I got carded tonight!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BAW

The Flower
What's the big deal you ask? I'm 36 years old, that's the big deal :D

I wish to thank my handsome and very charming server, Rich, at Buca Di Bepo in Scottsdale, AZ not only for the great serivce but also asking me for my ID, something that hasn't happened to me in 10 YEARS!

If I only had a camera with me...the look on my face was priceless :uhoh:

:hmm: I just read another thread, it must be old, I thought you were glued to your computer in you hotel room???? you ventured out then I take it???

One time, during my brieft stint of working at 7-Eleven, I carded a woman who was in her 40's!!!! :der: :reject: She said I made her night though!

hehe, i get people who tell me i look much younger than i am. im 31 and i still get carded for buying beer.

i get carded at the movies cos they think i'm a 12 year old boy when my hair is short and i'm wearing a big bulky coat...

stoopid cinema workers

i'm not sure what would happen if i was carded for trying to buy beer cos i'm not 21 yet...

bad things would probably happen :ohmy:

they wouldn't run me out of town on a rail for trying to buy the beer in the first place?

you mean it wouldn't be seen as MY fault?

not like i'm actually going to go TRY this or anything...

No...They would probably just understand that you're a kid trying to get away with something....but there's no harm done because they didn't sell it to you.

I think most kids have tried it before, some more successful than others. I remember trying it..and failing miserably because I looked like I was 12 until I was about 22 (then I looked 16).

When I worked at 7-Eleven, I had a few incidents with underage people trying to buy alcohol or people of age tried to pull a fast one on me and buy it for minors. I really got into it with this one guy...I KNEW he was buying for people...he was SUCH a moron...:coocoo:

The store ran a program to make sure we checked for ID's, and they had "secret shoppers" come in to buy alcohol to see if we'd card them. It happened to me once, and since I carded her, I got $20...instead of our store getting a $200 fine.

Last edited:
just do what i did. i wanted to try something, so i asked my mom. we were there anyway to buy wine for a dish i was making (honestly! that dry ass wine tastes nasty.) so i asked if i could try something. we walked around while i asked her what she thought i'd like. she was quite the lush - j/k!

so she said brandy is pretty good. i saw the cherry brandy and was like ooh can i add this to soda? i love cherry coke. so i saw there was a wee recipe on the back for it so she bought it for me. i gave her the money afterwards.

i used to know this creepy dude who lived at the hotel i worked at. it was like i'd say 2-3 miles from this same liquor store but he'd walk there all the time. not a big deal really until you factor in that he's schizo, literally. i know that people on psych meds shouldn't be mixing the sauce with that kinda stuff. my dad's on anti-seizure pills and absolutely can't have any alcohol. my mom's on strong pain pills right now so she can't either. so i've been all alone in my drunkenness. :( my husband is afraid to drink cuz of the number it did on him last time. i try to tell him chocolate liquor is different from brandy. i was tempted to buy the liquor to tease him.

i will consider buying him the cappuccino one to sneak it in his mocha chillers except i know that'd be way too mean.

Now I'm thinking about 7-Eleven and how much that job sucked ass. I quit after 2 months. It was right by these two bars, and I worked 2nd shift by myself. Drunk guys would always come over for cigarettes and to ask me out once my shift was done. :barf: One night, this guy just stood outside the window and stared at me...just kept staring at me. :der:

my mom would never let me try wine or anyhting...i think it has a lot to do with my sister and her friends getting drunk in the parking lot of the mall when they were in ninth grade...

my mom would freak out if i told her i went to see a band play and got there after it was standing room only, and was sent to hang out at the bar until the show started (and then i could stand near the sound guy's table)...she'd freak if she knew that some guy standing behind me coughed and spit guinness on the bakc of my shirt and then offered to by me a pint...which i didn't get cos the first thing out of my mouth was "i'm not old enough to drink"...

daisybean said:
Here, the cops send underage kids trying to buy alcohol and cigs. If you sell it to them, you immediately go to jail.
that reminds me of the scene in clerks, if either of you have seen that movie.

now i miss 7-11. :( like everything else good in the world, they went out of business here right before we moved.

no 7-11. no slurpees. no dunkin donuts. no friendly's. i'm dying here! i can only live on other gas stations' pathetic attempts at a frozen coca-cola slush, krispy kreme doughnuts, and the fact that NO ONE CAN TOUCH FRIENDLY'S I MISS THE HAPPY ENDING *cries*

:crack:

daisybean said:
I miss Friendly's too...the ones around here all went out of business a few years ago.
hehe, i would always get the same thing. the hot dog and fries with milk to drink (i'm soooo responsible, actually it's just cuz i don't like to drink coke all the time), with a happy ending for dessert. i've gotten that ever since i was a little girl. i remember going there to eat after my ballet recital and getting that exact thing.

my best friend and i would always sit and wait, hoping the waitress would forget to ask us if we wanted an appetizer, so we'd get one for free. :laugh: i swear sometimes they did just so we could freak out and get free cheesesticks.

i need to move either up north or back to florida. either one is fine, they both offer all i need: beaches, slurpees, doughnuts, friendly's, oh and chick-fil-a.

i ordered fish and chips once at friendly's and they gave me chicken tenders...morons...

no, wait, i think that was applebee's...

IWasBored said:
i ordered fish and chips once at friendly's and they gave me chicken tenders...morons...

no, wait, i think that was applebee's...
:laugh:

ooh i forgot about applebees. we have one so close to our house. it's a shame the entire family is sick to death of them since we went way too much for a while there. but how can you confuse the two?

OH WAIT one time that happened to me somewhere too. i can't remember where it was, but it wasn't either of those. i thought the breading looked a little weird. thank god i like chicken! :madspit:

i'm a vegetarian, but i eat fish and dairy, so i was pretty pissed off...i didn't actually EAT the chicken, i kind of skewered it on my knife and said "this is chicken, i didn't order chicken"

:laugh: i honestly don't know how you could confuse the two. raw, they look different. cooked, they look different. they even use different breadings! :no:

i'm practically a vegetarian, in the sense that i hardly eat red meat. i love fish and would probably consider it my favourite food, but i just get chicken more places because it's more widely available. i could never live without dairy. i love milk too much. and cheese? no more macaroni and cheese, no more casseroles! :laugh:

actually, i'd say my favourite food is french fries. ugh. :D

fish and chips is one of the few things they have at the dinning halls here that is actually GOOD. that and portabella mushroom stuff...THOSE are my favourite food

:drool: portabella mushroom sandwich

i wanted fish and chips for dinner tonight but they had some other funky fish thing, and it wasn't edible :(

pasta!!!!!!!!! pasta requires mucho motozerella cheese :)

when i was home over winter break my family ate a lot of pasta, cos i was the only one without work or school, so i got stuck with cooking a lot, and it's pretty much the only thing i can make. pasta, pancakes, scambled eggs, and we had veggie burgers a few times too...

i mess up casseroles...don't ask me how...it just HAPPENZ

mmm i love fish and chips. there's an irish pub downtown that makes the best fish and chips. it's cool too cuz they really create an irish atmosphere, they only play irish music. when they're not playing the traditional stuff, they play more contemporary stuff like U2 and the cranberries - entire albums! i went once and they were playing the joshua tree (they were at rtss i think), and then they started up with the cranberries' everybody else...

anyway, i too have been stuck with the cooking duties now that i'm not in school and still unemployed. i've been making stuff from scratch because i feel like i might as well. i've made chicken vino bianco, chicken noodle soup, and this delicious casserole that's italian/mexican. ground meat, whatever kind, tomatoes, onions, peppers, corn... :drool: i've become a better cook somehow through all this.

luckily i've been able to always ask my mom for help with stuff, like when i need to ask her what the hell strain the stock means. :laugh: so i guess the best advice i can give for cooking is to make sure you can ask someone who knows stuff, if not in person, at least to call them and ask them what setting on the stove is simmer.

btw sicy, to be honest, you look more like someone who i'd expect to see roaming the halls of a college campus, so i can see why you get carded. :D

you're 30?!? from the pics you posted i wouldn't have ever guessed you were that old

irish music irish music irish music!!!

yes, that's a current obsession of mine...not just u2 of course...folk-y stuff, irish and irish-influenced punk rock...

it's going to take a crobar to pry the pogues' cd out of my cd player

arw9797 said:
:hmm: I just read another thread, it must be old, I thought you were glued to your computer in you hotel room???? you ventured out then I take it???

:hmm: sarcasm eh...I like your style :up: :lol:

actually I was glued to the internet until my big mean husband reminded me that this road trip was my idea and I could be at home browsing Interference for free. Then he ripped the keyboard out of my hands and forced me to go out and have dinner...but he's out playing golf right now and look what I'm doing :sexywink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom