I fell numb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do Miss America

War Child
The title says it all. I'm not exactly depressed. I'm not happy, I'm not sad, but I'm just unmotivated. I find it hard to wake up in the mornings. Once I get up, I'm slow to move and get going. I've never been like this. I can't focus. My mind is flooded with ideas and thoughts but none of them stay long enough to become anything.

What am I to do?:|

I feel that way often-if I could help myself I could give you better advice. I wish I could say I've never been like that, so I'm not the person to give you advice.

Some things that help me though-walking, any hobby I like (for instance photography), just doing any small activity that's different from the normal everyday routine. Or just start one small project you've been putting off, like cleaning a closet or something :wink: some day maybe I'll get to that..

write down your ideas. maybe something will get you excited enough and give you some inspiration. you may have too much going on in your life at the moment , do you feel buried at work or stuck in a rut with a situation? if so, try to pick out the important parts and concentrate on those. sometimes you just have to let go of stuff.

Do Miss America said:
I find it hard to wake up in the mornings.

If I could wake up on self-command, I'd be a bloody happy man...

I know how you feel though, could a person of the opposite sex be involved??

Do Miss America said:
The title says it all. I'm not exactly depressed. I'm not happy, I'm not sad, but I'm just unmotivated. I find it hard to wake up in the mornings. Once I get up, I'm slow to move and get going. I've never been like this. I can't focus. My mind is flooded with ideas and thoughts but none of them stay long enough to become anything.

What am I to do?:|

when you ghet out of that state, let me know how it is

Too many times I've been there.
And like right now, I can't even tell if I'm there or not

For me, though, I know I'm a live:
A heart that hurts is a heart that beats

But that is separate fromthe numbness....

lol

It's hard for me, though, because I know just what I should be doing, but, it doesn't happen. It's like I'm doing the work, because i'm thinking about it, but, since I'm not actually doing it, I don't get it done. It's so odd...

i feel the exact same way. there are days where im happy, days that i'm sad but mostly i'm indifferent which really sucks cause what are you suppose to do with that.

i wish i could change things and make a shift in my emotions for longer than a day or 2 but i don't know how. i wish i could be more help but i don't know what to tell you or myself for that matter.

good luck and hopefully things will get better for you.

Back
Top Bottom