her own set of tickets? I certainly wouldn't count on someone else getting tickets for me if there was a show I really wanted to see.

I mean if you have both gotten a couple of tickets I'm sure you could find one other person to go and have a great time with. Now, granted, the two pair of seats wouldn't be together, but you'd all have the thrill of going to the show and could have a great time comparing notes afterwards.

But it's making me wonder why she's doing the "it's OK, I don't have to go" routine instead of just saying "I'll get my own ticket" (and, yes I know tickets aren't the easiest thing to get, but I'm sure she could find one or two if she really wanted to).

And this isn't just a night out with a friend, it's going to see U2, so it shouldn't be a case of "oh, I won't have any fun without you." Hell, she would have fun with or without you (yep! pun intended :D ).

Still...you can't very well tell her, "buy your own ticket, sweetie" now I guess, so I'm not sure how you can get out of taking her gracefully. :huh:

it appears as if i have located 2 more tix -- nosebleed, but fairly priced tix -- for the 10/20 show.

so i just might be able to please everybody.

here's hoping ...

Back
Top Bottom