I do not do good with grammar. ;)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Got Philk?

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Arizona, Tacoma, Philadelphia ,Atlanta, LA...
I have a sentence. I need help with the independent and dependent clause..oh, and I guess also the conjunction, but I do know those. :wink:

Lies and I have discussed, but I'm still not convinced. Convince me! Here's the sentence.

4. The Williams sisters studied and practiced the game of tennis while they were growing up.

Rip it apart!
ready?
Go!

My grammar is atrocious, I never learnt it properly and I just have to learn it from scratch if I am to be a good writer.

agreed with the others. I hated the grammer part of English and all those parts of speeches.

agreed with the others. I hated the grammer part of English and all those parts of speeches.

*Grammar. :wink: Sorry but that's a big pet peeve of mine.

I'm afraid I can't help on this subject, because I don't have a clue what either terms are. Don't think I've had this at English classes, or I must've forgotten.

My grammar is atrocious, I never learnt it properly and I just have to learn it from scratch if I am to be a good writer.

Vic may be the same as NSW. We were seriously never taught anything beyond the very basics of English in primary school. I don't think half of us would even know what a dependent and independent clause even are.

My writing, grammar, and spelling sucks so badly. I read like a bandit, so I should have bloody well learned by now, but no. It really ticks me off that I'm so bad at it.

Back
Top Bottom