I hate misers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AcrobatMan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Song of the week "sentimental" by Porcupine Tree
And everyone in my office appears misers. They always talk that this will be costly, going here would be costly.

As less as equivalent to 0.1$, and what is cheap...and how can you make company reimburse for anything they buy.

Which mutual fund will give 0.1% more and which loan will take 0.1% less.

How to avoid going to a restaurent because its costly...saying..."If i knew this restaurent was so costly I wouldnt have come here".

And they all earn quite well ..

Unfortunately they are my colleagues and friends :) and I tolerate them all

At least you're not related to one like I am :madspit: I could tell stories of the greed (and stealing of the family inheritance) by a miserly and supposed "Christian" brother, but I don't feel like talking about it. :mad:

TheBrazilianFly said:
I don't even know what's misers but here ---> :madspit: :mad:

What's misers? :hmm:

Scrooge was a miser. Does that help, BF?

indra said:

Scrooge was a miser. Does that help, BF?

After reading U2democrat's post again and thinking about your example it's clear to me now. I think sometimes I can be a miser but not in a mean way like U2Kitten's relative. :reject: Thanks!!! :up: :hug:

This is one thing that really annoyed and disheartened my father and me this season.

Where my dad works, they put up one of those trees where they have the names of needy kids and what they'd like for Christmas hanging on the branches. Dad always picks out two little girls who want Barbies, and we go shopping for them. :cute: They put up another tree in a different part of the building with 40 names on it. After the end of the first day...there were still 40 names left. People there earn pretty decent money, and they can't spare a little cash to brighten a needy child's Christmas? I had him pick another name for me, and he also put up signs around asking people to donate money so that someone else could do the actual shopping (he thought maybe people didn't want to take the time to go get the gifts). He kicked in some cash to start it off. I don't know how much was collected...but I really hope they racked up some money for those kids.

I know that the holidays aren't about spending money and having material things...but, come on...they're kids.

Sorry, I kind of ranted there...but...it just pisses me off.

yeah me too bc. at the mall near me (well it's a bit far away but that's another subject) they had an angel tree as well. i picked out a baby who wanted among other things a gloworm (because i had one as well!) and my mom picked out a senior. they also had one at work and i gave a little to that too.

i will say though that the one thing i hate is how the charities really don't do any of this big boost of advertising or whatever until christmas. it's not the "oh i'd rather buy presents for my family" thing for me, but just that they all do it so then i can't possibly afford to donate to them all! i wish i could give my money to salvation army, get several angels on the tree, give toys for tots, coats for seniors, meals for the disabled, etc., all year round! i know these programs exist year round but let's admit it...come january first we completely forget about them until december when they start advertising again! at least that's what happens to me.

Back
Top Bottom