i hate motorcycles...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
i just found out some sad news tonite. one of my friends from gradeschool died in a motorcycle accident. he was the younger brother of one of my brother's best friends and classmates.

i wrote more about it in my journal but i really don't have any other details since it just happened earlier this evening.

:sad:

I'm so sorry Lizzie...I've lost more than one person before their time so I truly understand how hard it is.

:hug:

i dont like motorcycles either...a friend of mine also died in one of those.

im sorry.

Oh Abel, Im sorry to hear about your friend. I too have lost a close friend, my former flatmate, to a motorbike accident.

Are you going to the funeral? As much as I detest motorbikes the thundering roar of a motorbike procession following the hearse is a truly uplifting experience (in a very sad kinda way).

Take care, my friend.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear that :hug:

My dad has been foaming at the mouth for a Harley for quite some time, and I'm sure that he will probably end up getting one within the next few years. I've already told him many times how I feel about this--it scares the shit out of me :|

I'm sorry ABEL:hug: I have lost a good friend too. It's been years now and he still comes into my thoughts a lot.
But even so...I LOVE bikes, big road bikes. Hub and I saw one for sale last week, just like we want ( V twin, the sand here eats chains and sprockets). It's not too expensive either(2nd hand) but still we can't afford it...one day maybe. We got around on a bike when we first met and we want to again, someday. The only injuries I had were exhaust pipe burns, sore butt on long rides and I got bitten on the leg by a mongrel dog one night when I was just leaving the kerb. Sorry I got started...bikes:dream:

Best wishes to your family and his.

thanks everyone :hug:

i've been trying to remember the last time i saw him and i can't...it was so long ago...i don't even know if i'd seen him since i moved to dallas...i'm sure i saw him at some point when i went home to visit, perhaps a 4th of july party, or at church or something. last nite i was remembering some of the times from our childhood...it's kinda odd, i've been attempting to clean up my bedroom for some time now...a couple weeks ago i found an old yearbook from elementary school, which has been sitting on my nightstand because i've been to lazy to finish cleaning...i found his 1st grade picture in it last nite :sigh:

i'm not sure if i'll be able to go to the funeral or even when it is yet. i'm sure i'll know more after i talk to my parents tonite.

Last edited:
can this get any more sad? :(
i just talked to my parents to nite...i didn't realize this since i haven't really seen anthony since we were kids until my mom told me, but today (feb. 8th) would have been his 27th birthday :sad:

i probably won't be going to the funeral...just too much schedule conflict, my parents busy helping anthony's mom, and not to mention i can't really afford full fare airline tickets (cuz of the short notice)

Last edited:
:(:hug:

My dad was in a motorcycle accident a few years ago that could've killed him, but luckily with the way he landed, he was only in the hospital for a while. And he's still obsessed with his Harley. :yikes:

my aunt was almost killed several years ago in a motorcycle accident too. she and her husband both still love them tho...

martha said:
Every close male friend of mine rides a bike, and they've all been in wrecks. All except my husband. Most of the wrecks were the car's fault. Those that weren't the car's fault, didn't involve cars at all.

The famous saying is that there's two kinds of riders:

-Those that have been down
-Those that are going to go down

I joined the latter after riding for a year and a half. It was my fault and no cars were involved. I had a really powerful sport bike and gassed it a little to hard when pulling out of a drive and lost it.

My son was born March 17th last year, bike was gone by April 17th. Priorities-Priorities!

I'll get another bike again someday, this time a Harley wannabe. (Harley's are just to damn expensive/overpriced) The Japanese built wannabe's run better and longer and are less than half the price. Sorry to all you USA built/Harley only people out there, but it's true. Also, I would feel I'm buying a name/clique if I got a Harley and that's not a reason for me to ride.

For now, bikeless. My son's a lot more fun to play with than my bike was anyway.

Jason.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom