I hate fake "have a nice day!"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BluberryPoptart said:

You are beginning to annoy me with your assumptions that the person who complains is ALWAYS wrong and the worker is the victim. It goes BOTH ways, but why do you refuse to believe that there really are rude, stupid people out there who don't know how to do their fucking job??! It happens. Not all the time, of course not, but it happens. I am a very wordy person. I explain every detail, even things I don't need to get into. If someone is too fucking slow to understand, or does not know everything they are supposed to know to do their job properly, it is not my fault.

You are assuming I am a bitch. I am ALWAYS nice and give them every benefit of the doubt until it becomes obvious I'm talking to a brick wall. I try, I never want to make anyone mad.

Documentation? Oh, they say I have it, but the next person denies it existed. Another thing that happens is someone giving you their absolute word a 'post dated' pay by phone will not be put in until a certain day, yet it goes in the next day, causing severe financial hardship. Then, they deny the promise. Don't tell me I'm doing it wrong. There are a lot of fuck ups out there (not wanting to be rude, but a large number of them seem to say they are calling from India and do not speak or understand English as well as they should) But I've had plenty of inept Americans too.

BTW, I am not alone in this. Everyone I know seems to have a story on this, and I don't usually bring the subject up first.

First, if you need documentation, or if the issue is so problematic it will cause "severe financial hardship" to you, NEVER handle it over the phone, as there really is virtually no way you have documentation. US Postal Service is the best as there are all types of services which provide proof of mailing, proof of delivery, delivery to a specific person only, etc.

Yes, there are rude people all around, but if the above post is indicitave of the way you respond when irritated, you are going to find you have many problems with customer service people. I wanted to slap you just reading through it (especially with the "them damn foreigners"-type comment), and I'm pretty easygoing.

indra said:
Yes, there are rude people all around, but if the above post is indicitave of the way you respond when irritated, you are going to find you have many problems with customer service people.

EXACTLY. This is merely an Internet forum were we are trying to open your eyes to other opinions, and you are telling me that "I am annoying you" and using the term expeltives to get your point across. If you are getting that heated in an Internet forum, I can't imagine what you might be like on the phone.

BluberryPoptart said:

You are beginning to annoy me with your assumptions that the person who complains is ALWAYS wrong and the worker is the victim. It goes BOTH ways, but why do you refuse to believe that there really are rude, stupid people out there who don't know how to do their fucking job??! It happens. Not all the time, of course not, but it happens. I am a very wordy person. I explain every detail, even things I don't need to get into. If someone is too fucking slow to understand, or does not know everything they are supposed to know to do their job properly, it is not my fault.

You are assuming I am a bitch. I am ALWAYS nice and give them every benefit of the doubt until it becomes obvious I'm talking to a brick wall. I try, I never want to make anyone mad.

I don't know what it is like in America but from experience when people start working in a busy environment such as retail there is very little training given, you are usually thrown in at the deep end and you aren't really prepared. After 3 years I would know what to say when someone complains or isn't happy with something. I see girls now who have to deal with irrate customers and don't know what to say because they are new/ have had no training on how to deal with a difficult customer/ frightened. Maybe they aren't "slow" (if someone called me that, that would put my back up) maybe they just havent dealt with this situation before. If you really feel like you are talking to a brick wall ask to speak to their manager.

If you don't want to make anyone mad I really hope you don't talk to people the way you speak here. I know that the customer is always right and I have never been rude to a customer even though I have had many nasty customers (one who threatened to hit me over the price of a botle of lemonade). If I had to deal with someone who acted the way you have acted here I would refuse to serve you. If we feel a customer is being aggressive or we feel uncomfortable we can ask our boss to deal with the problem. I wouldn't feel comfortable if someone was calling me slow and swearing at me. Yes, every customer is entitled to the best customer service and there queries should be listened to properly, at the same time the employee deserves to be treated with respect, swearing at them is going to make the situation worse. If I am a customer in a shop I would expect someone to help me with my problem. I always voice my complaint politely and I have never had anyone be rude back to me, they have always apologised and fixed my problem very quickly. I would never dream of swearing at an employee in a shop because I know what it's like to do their jobs. I would also know that if someone looked a bit lost they would probably be new I would ask them if they had just started instead of jumping down their throat and calling them slow. I wouldn't expect anyone to deal with me if I was angry. If I was told to leave the shop it would be my own fault. I think I have said this before but its nice to be nice. If you are nice then the person dealing with you should also be nice. If I felt someone was rude back and didn't have reason to be I would speak to their manager. I would expect that the manager would not be able to apologise enough and would say that the member of staff would be spoken to. If you felt you still hadn't been treated properly there is an easy solution, take your business elsewhere.

Last edited:
indra said:

Yes, there are rude people all around, but if the above post is indicitave of the way you respond when irritated, you are going to find you have many problems with customer service people. I wanted to slap you just reading through it (especially with the "them damn foreigners"-type comment), and I'm pretty easygoing.

And I want to slap you as well. :mad:

I put the 'forgeiner thing as gently as possible, but the fact remains is, if someone does not understand English they cannot accurately discuss your situation with you. It's only common sense. But the vast majority of the people I've had problems with are Americans. Some of them really are incompetant, and I don't think I am out of line for being frustrated with that.

The important thing to remember is that as a customer, you are being offered a service. The customer service personel are not slaves, THEY are offering YOU something you wouldn't otherwise have.

(PS the "you" is not directed at any person in particular, just any person out there :D )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom