I don't really care about the Olympics.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UberBeaver

Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
I feel like I should, but I don't. I liked the dude lighting the torch, but other than that, I have no interest. I watched some bits in a bar one night, and that's pretty much it. I feel so alone. Like a junkee living in a street with no accomplices. :sad:

The tags for this thread are cracking me up!

Sorry to be a killjoy, but the tags should be used seriously to help with organization, so I edited them.

As for the topic, I've probably only watched about 15 minutes of the Olympics. :reject:

I started slow. Didn't watch the opening ceremony. Missed the first couple of days. But now I'm watching almost everyday! :drool:

I feel like I should, but I don't. I liked the dude lighting the torch, but other than that, I have no interest. I watched some bits in a bar one night, and that's pretty much it. I feel so alone. Like a junkee living in a street with no accomplices. :sad:

Well, Michael, you're a fucking douchebag. So, that sort of explains that, no?

Why not let everyone know what you're doing instead of watching the Olympics? Tell everyone about how the rehab is going.

Rehab is for quitters. A pot smoker at the Springsteen show had a shirt that said so. And he was pretty old. And old people are wise, right? I think I'll take his shirt at face value and totally accept it.

same here. except for the whole "junkee" part. because i don't have a problem, i can quit whenever i want.

Looks like someone just won the GOLD in KILLJOY!

called for? i don't think so. i can see why you don't like the olympics...you don't have a nice spirit.

I love them. all the heartwarming stories and stuff. triumph over adversity (not you lolo) etc. I get very mushy during olympic season.

I absolutely hate the nationalism, flag waving and anthem singing. It's a good thing we suck at almost everything so I can still watch it. :D

called for? i don't think so. i can see why you don't like the olympics...you don't have a nice spirit.

You know those people with the bells that stand outside supermarkets and beg for money with their little red cans? Well when I see them I just keep going - I don't tell them to Fuck Off or STFU or GFT. You know why? BECAUSE I AM NICE! And so is my spirit. I just don't like competitive sports all that much. Or countries.

You know those people with the bells that stand outside supermarkets and beg for money with their little red cans? Well when I see them I just keep going - I don't tell them to Fuck Off or STFU or GFT. You know why? BECAUSE I AM NICE! And so is my spirit. I just don't like competitive sports all that much. Or countries.

Islanders.jpg

NICE
Well when I see them I just keep going.

"How are you? Geez, must be lunchtime! I'm FAMISHED! Well, you have yourself a great day now, champ!"

:wave:

NICE.

They're too hard to keep track of and

it shits me that China have won like, a zillion medals

and that the British are beating us the bastards :angry:

:shrug: I couldn't care less... just see it as a HUGE waste of money..

tho if people like it, have your fun... just don't make me watch it..

I abhor the opening ceremonies. Could not think of a worse waste of three hours of my time.

"Oh. Look at that. There's a bloke, carrying a flag. He's from Latvia. How wonderful. Oh! OH! He's waving! HE'S WAVING!"

I'm a fool for the Olympics. Gymnastics has been my obsession since I was 5 years old and unlike pro sports in the USA that have their own "bowls" and play-offs, the Olympics ARE the be-all and the end-all of international gymnastics competition. My entire extended family is obsessed with Michael Phelps so we spent every night last week glued to the TV screaming like 12 year olds at Hannah Montana.

you're not alone :hug:

I've watched a bit

i don't really care either

the ONLY sport I really give a shit about is good ol american football, NFL baby YEAH

i'd rather watch a shitty preseason game than the olympics :reject:

Back
Top Bottom