I dont think i can make it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

girlhappy

War Child
I talk to again because i dont think i can take this shit any more.
How can you survive when someone you love the most dies?It is my granny. I dream about her every night, feel like i am frozen, i dont think i will overcome this loss. It is like someone could as well kill me. I dont believe in God any more. i dont have much comfort, our family is not that connected, i have lost the only person who was tender and loving. I know this is the cruel world, but when is enough enough???? How can i survive without no grace at all? It is like atomic bombs are falling all over me and i just have to take it. You know that...somebody dies and i cant see why or what for??????????????????????????????????I could scream right now like BOno does in Electric Co.

girlhappy,
no one can tell you anything to help now.
We are close to you in this terrible moment, and I really would like there was something I could say to make you feel better.

I met you around this forum some days ago, and I've already told you that I never had such a special relationship with my grandma.
Please, try to consider what you had like a special gift to you. I am sure yout grandma was a wonderful person and her loss has, of course, torn you.
But, please, do not let you go on bad thoughts.

Time won't leave you as you are.
But time won't take you away what you had with your grandma.

Always remember it.
Make treasure of what she gave to you.

I'd like we were closer so that I could come and visit you and offer a shoulder for you to lean on.

I know you're going through the worst time you ever had.
And I hope this period will help you be stronger and to face the days, one at the time.

Don't let your grandma have lived for nothing! Imagine what she would think if she was still alive and you were feeling like this? She would be heartbroken. You have so much potential to do good. Don't give up! Listen to the words of U2. Be strong.

As odd as it may seem...I sometimes cry, just worrying about the day I will have to deal with losing my father. He is in fine health and is relatively young...but things happen, and I am very scared to lose him because I simply can't imagine life without him. I turn to him for so much. I imagine I will feel much like you are feeling...and that there isn't much that can make you feel any differently.

Just remember that your grandma may have died...but she isn't gone.

I lost my grandpa when I was in kindergarten. I had been extremely close to him. I didn't really have friends in school at the time...I was mostly just picked on...so I really considered him my best friend. After he died, it was so weird. I guess I really didn't understand what was going on...just that I had to miss school to go to his funeral, and I wasn't gonna see him anymore. But I remember my parents saying that grandpa was always with me now. I remember during recess at school, I used to hide under the deck on the playground, and I would actually just sit there and talk to him...and I always felt better. That may sound hokey, but it's true.

Last edited:
Girlhappy, All the feelings that you are feeling are normal in this journey of grief. I know that I questioned everything, and your family not being close. Like I told you before my family did not even want to talk about my mother's death. There is a good book on Grief that help me. It's called "A Time To Grieve" by Carol Staudacher. I want you to know that I am here for you as you go through this difficult time. :hug:

Maggie (tiny dancer)

when my grandmother died it was very unexpected. She was the picture of hell. Until she got hooked up with a doctor who pushed nutritional supplements on her. And she deteriorated as a direct result of that. One day she was perfectly fine, the next day noone knew what hit her and before you know it she was gone.

Years later we went as a family to visit a "white" witch. She was well known in the area and had helped find many a missing person.

When I walked in the room, she saw right away someone hovering over me. And as she described the figure, it became obvious to me that it was my grandmother.

Even though they may leave this place, they really dont go too far away from you. They always stay with you and you will meet again, and when you do you will know she was there the whole time.

When you feel like talking to her, talkas much as you want, she will be listening. When you want to remember or recollect, remember, laugh, cry, get angry, but always know that she will never be far from you.

It'll all be ok.

You already have my best wishes and support, girlhappy. But...

...don't let grief define who you are...

For Honor said:
You already have my best wishes and support, girlhappy. But...

...don't let grief define who you are...

Yes...but don't try to force it away either. You have to let yourself feel what you're feeling, if that makes any sense. Don't think you're supposed to feel one way and feel even worse because that's not how you really feel. If you don't let yourself grieve properly (as in, completely, not like there's only one right way to do it), it will be much harder on you in the long term. Just take it one day at a time right now.

Focus on the wonderful image she left there, caress it like a beautiful scar that doesn´t hurt, but shine like the colours of her eyes, smell like the grace of her soul.................................
don´t lose your hope, don´t lose your faith, make it stronger instead, by wishing to see her again one day

You are so wonderful.Thank you so much. Each and every one of you has something precious to say. Tiny dancer, may i ask you....if its not too painful to you, how long did you suffer the most in your grief -period? I mean, i know, it is always hard, but i read somewhere there a e periods of grief and is it true that time heals....
Bonochick, that story about you and your grandpa is so sweet. Lynz,i was listening to words of u2 yesterday..actually songs from 79 like Another day, and early stuff and it helped me. I wanted to tell you all ...i wish i finally can tell you about something bright and not about suffering and pain. I feel like it i am some kind of cloud around here

You're not a cloud!
It's just a hard period for you, but everyone has got problems and hard times!!

And then "after the flood all the colours came out"

I am sure of this.. good times will come, and you'll appreciate them because you went through a very hard and painful experience!

It's been said over and over that "God doesn't give us more than we can handle". It's true. We don't often understand why or how things happen, they just do. So the other saying I like to quote is "Let go and let God" which is we cannot control things from happening sometimes, and we cannot change things, so may as well leave things be. No matter what we are dealt in our lives...misfortune, loss, death, breakups, accidents, disease, hunger....time has a habit of marching on. Today the sun will set and Tomorrow the sun will rise once again and so on. The best thing we can do is take care of ourselves. Talk to people or a counselor, a minister, a co worker, doctor or associate about your feelings and pamper yourself, allow yourself to cry and mourn, grieve and time will help you survive this period. One day you will look back and realize that what you endured however painful it helped mold another facet of you. Your Interference friends and family are here if you need to talk so please stay here with us if you feel the need to talk, don't go off by yourself. We are all thinking good positive thoughts that you will fidn the strength to get through this darkness, and you will. Take care, our friend. :heart:

Carek1230 said:
"God doesn't give us more than we can handle".

I have always believed this

Don't be afraid to have the confidence that you feel you have lost. It's already there. :hug:

You could say that God has given you a great oppertunity to grow and be stronger. Maybe, girlhappy, it's your destiny to go through these hard times, maybe you need this experience for the future, maybe it's some sort of a training, who knows. But it is rarely about the moment... Perhaps there is a way to develope some sort of hope for the future...

:hmm: as Dr Phil is saying on TV right now - you have to be your own best friend.

And as far as happiness and sadness, it is often 2 sides of the same coin. It's just about perspective.

You're not a cloud, either.

girlhappy said:
You are so wonderful.Thank you so much. Each and every one of you has something precious to say. Tiny dancer, may i ask you....if its not too painful to you, how long did you suffer the most in your grief -period? I mean, i know, it is always hard, but i read somewhere there a e periods of grief and is it true that time heals....
Bonochick, that story about you and your grandpa is so sweet. Lynz,i was listening to words of u2 yesterday..actually songs from 79 like Another day, and early stuff and it helped me. I wanted to tell you all ...i wish i finally can tell you about something bright and not about suffering and pain. I feel like it i am some kind of cloud around here

girlhappy, it took me over a year to really get over my mom's death. She was my best friend, and she aways stood behind me in everything. Like I said before everything that you are feeling is normal grief. My 2 older brothers had family to be with, but with me it was just mom and me, so I was totally alone since I am not married. Honey, I know how painful this is for you, and at times it all seems like a dream. Please don't be so hard on yourself, and yes time does heal. It's been 2 years now without my mom, and sometimes it feels just like yesterday that I was talking with her.
Like I said I am here for you. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom