I Hate Doctors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
I hate doctors. I hate all medical personnel. Well...all the ones I've met, anyway.

I've had problems with dizziness and fainting for almost 5 years...nobody can find anything wrong with me. Then people get pissed because I won't go to the hospital after one of my spells...why should I??? So my parents and I can hand over all of our money for them to tell me that there's nothing wrong with me?? And now my sister is really sick, and can the damn doctor find what's wrong with her? No.

Nobody better call an ambulance for me unless I'm bleeding out of my eyes. And still ask me first.

------------------
"Baby...can we still be friends?"

I hate doctors for the simple reason theyre overrated like theyre the saviors of society or something, but they make mistakes like everyone else, and more often then not, surguries which result in death are due to professional negligence or incompetence... its like ooh we switched pain killer a with similarly chemical structured poison b since they both have similar names. Let alone leaving instruments in patients... Plus, I hate how some doctors give out perscriptions like candy, someone comes in claiming to have a sore throat and then boom guess what theyre on antibiotics and dont even bother finishing them because theyre useless and now we have resistant bugs on our hands. BLARGH upon incompetance and lack of discresion... BlArgH I say...

If I was a guy I'd tell them all to blow me.

I know how you feel BC... I had problems in my right shoulder off and on for 5 years before they finally figured out that I have degeneration in one of my shoulder joints.

Thanks for the pain and depression docs!

Originally posted by ~unforgettableFOXfire~:
I hate doctors for the simple reason theyre overrated like theyre the saviors of society or something, but they make mistakes like everyone else, and more often then not, surguries which result in death are due to professional negligence or incompetence... its like ooh we switched pain killer a with similarly chemical structured poison b since they both have similar names. Let alone leaving instruments in patients... Plus, I hate how some doctors give out perscriptions like candy, someone comes in claiming to have a sore throat and then boom guess what theyre on antibiotics and dont even bother finishing them because theyre useless and now we have resistant bugs on our hands. BLARGH upon incompetance and lack of discresion... BlArgH I say...

Ditto! You hit the nail on the head here.

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Oh Bonochick I can so relate!

I HATE doctors and I'm scared of them too!

Well, in the summer 2000 I was really beyond sick, I was going to 3 different doctors and NOTHING, no one could tell me what was wrong with me! I was having left Abdominal pain. (VERY BAD). I was rushed to the ER, spend like 8 hours there, had soooooo many tests... I mean TONS of blood work done
frown.gif
I was under so MUCH medication for pain..And no one really KNEW what was wrong with me! It went away but never knew what it was.

You get dizzyness? That sucks, in the same year I was hit with severe vertigo! I never knew WTF that was! It's horrible, everything around you is spinning so damn fast! I would get dizzy when I looked up or down!
frown.gif
Or when I did anymovent on my right side. I spend 5 months going the doctor, 5 months of being scared and dizzy... and NOTHING! The doctor couldn't tell me why I would get dizzy doing certain things! Until I had it went to an ENT and FINALLY got some answers and realized what I had was so easily cured with a 5 minute procedure in the doctors office!
mad.gif
ARGH! But I still suffer from bouts of dizziness now and then!
frown.gif
But at least I know what it is and can get rid of it fast!!

mad.gif
@doctors!

------------------
"Rhythm is the sex of music" - Edge

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

I hate doctors cos you have to rely on them so much.

Apart from that, they are incredible. They help with miracles. Yes, they fail, like to err is human, anyway.

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
I'm one of those people who has a white coat fear.

*shudders*

What about a butcher and a cricket umpire?

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

I don't like to see doctors, but I think most of them are great. Especially those who work in the ER. Although they paid good, but they also have to work very hard.

My uncle is one who works in the ER. It's quite unbelievable when I heard how much job he has to do.

Unbelievable, really.

But I hate those doctors mentioned by FOX who give out antibiotics even though the patient only has a cold or something.

Also, there was a case in Hong Kong that a doctor made a serious mistake in a surgury. Later someone found out that while operating the surgury, he was talking to his stock agent on his cell phone! Crazy, I say. *shakes head*

[This message has been edited by christiana (edited 01-29-2002).]

I have a literal allergy to ERs - I break out in hives everytime i have to go to one!
eek.gif

I do like *some* doctors though(esp the cute ones!
tongue.gif
).
But generally speaking, i think they get paid way too much for too little work. I mean, how much time does the doctor spend with you? 60 seconds?? Thats IF you cant get an appointment, youll prolly have to wait 2 weeks - 4 months for one.
They wont do the necessary tests, and never have an idea of what it is you have. i have many health problmes, have seldom been treated and never been cured. It scares the s*** out of me to think i could have something serious, and wont get cured in time to prevent it from worsening, etc.
Also, in the US, before 1986, they could refuse to treat you, no matter how sick you were, if you didnt have the money or the right insurance. I know this because the paramedics and the doctors, nurses, and others at the hospital refused to treat me after a pretty serious accident. just left me bleeding all over the floor, almsot till dawn, till they "found" a doctor who would accept our insurance. They couldn't exactly fix my injury by that time...
rolleyes.gif

Not only that, but i dont believe most doctors care anything about their patients. I know most vets dont. Vets can get away with killing their patients and no one ever does anything about it. MD's can get away with it too. Theyre just in it for the money.
But then again, maybe not caring is the only way you can be a DR. I mean, with patients dying all around you, wouldnt it just be too painful for you to care???

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 01-29-2002).]

I haven't seen a doctor for about 20 years

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I have this weird fear of nurses..well, it's actually the little uniforms they wear..the vets wear the solid color pants and the shirts with little dogs and cats on it..baby doctors wear the pants and shirts with little babies on them...ewww...*shudder*

Originally posted by Bonochick:

I've had problems with dizziness and fainting for almost 5 years...nobody can find anything wrong with me.

Bonochick, do you think you may be Anemic(sp)??? That is a low red-blood cell count. Usually fixed by taking a B-12 shot or Vitamins. Could that be what's causing it??

And don't hate me, I'm not a doctor, just a very sickly person who has probably had every problem in the book!!

------------------
Work like you don't need to
Love like you've never been hurt
Dance like no one is watching

Originally posted by u2loopy:
Bonochick, do you think you may be Anemic(sp)??? That is a low red-blood cell count. Usually fixed by taking a B-12 shot or Vitamins. Could that be what's causing it??

Nope. They tested me for that...and for diabetes...and about a million other things.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Remembered this thread of mine earlier tonight...

My sister has been really sick, and she has had a hard time finding a doctor who even has time to see her. She recently had surgery, and she is in more pain than ever. She called the hospital to ask if it was supposed to hurt this much...their reply?

They don't know...because that's the first time they ever performed a surgery like hers.

Nice. Fucking nice.

------------------

I know...it makes me so mad...

My sister is so upset...and I don't blame her...

------------------

Originally posted by Bonochick:

They don't know...because that's the first time they ever performed a surgery like hers.

Nice. Fucking nice.

eek.gif
That is really bad!!!
eek.gif
Don't they know there is something out there called "Medical Texts"??????

I'd say a second opinion is in order here.

I'm sorry about your sis. I hope she does ok.

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

I have never, I repeat NEVER, had a good experience with a doctor, a hospital or an insurance company. I hate them all.

On the other hand, I have had near miraculous experiences with various alternative therapies, although I realize there are as many quacks in that field as in the traditional medical field. Still, it's my first choice of treatment. I'll try herbs, kiniseolgy, acupuncture, fasting, juicing, colonics, hydrotheraphy, ANYTHING, before going to a traditional allopathic doctor.

The doctors I hate the most are the ones who advise against the things mentioned above.

Back
Top Bottom