I dont like weddings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2isthebest said:
Has anyone mentioned quite possibly the greatest wedding dance song ever?...."Pour Some Sugar On Me":dance: :lol:

After my brother got married a group of us went dancing at a local bar. The song you mentioned came on and I remember all of us going crazy with excitement. First time I have ever seen someone in a wedding dress dancing to it! :lol:

starsgoblue said:

I'm sure it was the cardboard cutout of Chewie that got you the "NO".

:wink:

Most DJs even use iPods now at receptions. The only reason I'm having one is because I want someone besides a guest or family member to be responsible for making announcements and whatnot.

If that DJ show's up with just an Ipod, there's gonna be war.

BonosBaby12 said:

After my brother got married a group of us went dancing at a local bar. The song you mentioned came on and I remember all of us going crazy with excitement. First time I have ever seen someone in a wedding dress dancing to it! :lol:

I am fully intending on going to a bar after the reception...in my wedding dress. Im only wearing that expensive fucker once I want to get good use out of it!

At my friend's wedding last summer, after the DJ was done for the night, we all went to the hotel bar and did karaoke and danced the night away.

starsgoblue said:

I am fully intending on going to a bar after the reception...in my wedding dress. Im only wearing that expensive fucker once I want to get good use out of it!

I say go for it :wink: Complete waste not to get all of the use that you can out of the dress! lol.

My brother kept his tux on too just ditched the jacket. The rest of us that came along just kept on our original clothing from the wedding. To us the celebration had just really begun lol

I love weddings.

I'm pretty sure I prefer attending than trying to plan one, too.

Lara Mullen said:
I love weddings.

I'm pretty sure I prefer attending than trying to plan one, too.

It's hard to plan weddings. I helped my brother plan his most of the summer. The Bride is in the army stationed in Germany. She is coming home any day now and is more than welcome to finish it.

I still like my picnic idea best

AttnKleinkind said:
I would love love LOVE to get married like in Braveheart - eloping into a forest in the Scottish Highlands in the middle of the night :drool:
I know! that's my favorite wedding EVER! :drool: infinity

have you looked at my occupation babe ;)

I've been a pro for a long long time. ask half the people on the board :wink:

you'll have a blast at the wedding though :yes:

Last edited:
I got invited to two weddings in Sept, but I think I'm only going to one. The first is a co-worker and it's the same day as the animal shelter's biggest annual event, which I'm already scheduled to walk Kenya in the morning and then was planning on volunteering in the afternoon and watching the police dept demo their dogs since I'm considering getting a pup from the kennel they contract. I'd only be able to attend the wedding anyway and I'll get a present. The next weekend is my cousin's wedding and I said we'd go since we have no reason not to :yawn:

I attended my best friend's wedding on saturday, I was her chief bridesmaid. :heart:
We had a great time, great weather, great ambiance and the people were nice and fun :up:

I've got 2 weddings to attend on the same week. One on New Year's Eve in Arizona, and the next on Jan 5 in Pittsburgh. It is a damn shame the climates will be so different. I was hoping to wear the same dress. It's okay, that means I have a week of partying and flying. Ah the life of a rockstar...

Well it wasn't THAT bad I guess. The ceremony and reception were in this beautiful historic hotel, the Mission Inn - http://missioninn.com/ I wasn't very into the reception, too many people I didn't know so we walked down the street to a bar for a while :lol: My cousins room was ridiculous. HUGE suite occupying the entire top floor. Maybe I'll post a couple pics when I get home. :wink:

Here's a few. The bridesmaids wore black! :crack:

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

Back
Top Bottom