I don't drink, but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I worked in Athens during the Olympics, and because we were put up in a hotel far away from EVERYTHING, the only things to do were read if you brought a book, watch TV in Greek, swim in the bay (which was beautiful, but I don't like swimming around a lot of people), or go to the in-hotel bar or the night club down the street. I'm only 20, and the most alcohol I've ever consumed is about 2 glasses of wine. Until I went to Greece. One night, a friend of mine finally convinced me to drink. He bought me a rum and coke. The following night, I had

1 Bottle of White wine
1 pitcher of Rose wine
3 Rum and Cokes.
2 of some sort of Vodka based Fruit Punch.
And some shots of something that was really sweet that I don't remember. The bartender knew the dude I was there with because he came in every night and gave us the shots for free.

For someone who doesn't drink, that was a lot of alcohol. Nevertheless, I didn't get sick, and I stayed in bed the next morning until my hangover was all gone. So I didn't suffer too badly. I think I may have done some sort of damage to my ankle though. I thought it would be funny to skip along in the gravel to the nightclub. A stout American boy skipping along the road in a foreign country is strange. Anyway, I fell on my ankle after the third jump, and it's still a little weird.

Anyway, I'm back in the states, and haven't had a drink since I came back, but just thought I'd share. For whatever reason.

What did you say? I didn't get it.
Maybe I should have another bottle of Corona before I continue...

Hehe.
Good times. Enjoy while you can.

you know it's funny but I have gotten sick so many times while drinking that reading that post just made me have flashbacks to being WAY too drunk. I actually just had that sick feeling wash over me lol.

LoveTown said:
you know it's funny but I have gotten sick so many times while drinking that reading that post just made me have flashbacks to being WAY too drunk. I actually just had that sick feeling wash over me lol.

Oh, me too. I have had the absolute Hangovers From Hell. These days I am really conservative about drinking so I won't get the damn hangovers. It's not worth it.

U2democrat said:
i prefer dr. pepper.....:drool::drool::drool:

it makes me :hyper:

When I was 15 I drank a lot of Dr. Pepper. Then I got really wired... and sang Limp Bizkit to the can. As far as I can tell, this is far worse than anything I did the one night I was drunk. :sexywink:

UnforgettableLemon said:

When I was 15 I drank a lot of Dr. Pepper. Then I got really wired... and sang Limp Bizkit to the can. As far as I can tell, this is far worse than anything I did the one night I was drunk. :sexywink:

yeah if i have a dr. pepper after 7:30 at night i go nuts. i don't get ANY sleep, i cant stay still for more than two seconds, and i'm just REALLY hyper.

does anyone here remember surge? that stuff was goooooood!
:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

It's really weird, caffeine doesn't keep me awake. I can drink iced tea or coke at night and still go to sleep with the chickens.

Back
Top Bottom