I don't know if I can take it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daisybean

Rock n' Roll Doggie, FOB
Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eye
Okay I was gonna post this in FYM....but it would just turn into an argument...and it's too heavy for LS, or the Plebans subforum....

But this really upsets me

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...&cid=638&u=/nm/20020905/en_nm/attack_media_dc

Here's a snippit of the article

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - From the major networks to MTV, U.S. television is preparing an unprecedented day of remembrance and reflection to mark the one-year anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks on America.

The four major networks -- ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox -- will forego their usual slate of soap operas, summer reruns and reality shows next Wednesday to make way for saturation 9/11-themed programming capped by a prime-time presidential address to the nation at 9 p.m. EDT.

I honestly don't see why there is a need for round the clock tv coverage for the one year anniversary of 9/11....
I don't know it is still hurts too much for me, but I think this is overkill.

Needless to say...I will not be watching TV on Wednesday :sad:

I know. It just seems so pointless, not as in why we need to remember, but as in, we're all going to remember so why bang it into our brains that whole day? :scream:

If it makes you feel any better, I'm going to listen to a rebroadcast of the radio show I listen to from that day in the morning, then hole up in my room for the rest of the day listening to music. :reject: I won't be able to take much more than that.

Hmm I was planning on putting the 911 thread in Lemonade Stand and bumping it as sort of a memorial.

Should I not do that? :slant:

I also think it's overkill. All the coverage and talk about it is only desensitizing people, I think, and I HATE the commercialization of it and profiting from some something that should be treated very respectfully. :tsk:

No TV for me either.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I think it's a good idea, girl. Maybe it should be closed so that it's just up there as a silent thing, that people can read? Just an idea. But it's a good thought.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I think it's a good idea, girl. Maybe it should be closed so that it's just up there as a silent thing, that people can read? Just an idea. But it's a good thought.

i agree with this too.

i'm sure someone will start a memorial type of thread and people can post their thoughts in that one.

I know, (regarding the tv networks) I think it's something that each person will remember on their own, in a personal way. Sure the networks should commemorate it, but QUIETLY. The last thing I'd want to see is all the footage repeated again... :tsk:

:yes: :up:

Sicy said:
Hmm I was planning on putting the 911 thread in Lemonade Stand and bumping it as sort of a memorial.

Should I not do that? :slant:

No, no, you should do it ..... like someone said, close it just so people can read it.

I was just commenting on the fact that all the networks are doing a full day's coverage on it.....it would be like reliving it all over again. I am all for having a memorial and commemoration(sp?), however, I don't think it's necessary to devote 24 hours worth of programming to it.

It's just everytime I turn on the TV news they are showing those horrible images. Everytime I pick up a magazine or newspaper they have transcripts and accounts of the day. It makes me sad and angry all over again.

I think all the media attention is doing more harm than good.

Good idea to close it... I'll probly stick it at the top of the forum for the day as well.

Back
Top Bottom