I had lunch with a man in a Speedo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BAW

The Flower
and it was NOT pleasant :no: Big sunburned tummy, pale skinny legs...

My husband and I went to a baby shower/BBQ on Saturday at the home of my husband's brother. My bro-in-law is a retired cop and every summer, he hosts 2 or 3 London cops for a few weeks and this year, he has 2 members of Scotland Yard staying with him.

We walked into the backyard where everyone was dressed in casual summer clothes, except for Inspector Bob...who was dressed in a VERY small speedo swimsuit. To say I was shocked is an understatement and my 11 year old neice couldn't even walk outside without laughing. He was SO comfortable that he even ate lunch that way. I had such a hard time looking at my food, I made an excuse and moved to another table. After lunch, he layed back in a chaise lounge and fell asleep...snoring and all!

I know this is quite common swimwear in Britain and Europe but keep in mind that no one else was swimming or even wearing a bathing suit.

Other than the speedo, he was a great guy and we had a lot of fun comparing British and American slang. He went to an Angel's baseball game and told us he got there in the 4th inning, and he was dissapointed that he missed the first "whack off" :lol:

In my humble opinion, unless you're built like Larry or the late JFK Jr :( , you should probably avoid Speedos, especially very small ones ,and at a BBQ/baby shower no less :scratch:

We have no sun in UK or Ireland- we are all really white :scream: when the sun comes out my sister said i blind her because the sun reflects off my white arms :scream:....speedos are quite common too..i thought what he did was pretty normal if he was just outside for a B.B.Q...:huh:

OK...I've just read a post that began with "A man in a Speedo", and ended with "the first whack off"...I think I'm going to have to go to a strip joint during lunch just to get things back in proper balance.:no:

Lara Mullen said:
We have no sun in UK or Ireland- we are all really white :scream:

*sulks*
I think some other country is getting all the sunshine and hot weather that we in the UK really deserve :( I wanna go on holiday/vacation somewhere hot and sunny :up:

FizzingWhizzbees said:

*sulks*
I think some other country is getting all the sunshine and hot weather that we in the UK really deserve :( I wanna go on holiday/vacation somewhere hot and sunny :up:

We have rain and floods and storms and torrential rain and then a wee bit of sun and then more rain....it changes so much....i wanna have a tan and not be a white freckly armed person *freckles shudder* I need to overcome my fear of flying and step on a plane- then i could go somewhere warm OR use fake tan that stuff is gonna save my life in November for my formal :D

i love this smiley.

I'm white and freckly too, Lara. I can sympathize with you. I couldn't even tan if I tried!! I just burn and freckle. :(

Re: i love this smiley.

meegannie said:
I'm white and freckly too, Lara. I can sympathize with you. I couldn't even tan if I tried!! I just burn and freckle. :(

I was out in the sun last year with my friend- he used to live i africa and hes as brown as a berry- and i had my TOTAL SUNBLOCK on and sat under an umbrella my arms poked out he got this nice tan and i turned this shocking pink colour and couldnt bend my arms i even burnt through my black socks LMFAO the next day i was white again- he tells everyone this story! :(

Lara Mullen said:
We have no sun in UK or Ireland- we are all really white :scream: when the sun comes out my sister said i blind her because the sun reflects off my white arms :scream:....speedos are quite common too..i thought what he did was pretty normal if he was just outside for a B.B.Q...:huh:

I'm whiter than white too so I understand!

As far as the Speedo, I know it wouldn't be a problem most places outside of the US but its not common here at all, especially at a BBQ. Most men dress conservatively at the beach and around the pool, usually in loose swim shorts. I guess we're a little uptight here in the US!

The only thing I can compare it to is maybe a woman walking around a party in Ireland or the UK in a thong bathing suit when everyone else is wearing shorts and summer dresses!

By the way, I hope I haven't offended any of my European friends with this thread.

LOL Charlene, I would had been like your niece!:lol:
Did Bob visit Raging Waters?
We saw a man in a speedo there, I hope he stayed covered on the way down from those big slides!
I occasionally see men in speedos, at the beach and sometimes at our community pool, it's never a pretty sight.:no:

Bono's American Wife said:

I'm whiter than white too so I understand!

As far as the Speedo, I know it wouldn't be a problem most places outside of the US but its not common here at all, especially at a BBQ. Most men dress conservatively at the beach and around the pool, usually in loose swim shorts. I guess we're a little uptight here in the US!

The only thing I can compare it to is maybe a woman walking around a party in Ireland or the UK in a thong bathing suit when everyone else is wearing shorts and summer dresses!

By the way, I hope I haven't offended any of my European friends with this thread.

i have taken no offense at this thread- i found it amusing how ppl dont just relax at B.B.Q.'s we are slobs- well i wouldnt wear a thong bathing suit- im quite conservative :)

Back
Top Bottom