I don't want it to end...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
I have a month left of my freshman year of college...it's been the best time of my life. I think I'll go crazy spending 3 months at home...:yikes: If the freshman year goes by this quickly...the next 3 years will go by just as fast...I must make the most of it! Carpe diem!!!!

I can't believe it...but I :heart: school. I'm actually dreading summer vacation. :coocoo: Not to mention I finally developed a crush, just as we're having to leave in a month. If I'm feeling this way just after my freshman year...I can't imagine how I'll be as a senior. :sigh:

Did/does anyone else feel this way?

Don't worry, U2dem, by the time you're a senior you'll really want to get out of there, just because life is cyclical and you start feeling like you've outgrown the place. Plus you have such big plans for life that you'll be heading to your new adventure.

As for the summer - yeah, it's an adjustment, isn't it? Best advice I can give you is find yourself a full time job, save some money and try to travel at the end of it. I always did that when I was in my undergrad and it was great. Went to England one year at the end of August, went to the Mayan ruins in Mexico another year, to Cuba another year, etc. It's kind of a fun learning experience and also a treat for yourself.

I can relate U2dem. This year has been so much fun and I've finally made some really cool friends, but it's ending in 5-6 weeks:sad: I think one of my friends is transfering to the same college as me in the fall which will be AWESOME!!! I'm dreading summer as well.

Occasionally, I still miss college. :wink:

I stayed on campus every summer after my first and worked at a steak house. I still claim it was one of the best jobs I've ever had. Made good money and worked with a fun group.

haha you can be like me and continue to be a 31 yr old college student! :wink: However my life as a college student is quite different than when I was 18. It is more about the academics and has nothing to do with a social life on any level. My hours are pretty much crazy and I am pretty much limited for any free time.

We celebrated a birthday at our office today. A lab tech just turned 24. We all laughed and remembered how great life was in our early 20s and how while life is great the older you are, your priorities are very different.

Last edited:
Wow. :lol: I'm the exact opposite from you, u2dem. I can't wait to get out of this place. It has been one of the worst experiences of my life.

Yes I was kinda like that:yes: Sometimes I miss the college life now and I have been out for 5 years now.

By the time you are a senior you'll probably be ready for a life on your own...but until then have a great time:rockon:

U2democrat said:
I'm trying to get a job...hopefully with the senate campaign or some other race. Just something other than waitressing or in the mall PLEASE.

I love working full time in the summers because I love the routine - work 8-5 and have nights and weekends free. School ends mid-May and I typically tell my boss I'll start full time the first Monday in June, so that gives me about a week to relax after exams and maybe go camping with friends. Every summer for the past 65 years, my mom's side of the family rents a cottage on a lake and we go for one or two weeks. I always take these weeks off for my actual summer "vacation". Like you, I vowed I'd never get stuck waiting tables or behind a cash register, so I found a good job for my school that trains me in skills that actually relate to my field of study. If you really dread going home, I suggest staying where you are for the summer and seeing if there are any work or summer internship opportunities you can do through your school. Heck, you could even take a class or two to get them out of the way. For my degree, I'm required to take this marketing class that involves a HUGE project with a local company, so I took it last summer to give me time to focus on it and it worked out really well.

i have to say, I'm graduating in a few weeks, and the reality of it hasnt set in yet. I personally loved the whole college thing, though I didn't party or anything, I just enjoyed the atmosphere of it. I loved being away from home and being on my own too. Thats a huge adjustment you'll have to make...being home again. Best advice, if you dont get along with your folks, is to get a job and work your ass off. Then, like anitram said, go on some road trips.

Back
Top Bottom