I have a HUGE library fine...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
...of like $60!
eek.gif
How? Well apparently, last summer I had a ton of stuff checked out and even though they cap charges per item at $10...I'm still a bit SOL.
tongue.gif
That's what happens when you move...everything gets lost and forgotten.
frown.gif

*is avoiding the library for now*

Me too!! I owe $75, plus another $10 because I lost my card, and I need a new one. Thank goodness that I live in one City, and Work in another. I am using a different library system for the time being!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

*lol* My public library system banned me until I pay all my fines...somewhere around 60 as well, but there's a cap at 20. Still...

So I went to the library in the next town....adn I owe them the 20 cap fine too! Oh the humanity!

I'm trying to avoid going to the library on campus. A friend of mine borrowed a video and now he owes them $80...no cap...full price.

oh wow...you people are making me feel less like the woman with the scarlet A and more normal.
smile.gif

I still have a hard time bringing myself to go pay it...specially when I think of all the brand NEW books I could buy for that money.
frown.gif

right now my library fine @ university of ottawa tops $100. they have a joint deal with my school where my school will collect the money, when i can afford to pay them that is or want to, otherwise i won't get my marks or be allowed to register next year
frown.gif

------------------
don't.

Originally posted by zonelistener:
You've been to a library? Or are you talking about, um, fines on your late "videos?"

You might be confusing me with the Love Muscle
smile.gif

Okay...I have an overdue book confession...

When I was younger (like from the ages of 10 through 14), I used to read all of those Sweet Valley Twin and Baby-Sitter Club books. I'd go to the library and check out like 10 to 15 books everytime and read them all in the two weeks time. One day, I was going through my desk, and I found a Sweet Valley Twin book that was 4 months overdue! I had a stack of 12 books to take back, so I shoved it in the middle of the stack and asked Dad if he'd drop off my books for me. I avoided the library for about a month because I was afraid I'd be in trouble. *lol* I never got fined though...they didn't keep very good tabs on those books (they had tons of them, but they were usually always checked out, so they just had a small rack).

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

I used to be sent fees for books almost ritually...and id ritually find the offending book in my room somewhere and take it back

Library fines are one of those things, like toast crumbs in bed and posters that fall off your walls, that exist purely to ruin people's days.

The Uni library here has some books which you can only borrow overnight and have to return by 11am the next day. And if you don't...?2 for every hour it's late - up to ?15. (?1 = US$1.50 approx.)

I had/have a library fine of over $400, because all the books i checked out(as well as everything else ive ever owned) were thrown out by a bunch of loser ass Nazis.
mad.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

I guess I should start a thread confessing that I haven't checked a book out of the library since, like, the Reagan Administration.

Then again, I was working in publishing all those years and got free books.
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom