i have a fear of....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I get nervous around lawn mowers...those fast, sharp, rotating blades. They kinda freak me out.

The garbage disposal scares me too. If I drop something in it, Dad can fish it out...I won't stick my hand in there.

U2Kitten said:
My cat is also afraid of the vacuum :uhoh:

I've never known a cat that wasn't afraid of the vacuum! They're all just a bunch o' little scaredy cats!

I'm afraid of the barbeque.:reject: That's strictly the man's job (or so says a 1950's LIFE magazine cookbook that I have. Reason enough for me.)

Haha, my guinea pigs LOVE the vacuum! They try and shreak louder than it.

I am also nervous of turning on the vacuum. When I was little, our old vacuum had spots where the cord cracked and if you touched it, you'd get shocked. I always thought it was because the vacuum went over that part of the cord and broke it. To this day I'm pretrified of the cord being anywhere near the vacuum.

I als hate turning on the air compressor. I'm always afraid it's going to explode. And the drill too, don't like turning that on at first.....

:wink: Those stupid 'seat type' scooters that kids ride! They come Zooming up behind you and it's not like they warn you or anything! Ugh! I hate that-you think they would say Something!:huh:

Wild animals!!! :no: I CANNOT go to a zoo, sometimes at night I have dreams that I'm alone in a locked cage with a lion and I don't know what to do so he attacks me! :scream: It's horrible!!! I'm really afraid of falling in one of those pits where the lions and tigers are and stuff!! Alligators, lions, tigers, pumas, any kind of out of control animal that can rip you apart in one split second scares the hell out of me!!! Therefore I'm a little afraid of those bigass dogs, THEY CAN TOTALLY SMELL MY FEAR!!! :yikes: They come close to me and I feel like they're going to bite me!!!

Height! :no: I don't know why, I didn?t' have height problem when I was a kid, I was always jumping from places and stuff but now I seriously can't get near an open window too much or I fell really dizzy (specially if I look down) and I'm afraid of falling down! When 9/11 happened I felt really, really bad when I saw a person throwing himself from up there, horrible, horrible thing! :sad:

Die burning (but who isn?t)! I also have nightmares where I?m burning alive. :scream: There's no worst way of dying. Basically any sensation of lost of control scares me like nothing else in this world. :yikes:

TheBrazilianFly said:

Height! :no: I don't know why, I didn?t' have height problem when I was a kid, I was always jumping from places and stuff but now I seriously can't get near an open window too much or I fell really dizzy (specially if I look down) and I'm afraid of falling down! When 9/11 happened I felt really, really bad when I saw a person throwing himself from up there, horrible, horrible thing! :sad:

oh my I have the same problem... but when I'm in a very high place,looking down through the window, i start to shake and feel dizzy, my hands start to hurt, I get really nervous... Once i had to take some panoramic pics of Bogota, so I had to go to a heliport (is that the word??) in one of the highest buildings of the city... i was crying.. all my friends took their cameras to the edge of the roof and I made a big effort to do that... i felt so bad :sad:

many times I have that ugly dream: i feel like falling from somewhere and I feel how my body hits the "ground" all my nerves react and I woke up with my heart beating hard like 100000 drums. I can have that dream 2 or 3 times one night, and it gets worse if I have problems at day...

I'm afraid of the garbage disposal as well. lol

I'm afraid of getting into a car accident...I just recently started driving about 6 months ago and that's my greatest fear.

i dont like dreams when im falling. i havent had a nightmere for a few years now. i also hate stairs with gaps in them! in the swimming pools, they always have them on the slides and the stairs go on forever, i always felt like id fall down them or get my foot stuck.:(

I've had many a falling dream - people say that if you hit the ground in your dream you die....well...yeah.....

Also I have had plenty of dreams watching people fall but I never see them hit the ground...:confused:

Insert Twilight Zone music here >

I really, REALLY dislike those metal grid bridges where you can look straight down through into the water while you're driving over... gaaaaaah.

don't feel bad about the vacuum...
when i was a little kid I was scared of flushing toilets because the one in our awful little apartment overflowed if you so much as looked at it strangely.. it got me once and that was the end of it. :scratch: :coocoo: :scream:

and those big street-cleaner things that would be out just at dawn so all you could make out was the hulking black mass of it with blinking lights on top and those gigantic round brushes underneath spinning and the whole thing making this ominous diesel-engine-groan with the scrubby hissy noises of the sweepers. scared. me. shitless.

wolfeden said:
I really, REALLY dislike those metal grid bridges where you can look straight down through into the water while you're driving over... gaaaaaah.

When I drove a moped, I hated driving across those...always felt like I was gonna wipe out. :crack:

getting onto a plane. i dont care what anyone says, the thought of flying through the air in a huge metal tube terrifies me.

I also hate the stairs with gaps through them, I always walk really slowly up them, I like to annoy folk :up:

Mr. BAW said:
I've had many a falling dream - people say that if you hit the ground in your dream you die....well...yeah.....

Also I have had plenty of dreams watching people fall but I never see them hit the ground...:confused:

Insert Twilight Zone music here >

"falling feels like flying until you hit the ground..."

I've hit the ground in my dreams before, and seen others (in graphic detail sometimes :yikes: ).

My only major fear is the ocean/large bodies of water/deep water. I had to cover my eyes during parts of Finding Nemo because it scared me so much. :reject: Whales also scare me, but I still like them. Same with mountains. I guess anything huge scares me really. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom