I felt like a :reject: today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
I was at Long John Silvers buying my lunch...I forget what the total was, but it was something like $6.04, cuz the cashier asks me if I have 4 cents. I said no, cuz I was in a hurry and didn't feel like digging through my messy purse trying to find 4 cents. I had given her a $10 dollar bill so she could just give me the change.

A sweet older lady who looked like she could be someone's grandma :heart: was ahead of me in line and had just paid, she still had her purse open, and said "oh, let me get it, I've got 4 cents for her" as she looks at the cashier. She opens her coin purse and can only find 2 pennies, and she handed the cashier the two pennies, and the cashier finally said never mind about the other 2 pennies.

If I had looked a little harder in the bottom of my purse I probably could have found the 4 cents :silent:

:reject:

What BAW said. That's like something that would happen to me and I'd be too shy to do anything but thank the other person. :hug:

And atop of that they even forgot to give you your extra tartar sauce? :lol: Don't worry about it Abel, I'm sure they'd already forgotten about it. I felt the same way about those stupid Ralphs Club Cards. Why can't they just friggen lower all prices and not piddle around with those darn cards??

that happens to me all the time:silent::lol: i end up giving them a 10 or 20 and they always gotta ask me for a measly penny or 2. its kinda annoying because i count everything in my change purse. if i had change i'd give it. but i dont so...they can make the change:angry:

Cleasai said:
And atop of that they even forgot to give you your extra tartar sauce?

they didn't forget to give me my extra tartar sauce, they wanted to charge me for it!!!!!!! :angry: :mad: :angry: :mad: :angry: :mad:

Abel, you silly goose! You are no reject! :hug: That was happens to me all the time.. but the cashier always say "forget about it" even when I'm diggin' in my purse! :)

:cute: the old lady with the change:cute:
You gotta love them older ladies...what a sweet one!! Okay...I know they can get bitchy when they're older...god knows I've met a few cranks here and there...but you got a lovely one:heart:
And you're not a reject.:hug:

Mrs. Vedder said:
Abel, you silly goose! You are no reject! :hug: That was happens to me all the time.. but the cashier always say "forget about it" even when I'm diggin' in my purse! :)

:hug:

yeah usually they just "say forget about it" for 4 pennies, but this cashier stood there practically holding her hand out while the little old lady searched through her coin purse, and said "oh I thought I had it, I only have 2 pennies" and finally said never mind about the 2 pennies. :rolleyes:

The cashier is the reject, well not really, there are no rejects in this story. We got rid of one and two cent pieces quite a while back now, and at the time, people whinged and called the gov't names and there was a revolution in the streets and people rampaged and set fire to public places and women burned their bras and men...well, ok that didn't really happen, but now we all look back and kinda think, whats the point of 1c and 2c anyway? Its kinda annoying cos retailers still charge prices with the 1c and 2c totals, like $9.99. Its law to round up or down to the nearest 5 cents. Nationally, the extra 'free' money companies can make is probably quite high.

Why am I sidetracking so much?

Sorry ABEL!
:wave:

hey you are no reject

the silly girl on the checkout is cos she obviously cant do her job properly if she cant be arsed to count large amounts of change

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom