i had to help a meathead set up a hotmail account...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
i was in Ft. Lauderdale on Tuesday night for work and needed to run up to kinko's for some last min print jobs. so i was sitting at a computer with a client file out at around 11PM typing some last min information for a meeting. i was minding my own business however i must have had a sign on my back that said "please bother me with stupid questions, because i have nothing better to do!!" :angry:

so what happends, a big dumb ass who looked like a professional wrestler walks over to me and taps me on the shoulder and asked me "do you know what hotmail is?" mind you there were at least 10 people and 2 kinko employees available that he could have bothered, but no he picked me :angry:

anyway so, i of course being the nice soul that i am said yes and he asked me to help him set up a hotmail account. this guy was a big idiot, he was in his early 30's and had never used a computer, let alone the internet. :| this made for a very annoying evening. i had to teach him the workings of hotmail and how to attach a picture. so i did a quick crash course and I was ready to leave so i started to gather my things and walk off he looks up at me and said "uh, where are you going! you can't leave me!"

so i sighed and said "ok, what else do you need help with?" i helped him for 2 more mins. and got so annoyed that i typed the damn email for him and hit send and signed him out of his account and said with a bitch tone "look, i dont really have time for this i have to go, your email is done and has been sent and now you are signed out!" :lol:
he then asked "wow, how do you know how to do this!?" me: :der: :huh: :| "i have been online for years, i learned about this about 10 years ago in college."

i have no idea why people are always coming up to me and asking me to help them. :scream:

Last edited:
You sound like I did in my journal this morning....People just assume I somehow magically have answers to everything. They must be able to sense a helpful person from a mile away.
Like when I'm in any store...people just think I work there and ask me questions...how the hell am I supposed to know :rant: at my last job I was the only one who knew anything about computers so my boss calls me at 1:30 am because his home computer crashed and I was the only one he could call :der:

oops...sorry I went off there a bit didn't I....sorry

:hmm: big, dumb ass pro wrestler types...

I think its because you watch auto racing and drink beer from a keg :lmao:

I'm kidding Iris :reject: Its probably because you look smart and approachable. I bet I spelled that wrong, didn't I?

That reminds me of one time when I was in Subway. There was an old man in line, and he grabbed my arm and yelled, "What does the 'B' in 'BLT' stand for??" Okay...first off, why ask me when I don't work here. Secondly, who the hell DOESN'T know what the 'B' in 'BLT' stands for??? :der: I told him it was blood.

:lol: i swear this guy was annoying though. he kept asking me questions like "why do i need to set the time zone?" "do i need to include my birthdate?" "should i make my account public?"

i felt like yelling "look fuck head, i really don't care what you do just answer the fucking questions"

however, i said "you don't have to be honest make something up. they don't care!"

:mad:

i think he was drawn to me because i was in my workout clothing. :shrug:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
[Bi felt like yelling "look fuck head, i really don't care what you do just answer the fucking questions"

[/B]

:lol:

I've always wanted to say something like that to someone just to see the look on their face :macdevil:

:lol: they would probably start crying. ;)

speaking of crying...my manager and I met with these 3 big brokers from a major bank on Tuesday and there was one guy who was nervous talking to us. :lol: we think that since my manger and i are females it freaked him out. his voice was shaking and his eyes were watering up when he would talk to us!!!! :lmao: he was very attractive but very young so i think he was uncomfortable with the meeting. we nicknamed him Doogie Howser. :der: he however asked me if i would be coming down to Ft Lauderdale and would be the person assigned to his accounts. of course i will be, so :hmm: :flirt: hahaha! *cough* :uhoh:

Last edited:
That is so funny. It's amazing how frustrating people get that know the ins and outs of computers.. to have to explain them to someone that knows absolutely nothing!

Was this guy named Dave? :der: :tongue:

I have to deal with those meatheads all the time, EVERY DAY :banghead: :scream:

I work at Kinko's :ohmy: :silent:

:uhoh: :combust:

i have a question. maybe it's just the location by my house, but what is the purpose of all those copiers behind the counter? i mean, when i wait in line to ask about using the copier, they just point me in a direction. i want them to do it for me. :mad:

KhanadaRhodes said:
i have a question. maybe it's just the location by my house, but what is the purpose of all those copiers behind the counter? i mean, when i wait in line to ask about using the copier, they just point me in a direction. i want them to do it for me. :mad:

the copiers behind the counter are usually used for larger jobs...they should be able to do the copying for you, but it often times would take longer than it would for you to do it yourself...they usually have a person working in the express area (the do it yourself area) to help if you have questions or problems or to assist you getting started...at least the way it's *supposed* to work

:hug:

Sicy said:
ABEL I thought you did graphic design or something? :scratch:

I do...I work in the computer department...I design people's business cards, flyers, logos, presentations, brochures, etc...but from time to time I get called out to help people on the self serve computers cuz I'm the only computer person :crack:

there was this time i needed 15,000,000,000 copies of 15 different receipts and they made me do it myself...

how did you know i was joking?! :laugh: but good point. but they try to make me do complicated stuff like double sided copying myself. :mad: i don't know how. :der:

would you believe that I've worked for kinko's for 9 years? :crack: :crazy:

Last edited:
you are lucky, mvd75, that you only had to do this once. i have to help people figure out their e mail AT LEAST once a day. i work at a library with free public internet access...this one woman came to me and wanted to e mail her soon-to-be-ex that she wanted the divorce papers signed, but she was terrified that he would know where she was if she mailed him from the library. i kept insisting that she was perfectly safe, but she could not be convinced...:coocoo:

Back
Top Bottom