I don't have any friends.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i know it's hard to meet freinds. i have the problem too. i'm living 3 provinces away from all my family and friends. i have been here a year and have acquantencies and a few freinds but sometimes it just doesn't feel the same...like they are someone elses friends and i'm just along for the ride.

i kinda feel lonely and jealous sometimes cause after i moved away all my friends that were away decided to move home. :sigh:

just be strong...at least you got your hubby and i'm sure you'll meet new friends soon. just listen to the advice given by some people here. it's sounds like good advice to me.

Last edited:
Mr. BAW said:
:up: You may not see us, or touch us but you can hear us...

signed,

your friends

How sweet :) There are times (like now) when I feel I don't have a friend in the world but here.

I'm feeling very depressed tonight :(

My Friends
Red Hot Chili Peppers

My friends are so depressed
I feel the question
Of your loneliness
Confide..., 'cause I'll be on your side
You know I will, you know I will

X Girlfriend called me up
Alone and desperate
On the prison phone
They want... to give her 7 years
For being sad

CHORUS:
I love all of you
Hurt by the cold
So hard and lonely too
When you don't know yourself

My friends are so distressed
And standing on
The brink of emptiness
No words... I know of to express
This emptiness

CHORUS

Imagine me taught by tragedy
Release is peace
I heard a little girl
And what she said
Was something beautiful
To give... your love
No matter what

CHORUS

I love all of you
Hurt by the cold

:hug:

Last edited:
Mr. BAW said:
:up: You may not see us, or touch us but you can hear us...

signed,

your friends

ditto that meggie :hug:

meegannie said:
I don't even have any acquaintances or online friends.

i know we've never met in real life but i hope we do some day. i've always considered us to be online friends :hug:

which reminds me...i still need to send you that pengie drawing :uhoh:

I feel like that a bit sometimes, All my friends seem to have ended up going their seperate ways and I only really see a couple of them on a regular basis. Especially as I've moved away to work for a year. Ill be glad when I get bk to Uni.

I'm sure I remember reading that you might be going to that starsailor gig in London. Would be cool to say Hi if you are going, cos Im probably going on my own now cos my friend cant go.

Anyway take care and there's always new people to meet and chat to througout life :hug:

I've gotten used to being virtually alone. Perhaps some can call that "sad," but it has pretty much been my life for the past four years or so. I have made some fantastic friends all over the world; I just can't ever seem to live in the same city with any of them. :p

But I hear you on the job thing. This "global economy" blows chunks. All the jobs in the Western world get sent to the third world, and, not only are the wages unsustainable to live on here, but we can't even move to other countries, for the most part.

I dunno. I'm pretty much resigned these days, but still hoping that, somewhere, I can break into the film/TV industry. Hopefully, after that, the social life can follow suit.

Melon

:hug: to us all.
We live in a lonely world in general. The demands of work and/or school doesn't leave much time to socialize. And as friends get busy with their families, they don't have as much time for hanging out.
I once read of a town in Italy that has a wonderful tradition. Every evening, people there go for a walk along the main street. Others sit outside, and greet their friends as they walk by. Everyone gets to keep up with the doings of their neighbors, and they get some exercise as they walk along!
I wish I lived there!

I just assume people won't like me. :shrug: I don't like to call people because I sound lame on the phone, so the internet has been one of the easiest ways to make some great friends, people I wouldn't have met if I never came to Interference. I've been lonely for a few years now and I've gotten very settled in my ways.

Meegannie, I've always thought you were very friendly and popular around here...I'm sure you have more online friends than you know! :hug:

Mr. BAW said:
Each of you have described a normal process of maturity; getting older, seeking your own independence through the process of college, marriage, employment...as the days and weeks lead into years, we stray from our roots, our former terra firma that held us for so long...I can swear that none of you has lost any friends, you've merely replaced them in your current lives with things that are more important to today's living...

No, no, no children...your friends are still among you; search your minds and souls, they're still there...they, too, have other priorities at this point in their lives...

Outside of this clan called Interference, we all have other friends...its time to go calling on them...each of us (me, too) needs to feel better about ourselves...:heart:

I am having dinner with my high school friends on Friday. It has been almost 2 years since I have seen them. We still talk on the phone from time to time. What is great is that everytime I speak with them or see them it is like no time has passed. Sure they have their own families now and I do not. But it is nice to see them, they helped formed the person I am today and I will always be happy and grateful for them. :) It amazes me to know that I have known some of them for 16 years. :ohmy:

"its time to go calling on them" ... glad you wrote Iris....

let me testify...

In the 6th grade, my best friend moved away suddenly..no warning, no nothing! I was devastated...Two years ago, over 40 years since I last saw him, I checked a Classmates. I found his name, our year of graduation, it had to be him. I sent out a curious message with cryptic notes that only he would know...

It was Gary. Said he had been thinking of me for the past 40 years. said he even went back to our old grade school; he went to the High school and saw the yearbooks, he saw how Mr. BAW was the Quarterback of the team, the pitcher, and the ASB President (nerd)..LOL...

Said how he missed those years that it should have been him running down the football field catching my passes...

We grew similar lives..both of us police officers; both of us suffering broken marriages, and both of us wondering about the other one...we are now very good friends...so close that he recently bought Slane and the Boston DVD!! chances are, he may join us on some local concerts...

While we grew up wondering about each other, he also grew ill...he now suffers the onset of Parkinson's disease..I email him often; we lunch and I continue to ask if he's taking his meds'; he is my friend, we are there for each other..

Everyone here has someone like my friend Gary...reach out for him/her before its too late, I nearly did..... they may need you right now...:heart:

celia said:

I'm sure I remember reading that you might be going to that starsailor gig in London. Would be cool to say Hi if you are going, cos Im probably going on my own now cos my friend cant go.

I wish I were, but I'm going to America for Christmas and the only flights that I could find for a decent price conflicted with the Starsailor gig. :( I'm really gutted to be missing it!!

Back
Top Bottom