I don't want Christmas or New year's to come!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrazilianFly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I love Christmas but I don't think I'm ready for it this time. :no: My grandma died in January of this year and I never spent one Christmas without her! This is going to be the first time for my sister and me and my mom is not feeling very well. It will be her first Christmas and first New Year's without her mother. It must be even tougher for her. I know it is, she cries a lot. We used to stay January and February on our beach house (it's vacation time here) and my grandma used to stay there all the way through those 2 months, she loved that place, it's absolutely empty without her and I know this summer is going to have a bad vibe to it all over. Fucking hell. :(

Plus I'm going to learn how to drive this January, I know I’m starting late but it was my own option. It's just that I see a car as a fucking gun, one mistake and you can kill a person! :yikes: I don't know if I trust myself behind a wheel but I gotta try and I need it. I know it's going to make my life a lot easier. I hate depending on people to do stuff. :mad:

Sorry about all the moaning, I kill myslef before things even happen. :sigh:

I don't feel ready for the holidays either. I never do because I don't handle holiday stress, or any other kind of stress, that well. This year I'm wiped out because I had the Year From Hell.
Sorry about the griping, I'll actually be very glad 2004 is over. I may dance on the ceiling on the first day of 2005. :wink:

Fly :hug:

I'm looking forward to the holidays themselves, but I'm leaving for Africa right afterwards and still have a lot of loose ends to to figure out. I'm still $500 short on tuition for the first semester, I have no money saved for the trip, and no way to pay rent and for school books when I get back since it will be a month of not working.

Fly

:hug:

It's always tough losing someone special. I lost my grandmother on Dec. 10, 1992, so that Christmas wasn't so great for me. I remember listening to the song "One" over and over. That got me through. Just remember to always be there for your mom. Give her support when she needs it.
As for the driving, good luck. I know you will do fine. Driving can be fun, but you have to remember that it's a huge responsibility and you should take it very seriously. But you will love it.

:hug: I know how you are feeling. When you lose a loved one the Holidays can be really tough. You don't fel like celebrating them at all. You just wish they would go away real quickly. Please take care of yourself.

:hug:

I hope you can find some joy in the holidays nonetheless. I'm also looking at a holiday that's going to be radically different from last year after breaking up with my fiance and having an uncle die in September, so I know a bit of what you're talking about.

And you're right about cars, too. :mad: Be careful out there! ;)

Back
Top Bottom