I hate driving on Freeways!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
I hate driving on freeways and do it as little as possible...usually I take the side streets or smaller highways...it usually gets me there just as fast without feeling all frazzled :crazy:

Tonight, I was going to a party at a friend's house, who lives out near DFW airport... I was going to meet up with another friend of mine about half way and we were going to go to the party together because she works out there as well.... I started off fine, taking one of the smaller highways, but then I got lost...after two separate stops and not finding the place where I was going to meet my friend, we finally decided to meet where I was, cuz I had no clue where she was! :lol:

She even had trouble on the freeway and missing her turn, and once you miss your turn off, you keep going for another 10 miles or so before you can get off :banghead:

We both felt like we were driving in circles :der: :no:

I think growing up in a small town where there were no big freeways or highways has something to do with why I hate driving on them....tonight tho, I think I drove on just about every highway between here and DFW airport! I felt like :no: :scream:

mommy!

Last edited:
Freeways make me nervous if I don't know where I am going. If I know for sure where I am to go, they usually don't bother me...otherwise...I am an absolute wreck!

Just ask poor April...when I drove down to her town to pick her up to go to the Ryan Adams show, we had no clue where we were going. I'd never driven in Detroit before...we were lost for quite awhile, and I was quite frazzled...we were on the wrong side of the road a couple times. :uhoh: :huh:

On the freeways...the damn sun was shining so much that I couldn't read the signs! :scream: We were on this like 4 lane freeway, but there was not a single car around besides us, so I came to almost a complete stop on the freeway so I could read the damn signs. :laugh:

when my friend and I finally found eachother and were on our way to the party, she was asking me "should I turn here?" and I was like, I dunno :shrug: :laugh:

ABEL said:
when my friend and I finally found eachother and were on our way to the party, she was asking me "should I turn here?" and I was like, I dunno :shrug: :laugh:

Yeah, this was April and me...

BC: Hey, should we take that exit?

April: No...I think it's the next one...

*keeps driving...doesn't see a single exit*

April: Maybe that WAS our exit...

BC: *panics* :uhoh: :crazy:

April: Let's just take the next exit and ask for directions.......

Then our adventure REALLY began! :laugh:

Bonochick said:

I think we had exactly the same conversation tonight :eeklaugh:

Bonochick said:

When in doubt, always ask for directions. :tongue:

I can't avoid driving the freeways where I live but I still hate it...the last time it rained, I was on a curving transition from one freeway to another...my sister says I wasn't going too fast and I don't think I was either but somehow we ended up spinning completely around twice and landing on some rocks by the side of the freeway.

After we sat for a few minutes like this :shocked: :uhoh: :ohmy: I was able to restart my car and pull back on the freeway to continue to Gramma's house. By the time I got there, I was :crazy: but I knew if I turned around and went home, I would be afraid to drive the freeway again. And, I would have to tell my husband what I did. :silent:

i only hate driving on the interstate when it is raining and when i am driving behind very slow people. i can't avoid driving on them either.

i was doing 95mph the other day on the interstate and didn't realize it until i got closer to downtown. i apparently had to keep up with a cute guy in his BMW. lol oops :ohmy:

freeways deliver goods to regional centers so that a consumer economy might function.

and they let me drive quickly.

Back
Top Bottom