i feel horrible....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sweet Tart

Refugee
i'm having a real ugly day today. actually to be honest it's been an ugly week.

i recently got a digital camera so i've been fooling around with it trying to figure out how it works so i've been taking pics of everything including some of myself and my bf. well needless to say they weren't pretty. i look at them and think "damn do i really look that bad?" and the answer i keep coming up with is a resounding yes. :sigh:

i never thought that the way i perceived my looks was different from what other people saw. but looking at pics of me i'm starting to think thats true. i look at pics of myself with friends and family and i can't believe i look like that....look that bad.

i can't seriously ask someone if i'm overexagerating cause i know they won't tell me the truth. who's going to honestly tell you that you aren't attractive.

i have never previously thought that i was ugly but now i can't seem to find one nice thing about my appearance. it's really starting to get to me. i don't know how to get out of this mindset.

:|

I'm sure you don't look bad. Looking different from other people isn't a bad thing at all, and I'm sure you're gorgeous. :)

That said, I'm the same way. I look at some of the pictures I've taken with my digital camera and I bear very little resemblance to what I see in the mirror. :(

:hug:

Sweet Tart said:

i never thought that the way i perceived my looks was different from what other people saw. but looking at pics of me i'm starting to think thats true. i look at pics of myself with friends and family and i can't believe i look like that....look that bad.

:|

I feel exactly like this every single time I see a picture of myself. :|

I'm not alot of help, am I?

Let us see :wave: :hug: I'm sure you look fine. After all, you have a boyfriend right? That's got to tell you something.

we're our own worst critic...we're always more critical of our own appearance and how we sound, etc....for instance, I hate the way my voice sounds which is why I don't use the intercom at work :laugh: ...but yet I talk to my co-workers all the time :crack:

I'm sure you look just fine, and ditto to what Sicy said

I always look like total crap in photographs....(I've broken many a camera :wink: )

Don't be so hard on yourself though, We are often our own worst enemies when in comes to our self image.

If you have the money and the time go to a professional photographer and have them take some nice pictures of you. :yes: it will make you feel worlds better.

I'm that way too, Sweet tart. I barely found 3 good enough pics of me to show here, and in 90 - 95% of the time I don't like the way I look on pics.

:reject:

That wasn't helping was it?

here ya go....my ugly mug from this christmas.

be kind. :lol:

Attachments

• 1234.jpg
    1234.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 52
I'm sure you look great, and please try not to be so hard on yourself.

It's tough enough being scrutinized by other people, or trying to live up to society's unrealistic standards. Modesty is a great and desirable quality, but not to the point where you beat yourself up about yourself or your looks. Of course there are things far more important than looks-there are many people who are considered good looking who are quite ugly inside.

And pictures definitely don't always flatter people.

I just looked at your pic. Of course you don't need anyone's opinion here to tell you, but look at you-you're so pretty. You have a face and skin like a younger Meryl Streep. I'd kill to have your skin-wow :) And I'd also love to be as thin as you are. You look great!

Last edited:
i suffer from the uglies all the time. sometimes i hate looking at pics of myself:sigh:

nice pic:)

That is a really pretty picture of you Sweet Tart. You have a look of radiance about you. Please don't be so hard on yourself. If you are having a bad week, like I think everyone else does, it will pass. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom