I Don't Like People To Touch...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
my pets when they visit my house. It makes me really nervous when people try to pick up my cats when the cats don't know them.. and then the visitors bitch and moan about how the kitties are unfriendly bc they take a little bit to check the person out. :sigh:

I know that if a person I didn't know came up to me and started trying to touch me and immediately acquaint themselves with me I would be very uncomfortable too!

Anybody could pick up my kitty Chloe, and she'd be lovin' it. She adores EVERYBODY.

I always let cats I don't know snif my hands before I touch them. Dogs, too, for that matter.

My cat hides when people come over and then peaks around the corner after about 30 minutes and everyone goes, 'awww! he's so cute!' and then he gets all coy and starts rubbing against their legs.

Zoey has to greet everyone that comes over by rubbing on their legs. :heart:

I wouldnt want people to pick her up though because I know she doesnt like it.

my cat likes to sniff hands and then she rubs herself on people's legs when she meets them. i've never had anyone try to pick her up.

Kidz

Bonochick said:
Anybody could pick up my kitty Chloe, and she'd be lovin' it. She adores EVERYBODY.

friends who come over have named my two cats SLUTTY and SPOOKY. one loves everyone SHAMELESSLY, crying and begging for love and touching constantly, and one is the biggest snob EVER; never gives you the time of day, could care less if you live or die (horribly). the thing is: they're sisters, same litter, never separated.

nature/nurture?

xox,
dead nancy

Most pets like me, even the first time I meet them. :shrug: Must be my irresistable personality and charm. :yes:

:lol:

____
:hmm: My ex uses her cat (Romeo) as a judge of character. If he likes someone he just met, then that person is alright. If he's standoffish, then that person needs to be watched carefully. ;) Romeo jumped up on my lap and started purring away the first time we met. :D

Last edited:
I don't mind people playing with our dog, mainly because I trust her, and because she's intelligent enough to size people up herself!

only one of my cats is friendly, the rest all get scared and hide.

he scared my tutor the first time, he was begging to be petted and the poor fellow probably isn't muc of an animal lover. :laugh:

Kitty whore?

:lmao:

:lol:

I don't have a pet, but I never pick up cats or dogs. With dogs, I wait till they come to me and sniff me/lick my fingers or legs getting-to-know-me, then I pet their head. (except if it's big barking-their-head-off or growling dogs - I try not to do anything with them)
All the cats I met so far always came up to me and rubbed against my feet and let me pet their head. (except one, which went into my lap, purred and let me pet him all I wanted)

Re: Kidz

dead nancy said:

friends who come over have named my two cats SLUTTY and SPOOKY. one loves everyone SHAMELESSLY, crying and begging for love and touching constantly, and one is the biggest snob EVER; never gives you the time of day, could care less if you live or die (horribly). the thing is: they're sisters, same litter, never separated.

nature/nurture?

xox,
dead nancy

we call our dog "a little whore" because if our friends spend the night, she sleeps with them. (just lays there in the bed, not in the way you sickos were thinking.)

We have an attention whore cat too, we call her skank (or abby, depending) weird thing is she is only like that around us. She hdes behind the blinds to watch for them leaving before she will come out. I laugh loudly when strangers try to pick her up if they catch her as she jack-rabbit kicks them until they drop her.

Zoe on the other hand flops herself down on her back infront of people wanting a tummy scratch. Thats lazy self centredness though, not overt friendliness.

lol you "don't touch my pets" people would likely hate me. I DON'T pick up people's pets but I do always bend down to pet them if they come up to me. Ok, I do more than that. I've been known to get down on my knees or even sit on the floor to be friendly with a pet that wants my attention. What can I say? I love animals! Actually, I like animals better than people!! hahaha

Oh I hate that too. One of my kitties goes into hiding whenever she hears a voice she doesn't recognise, but apparently people don't understand that HIDING means she's AFRAID and they go ahead and try to pet her anyway. Then they look offended when she hisses at them. :der:

oh god, or even worse, if they ask to pick the cat up (or just do it) and you tell them they don't like to be picked up, then they get mad at you because the cat growls and runs away! i told them! i have a cat who doesn't even like me to pick her up! she's a lap cat, but she wants to be loved on when she wants to, and no other time. if she wants you to love on her, she comes and sits in your lap and stuff, otherwise don't touch her. she even yells when you pet her, like you're petting her with burning charcoal or something.

i don't mind though when people talk to and pet my kitties though, and neither do they. they're just sizing them up, and they love to be petted (well, except for that one i mentioned) so they love it, and i don't mind. luckily i rarely encounter people who pcik up my cats without asking or anything. even my best friend who i've known for six years asks, even though all the cats know and love her. it's funny too because i've never said i hate it when people ask, she just always asks. better to always ask than to assume it's okay though, i say.

When I was in Prague I was waiting for a tram to come so I bent down and pet some dude's dog.

Without looking at me he growled out of the side of his mouth,

"I do not know where you are from, but here you do not touch somone else's pet."

what an ass.

Back
Top Bottom