I gave away my poetry notebook! GAH!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
Here's what happened: I started seeing a new guy, and I'm pretty into him. We had a fabulous date on Thursday, after which he gave me his poetry notebook to read. I was so incredibly touched by the gesture, and had had such an awesome time on the date. We agreed to meet again tonight.

I met him at a local cafe, where there was a band playing he wanted to see. First, he had brought 2 of his friends. (Sigh.) Okay, guys do that, so I didn't let on that I was a tad annoyed, introduced myself to his friends and chatted with them, and was generally proud of myself for not being a bitch about it. Then he tells me he has to leave early because one of his friends drove, which...okay, I'm all right with that. But we weren't going to really have a chance to hang out with just each other, which made me a bit upset, but again, I didn't let on.

We talked for a few minutes alone, and I said I liked his poems (truth) and that they were great (partially the truth) and reassured him that I was cool with the evening's situation (lie). I was also a little concerned that he wasn't as affectionate with me tonight, but I chalked it up to his friends being present. He seemed really happy, though, and said he wanted to get together sometime next week--say, Tuesday, because that sounded good for both of us.

Okay. So--I have no idea what I was thinking--I gave him my notebook. Some of you may remember my brief interest in a considerably older gentleman who worked at my school? Those poems are in there. You may also remember my long, painful attachment to an old friend of mine who lives far away? Also in there. As well as poems about what a pathetic loser I am, underwear, asking guys out, lists of books I've read...the potential for embarrassment is horrible. This is compounded by the fact that poetry is what I *do*, really, and even one day without my notebook makes me miserable, and now I won't see him for at least three days.

GAHHHHH.

I really, really like this one too, and I'm afraid my poems will scare him off.

At this point, "all right" could equal my notebook not ending up at the bottom of a river and I'd be happy. :)

Thanks, KR.

Yikes pax
well if he felt comfortable enough to share his with you, then he's probably not the sort of guy thats going to come laughing in your face or anything.
i cant even imagine many guys feeling comfortable enough wanting to share poetry they've written. its pretty special when they do, so i'd take that as a good sign.
These things are always far more stressful in our minds than they really are.

what the cowgirl said paxetaurora. I really hope it works out, I think it will.
him sharing his poetry with you would be a pretty strange fluke. Good luck :)

Pax you are braver then I would ever be.....I would never ever share my journals with anyone.

I don't think he is going to think any less of you for the stuff you wrote in there. If anything he'll think more of you for having the confidence to open yourself up like that to him.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Everything will be OK. If he's as great a guy as he seems to be, your poems aren't going to scare him away. If they do, well, he isn't good enough for you!

Well, Khan, unfortunately I got The Speech. The one that starts, "You're a really great girl, but..."

I'm sure you can fill in the rest.

Though, as Chris Martin says, everything's not lost. I did get the notebook back.

Back
Top Bottom