I had sex with an 18 year old....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RademR

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
and I'm 24, do you think that's too young? My friends hook up with younger girls, and I dont have a problem with it (as long as their legal). But I usually never do, I just feel like I'm too old and when it comes to a relationship, I usually date women 21 or older, just because of the age and maturity differences. But this was a situation after a long night of drinking and I can go out on a limb and say it wont lead to a relationsip...so I ask, do you think that was a little too young?

the real question is ... did you think about that before being with her?

I mean, I don't know why are you asking us if you did right or wrong. you say that you have your own values and you can evaluate your own acts according to that.

technically you didn't do anything illegal but you have the final word about that episode. things would be different if you forced her or take advantage of her (in that case it wouldn't be just your values but society values too).

I know that you won't feel better with this words, but can't judge you, I can't say "you are a freak!! " or "don't worry", you are the only one who can decide about your acts.

dont get me wrong, im not losing any sleep over it. Just used to being with women my age or older (have a thing for older women). So its kind of new territory. :up:

RademR said:
dont get me wrong, im not losing any sleep over it. Just used to being with women my age or older (have a thing for older women). So its kind of new territory. :up:

dont worry then... :)

I was like " .... and??" when i read this thread, cuz i couldn't see the problem (from my point of view).

now I get your point (i think). as long as you respect yourself and other people there's nothing to worry about :shrug:

There was enough of a concern to start a thread about the experience. You note both her age and drinking were involved. Are you concerned that she wasn't fully cognizant when she slept with you?

Well you said yourself that you don't plan on any type of relationship with her....keep in mind that she is younger and likely more naive...I guess it all matters on how you handle the situation. If you blow her off and act like nothing ever happened, then I'd say shame on you, regardless of the age diffference.

OK, it's not too young, but the fact that FIRST you have sex with her and THEN decide to contemplate whether or not the relationship will work because of age differences is rather disturbing to me.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
OK, it's not too young, but the fact that FIRST you have sex with her and THEN decide to contemplate whether or not the relationship will work because of age differences is rather disturbing to me.

I met her at a club, and I hooked up with her that night. So through the course of our conversation, her age never came up. You got to be 18 and up to get in, so I never asked. I found out yesterday night after I talked to her. I'm not contemplating a relationship with her.

Last edited:
Well, I guess that's the nature of extremely casual sex :shrug: What if someone let her in the club and she was only 16? Your ass could be in the slammer.

RademR said:

I met her at a club, and I hooked up with her that night. So through the course of our conversation, her age never came up. You got to be 18 and up to get in, so I never asked. I found out yesterday night after I talked to her. I'm not contemplating a relationship with her.

I've got 2 words for ya-ROB LOWE.

:ohmy:

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
No, I think age doesn´t matter.

like the username, I wanted to be "LastoftheRockStars" but I was an idiot and went with my last name, first name abbreviated.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
No, I think age doesn´t matter.

I agree to a point...I don't think one at 18 nessacarily has had much experience outside of high school with quote unquote the real world....I know everything was legal and therefore "kosher", I just don't understand why you'd be that intimate with someone you never plan on seeing again. :shrug: I'm not judging, I realize I'm the wierdo of this argument probably...

Headache in a Suitcase said:
by all means... go to town.

icon37.gif

If both of you were 24 and hooked up after drinking in a club, your relationship probably wouldn't work. The age difference is only incedental.

This Zoo confessional sounds like it's more about the one nighter than it is about the age differences between you. Say your "bless me father for I have sinned" and hail marys and be on your way young man, hopefully wiser for the experience.

My recollection of the realatively few one nighters I had in my youth were kind of like drug scores, you jones for it, it feels good while your on them and then you feel like shit in the morning. I'm relieved to have both of them behind me now.

I live in the N.Va burbs of DC, what clubs are you horny young kids going to these days? Just curious, I rarely go downtown anymore.

RademR said:
You got to be 18 and up to get in, so I never asked. I

you've got to be 21 or over to get into the bar down the block from me, but i've been going there since i was 16. :shrug: ya got lucky that she was, indeed 18.

which brings up a question my friends and i always ask (because we're scum bags :shrug: who knows why we think of this stuff)...

if you're in a club and the girl used a fake ID to get in saying that she's 18, and you even see her fake ID that says she's 18, and you sleep with her and she turns out to be underage... are you at fault?

if you're in a club and the girl used a fake ID to get in saying that she's 18, and you even see her fake ID that says she's 18, and you sleep with her and she turns out to be underage... are you at fault?

Statutory rape is a strict liability law. You have sex with a minor, you are guilty. No showing of proof required. Fraud by the minor is not a defense.

I think so. Under 18 not admitted.

OnFire said:

I live in the N.Va burbs of DC, what clubs are you horny young kids going to these days? Just curious, I rarely go downtown anymore.

I usually hang around the 21 and up spots, this was an exception. Theres too much other bullshit going on in those places. You've probably heard of Adams Morgan, on 18th street, a whole street of bars, those are good almost everynight. But on the weekend, there are a few really good clubs and lounges in DC. Of course, Dream, the biggest club in DC (like 5 floors). My favorite is H20, a newer club on the waterfront. Also big.

Where do you live in nva? I'm in Fairfax.

RademR said:

Where do you live in nva? I'm in Fairfax.

I'm in Herndon, just down the road from the Reston town center. Adams morgan is fun, haven't been to those other places you mentioned. It's not just the girls you gotta watch out for, those new dwi rules are brutal if you drive downtown.

Going to the town center today for happy hour, McCormick and Scmicks. Anyway, very true about the DWI thing. Though I never drink and drive, it's always good to have a few friends who hate alcohol. :wink:

Well I used to get into 21 and over clubs when I was 14 because of my cousin owning the club...so you should always ask

But that age difference isn't that big...especially if she's 18 she's an adult.

amazing how primative we truly are.

not putting you down or anything, but it's unreal how sex totally dominates us.

Back
Top Bottom