I don't think my family has normal funerals....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenStar

Refugee
Just recently I attended my Grandfather's funeral(hadnt seen him since I was like 6 and have almost no memory of him). You know how some people take pictures at funerals? Well, the police took the pics at this one. You see, my Grandfather (Old Al as everyone called him) was a biker. Well, he wasnt a biker technically. He rode his bike all of 35 feet in his life. But he was allowed to join a biker "gang" (for lack of a better word) because he would attend all of the events in a van. So at his funeral, 90% of the people there were bikers. They all rode up in harley's and had the leather, etc. Of course the police tried to get in to the funeral home but the people who owned it wouldnt let them. So after the funeral we all went to a pub (I could go I just couldnt by anything alcoholic). The police, of course followed us. They had this van in the parking lot (We were on the patio). They would take pics of all the license plates and all the people. After that, everyone went home exept for us family of him (About 8 people) to his house. We smoked a joint and went home.
So thats my family, bikers and drug users(Ocassional)
Great isin't it?

Um. Sorry to hear about your grandad Raven. Dont feel like a freak or anythig though, no family is normal and there is no right way to have a funeral I dont think. If it all went just how he would have liked it, then that is good enough. I hope it wasn't a terribly sad affair. A good celebration is how some people would prefer to be said goodbye with.
The police made it a very interesting story though...

I think your grandfather's funeral was very interesting... Nobody seemed to cry at all. That's great because when my father passed away there were no parties, pubs or black leather jacket men... Just this infinite sadness that I thought would never end. But, you know, as time goes by we start feeling better and suddenly it's usual to wake up and don't see this person... :sad:

Lucy.

I dont think anyone cried alot. We shared funny stories and such. No music. My uncle(Who was giving the ulogy) Drank a beer at the funeral. My grandfather alway drank Molsen Golden and when my uncle was about 7 he was sitting on my the Old Man's porch and the Old Man went in to answer the phone and when he came back the beer was empty!. So my uncle decided it would be appropriate to drink his last beer at the funeral. He said he drank the second the night before and the 3rd and 4th on sunday.

I went to my granny's funeral when i was 7 i can hardly remember it- one of my friends in school died last christmas after he was struck by a train and i never got to go because it was snowing too badly...:sad:

Don't worry my family is nuts!
I don't think there's anything wrong with celebrating death. Especially if you believe in heaven.
I want a party when I die with everyone going up and saying great things about my life.
No sadness allowed. Lots of candy.

I actually really enjoyed the funeral. My friends though it wa wierd when they asked me how it went and I said it was great! I want my funeral to be like this: alcohol, drugs, and a good time! Althought there wint be much left of my body when I die. I plan on donating my organs and everything else I can donate. Hey, it's not use to me if I'm dead so I might as well save a few lives while I'm at it(death).

Back
Top Bottom