I have a beer belly...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrownEyedBoy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Yes.

I do.

It sits right there undeniable. And I think it stares back. At first I thought it was just extra weight from the growth supplement I take for the gym. And I'm mostly quite fit. But there's this new horrendous belly that makes me look really weird because of how much it protrudes.

Where does it come from? Is it only from beer or from all kinds of alcohol? Someone told me that the actual beer doesn't give you a belly it's the chips that you're usually munching on; but I've been extra careful not to eat chips when going out.

Starting tomorrow, because I haven't had time, I'm starting a longer regimen for cardio workout and I'm depriving myself of all kinds os alcohol until it goes away. :huh:

Any advice to get rid of a beer belly? I ask this because it feels like a different kind of "fat". It feels swolen. :huh: And regular fat, I think feels squishy... :huh:

I would say drink lots of water, exercise, and eat a healthy balanced lo fat diet (which means NO chips and NO beer!)

Interesting thread nonetheless. Good luck!

u2bonogirl said:
Definitely get more cardio. Thats what will take the fat off ya :yes:
My husband is in agreement with you on the hard fat thing :lol: He says it doesnt feel like normal people fat...more like a pregnant lady!!

That's what makes me wonder. If it's a different kind of fat than say, pizza or coke. So maybe I could cut back on the beer but still have my coke? (Which I'm somewhat addicted to, even though I try to keep it down to one per day).

Is there any kind of alcohol that doesn't give you beer belly?

And yes, I'm drinking more water, running, and didn't even go out this weekend so I wouldn't drink.

BrownEyedBoy said:

That's what makes me wonder. If it's a different kind of fat than say, pizza or coke. So maybe I could cut back on the beer but still have my coke? (Which I'm somewhat addicted to, even though I try to keep it down to one per day).

Is there any kind of alcohol that doesn't give you beer belly?

And yes, I'm drinking more water, running, and didn't even go out this weekend so I wouldn't drink.

Get rid of any kind of caffeine completely! I stopped drinking caffeine for 3 mths and I felt great. Unfortunately I've been drinking alot of soda again and I really have to get away from it.

U2Girl1978 said:
In a couple of weeks, I'm going to start yoga! :up: And i'm going to do the weight watchers.

That's great! I've heard a LOT of good things about Yoga. It's good not only mentally but physically! I also am thinking about a weight loss program, a number of people at work are doing the South Beach Diet. Hmmmmm.....I am going to check with my doctor first tho, cuz the B/P med I am on is real finicky and if I don't eat enough I get real light headed and dizzy and I also have a problem not eating enough protein.

a quick google search gave me this...
http://www.fitnessandfreebies.com/fitness/belly.html

causes of a beer belly and ways to get rid of it... it even mentions the "hard" fat versus your regular squishy fat.

It also says to avoid jogging, because it's hard to hold in your stomach muscles and jog and it weakens them... but if that's the case it seems like jogging + crunches would solve that problem.

Anyway, sum up in a nutshell... drink less beer, do crunches, don't eat right before bed, and stand up straight.

or... take up a wind instrument. When I was in high school I gained weight throughout but always had a flat stomach, and it was because I had to play my saxophone at least 2 hours a day.

I have a beer belly..............

...........and I don't even drink beer

:(

I blame it on our schools weight room facility. It's ALWAYS busy. If you go at the most obscure time, like 2pm during the middle of the summer, you will STILL have to sign up 12 hrs in advanced for something normal like a treadmill or an elliptical. Doing weights is no better b/c you're either waiting 5 minutes between sets, or you finally get on and there's like 10 guys from the varsity basketball team all itching to take your spot.

:mad:

Back
Top Bottom