I hate...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
..that stupid talking cartoon oven mitt on the Arby's commercials! I thought it was a dumb idea on the bags, but the talking one on the commercial is so lame! He's not funny, or cute, or something that becomes a cool part of pop culture. It's just dumb and useless. Who invented this sorry ass idea and why are they rich? Did you know Tom Arnold does the voice, that must be costly! Am I alone in my dislike for this thing, or do some of you like it?

Yes, I do have much worse problems, but I don't want to talk about them. ;)

One time, I got drunk at my friend's house and decided that Oven Mitt needed a girlfriend. I found a Sharpie and drew a face on my friend's oven mitt. Just as I was going to add the boobs and booty to define the gender, my friend found me and took it away from me.

i don't like the oven mitt either. it's something that was slightly funny ("meaning i was like "heh") the first time i saw it, but after that it was annoying. i like the hamster thingies for quiznos though. :reject:

THEY GOT A PEPPER BAR!!!!

Tom Arnold doing the voice of an oven mitt for Arby's? That's almost as annoying/funny/sad as Randy Quaid doing the Colonel for KFC. I haven't seen these Arby's commercials, though. I wonder if they're not airing on the west coast. :scratch:

I thoroughly enjoy the oven mitt, but the Quizno's thingies need to be banished from this planet.

Avoid the Noid guys!!

:mad:

I have never seen the Quiznos things :huh:

The coolest fast food gimmick ever was the Taco Bell doggie. He was cute and funny.

I love those Citibank (I think) commercials about the identity theft protection ... the ones with identity theft victims who are talking with the voices of the people who stole their credit cards.

I also don't like those cheesy 'having a baby changes everything' commercials from Johnson & Johnson. No, I don't hate kids, I have 3, and I'm a very Mommy type, but I still think they're cheesy and could actually scare some people off from having kids.

U2Kitten said:
I have never seen the Quiznos things :huh:

The coolest fast food gimmick ever was the Taco Bell doggie. He was cute and funny.

Hey, drop the Chalupa!

Several years ago, I interviewed the guy who came up with that gimmick....I learned that he was also the brains behind the Energizer Bunny! :yes:

Mr. BAW said:

Several years ago, I interviewed the guy who came up with that gimmick....I learned that he was also the brains behind the Energizer Bunny! :yes:

Say what?? My cousin Andrea, who sadly passed away in March :sad: told us years ago that she and her firm in Atlanta were the ones who came up with the ideas for the Energizer Bunny campaign, and it was their biggest success. :shrug:

JessicaAnn said:
I love those Citibank (I think) commercials about the identity theft protection ... the ones with identity theft victims who are talking with the voices of the people who stole their credit cards.

Bwahahaha! Yes!

"I know it's wrong, but, I just don't care! I'm going to be the prettiest girl in the whole development!..."

One of the Profs at my school told our business class that he was the first to advertise records/tapes/CDs on TV...those ads where the song titles scroll by and bits of songs play.

Back
Top Bottom