i dislike women in general

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TripThruUreWires

I serve MacPhisto
i've realized that throughout my short life, i've had far too many bad experiences with the female gender. don't get me wrong, i've had a few very good female friends growing up, but in general, other females rub me the wrong way. maybe it's just the area in which i grew up in...maybe...but i find females to be nothing more than a catty, jealous, competitive, pretentious species. needless to say, i've had at least twice as many guy friends than i did female friends. i just don't have to deal with all the petty bullshit when i surround myself with male friends.

okay, so maybe i've over-generalized; but then again, this all has to do with my own experience and preference.

by the way...i'm by no means a tom-boy ;)

Hello trip! Long time no see. :)

I feel EXACTLY the same way. :|
I'm talkin word for word here.

I get along much better with men. They lack the competitive, catty, jealous crap that I deal with with women friends. (omg I just re-read your post and noticed I typed the exact same words you did.) Which is why I only have a select few. And the few women friends I do have are basically exactly like me, which is why I get along with them so well.

Dont forget manipulative and vindictive... especially manipulative... or is that what you meant by catty? *cracks open the ol 3" encyclopedic dictionary*

For the record.. I am none of those things.

I really think I'm a rare breed.

You can ask my boyfriend. :p

I moved away from my hometown two years ago. There, all of my friends were basically female. Here, all of my friends are basically male. I get along well with the guys here, but I miss my gal pals...my friends back home are excellent...they are nothing like the stereotypical catty female.

I definately get along with guys better then girls bc guys are so much easier to hang out with and talk to at least i find it that. Im definately not the type of lady that you describe above tho.

I agree, yet I've had very few male friends in my life. I feel lucky that I've had very cool female friends, a good percentage have not been horribly catty, jealous, etc., and the one who was all of those things times ten I am no longer friends with.

Plus, like you said Sis, they're a lot like me so that's how come we all get along so well. :)

????

Woman is a "GENDER"or "SEX" not a species.....Species, depending on how you pronounce it is either an old roman coin or a classification such as mankind/human race/human beings "capable of interbreeding."
As far as women in general being "catty"??? It takes more than the old XY~XX chromosome difference for that. But then again, being a LEO you can call me catty...meow...I really don't mind..."I" have a sense of humor :)
Myself? I prefer having friends of both sexes as long as they are educated and diverse enough for me not to have to explain all of my jokes, poetry and art to them...and I prefer artistic creative types. My best friend...however, IS a man, but then again I'm in love with him and we have a wonderful relationship so I guess I am biased...lol...but it did take me years to find someone like him too :) I wish you luck finding the same!

Re: ????

therulz said:
I prefer having friends of both sexes as long as they are educated and diverse enough for me not to have to explain all of my jokes, poetry and art to them...and I prefer artistic creative types.

same here

It is my opinion that lots of beautiful girls find guys better company because (1) there is no competition going on for looks; (2) the guys will heap the girl with friendly teasing/favours. Perhaps most girls are catty towards you, Trip, because you're a very attractive woman and they find competition in that, or maybe they are intimidated, I dunno?

foray

I agree... while I have friends of both sexes... I generally find guys a little easier to talk to, and the friendships can be much more low maintenance if that makes any sense!!

Any of you girls ever have a female friend or acquaintance get mad at you or accuse you of hitting on their boyfriend etc when it's the last thing on your mind? I've gotten that a few times for having conversations with them or whatever while we're all out in a group?? That's the kind of cattiness (sp?)/insecurity that drives me nuts!

I had the best and worst of times with women. Friendships with other guys are usually more static.

The idea that beautiful women hate other beautiful women or that regular women hate beautiful women just because they are beautiful is a myth!!!!!!!!

We hate women who are obnoxious and bitchy...unless a woman is very insecure in herself or has a mental problem looks have very little to do with it.

Some women are just not well adjusted...they are not pleasant to be around...and I have found this in all kinds of women from the more beautiful ones to the ordinary looking ones.

The ones I find who are suspicious and catty of other's motives are manipuatlive themseves...or gossips.

I avoid such women like the plague.

dream wanderer

dream wanderer said:
The idea that beautiful women hate other beautiful women or that regular women hate beautiful women just because they are beautiful is a myth!!!!!!!!
We hate women who are obnoxious and bitchy.

Exactly-very well said. I don't judge someone based upon their looks..I judge based upon how they treat others and what's in their heart and soul.

I don't find most women to be 'catty and jealous'. I have had a few wonderful and amazing female friends, who have done quite the opposite for me-they have helped me to feel better about myself. Sorry, but just in MY experience, guys for the most part have often, not always of course, made me feel worse about myself, whether they are just friends or something more.

Umm.
What therulz and Gina said.:idea:

Gender really takes a back seat to insecure and envious folk.
Ive found that backstabbers can be female or male.
I ve found true friends in either sex.:)

This thread WREAKS w/sexism and stereotyping..Im feeling violated;)

DB9
:)

Last edited:
My 3 best friends are all guys :ohmy:

Girls are bitchy & annoy me and all the girls i know go on about make up and shopping like it was the most important thing in life

I've never really had any guy friends in real life. :(

I guess I'm just lucky that the girls I've been friends with haven't been the catty type. :)

foray said:
It is my opinion that lots of beautiful girls find guys better company because (1) there is no competition going on for looks; (2) the guys will heap the girl with friendly teasing/favours. Perhaps most girls are catty towards you, Trip, because you're a very attractive woman and they find competition in that, or maybe they are intimidated, I dunno?

foray

Hey that makes some sense.

I usually get along better with women... I got male friends too, and with a woman there is - in most of the cases - some flirt going on, too... but I have to say that my girls - friends - are not the neg. type described above.

Ok, lots of stupidity in this world, but w/ them I don?t waste my time... sometimes I wonder, when I see f.e. hooligans on the street, and their girlfriends... how can they like a "man" like that? Or maybe its a prejudice, maybe a hooligan can be sensitive, sexy, intelligent, in style, showing his love everyday et al... but I doubt it:lol:

Then, I do like the creative artist, but it doesn?t need to be like that. I have learned a lot from persons who were completely different from me. If me (fucked up freak and artist) would be hangin? only with my style, I wouldn?t be able to calm down; you need a rest sometimes. I like women with spontanity, the ones that say what they mean.

Then, I have this illness regarding beauty, but that is another story. Aesthetic and pathetic, maybe.

Amongst girls the competitive feeling is much more intense, yes. I am sorry for them, because we got that too amongst men, only in different ways. You know, fuck the clich?s, but give me my villa, my beach and my Ferrari.

I do have to say that I love women who push me creatively, who support my vision bc they are supported in theirs... I respect women who go their way, but are able to show their sweetness, warmth and love anyway. Oh, and I need them crazy... as crazy as me.

Last edited:
~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
Dont forget manipulative and vindictive... especially manipulative... or is that what you meant by catty? *cracks open the ol 3" encyclopedic dictionary*

For someone who has yet to experience college and/or living on your own, you're entirely too bitter about women, fox. Judging women from your experiences with high school girls is hardly a fair fight. :)

I agree that there are a lot of girls that are this way, but I also know that there are many that aren't. I have girl friends that are not at all this way; personally I just don't get close to those who are constantly competing...and these are usually the girls who are most insecure too. I know where you're coming from though, and I think what foray said is true.

Diemen said:
For someone who has yet to experience college and/or living on your own, you're entirely too bitter about women, fox.
Yeah... I really am arent I...

Judging women from your experiences with high school girls is hardly a fair fight. :)
My experiance is all I have to base my opinions on, nobodys volunteered to prove me wrong, so my opinion stands. I dont feel like divulging my lifes story on this one, suffice to say that Im tired of being nice - end of story.

Well...

I am one person, young, and not very sociable, but I'll say this; most of my enemies, past and present, have been girls. Two are guys. (*ssholes!) I define enemies as people who incessantly go out of their way to give me holy hell, especially if they justify their sh*t-headedness with one event.

Anyway, I don't have much respect for most women. I can't stand the type who uses entirely too much makeup too often, the ones who'll reapply mascara in class. I think little of the models in magazines like Playboy, because I believe that if they had any talent, ability, and/or motivation, they wouldn't pose nude. I'm also very impatient with idiots and cocky fools, regardless of gender, but I'm sure all of you are.

So I agree with you, Trip.

By the way, I recommend reading Cynthia Heimel. She's an essayist and has a name for a certain type of despicable women; 'professional girls'.

In my little world here on top of the Hill in the overcast town of Seattle the guys seem 10x more caddy then the girls... Often I hear "he hasn't gone to the gym for a while" or "look at his fake 'n bake (not mine of course, I love skin so pale you can see the blue and red highways of the circulatory system )"

its all context

Last edited:
I've run into some catty, nasty females in my time, mainly in junior/senior high school and to a lesser extent in college, but I've encountered far more nice, friendly ones. It really puzzles me that so many of you think most girls/women are bitches. Could it be a regional thing? Maybe we are all just more mellow here in the Midwest.

I don't understand women...hence: why I've never had a gf.

From When Harry Met Sally

Harry Burns: You realize of course that we could never be friends.
Sally Albright: Why not?
Harry Burns: What I'm saying is - and this is not a come-on in any way, shape or form - is that men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.
Sally Albright: That's not true. I have a number of men friends and there is no sex involved.
Harry Burns: No you don't.
Sally Albright: Yes I do.
Harry Burns: No you don't.
Sally Albright: Yes I do.
Harry Burns: You only think you do.
Sally Albright: You say I'm having sex with these men without my knowledge?
Harry Burns: No, what I'm saying is they all WANT to have sex with you.
Sally: They do not!
Harry: Do to.
Sally: They do not.
Harry: Do to.
Sally: How do you know?
Harry: Because no man can be friends with a woman that he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with her.
Sally: So, you're saying that a man can be friends with a woman he finds unattractive?
Harry: No. You pretty much want to nail 'em too.
Sally: What if THEY don't want to have sex with YOU?
Harry: Doesn't matter because the sex thing is already out there so the friendship is ultimately doomed and that is the end of the story.
Sally: Well, I guess we're not going to be friends then.
Harry: I guess not.
Sally: That's too bad. You were the only person I knew in New York.

Last edited:
I would hope what Harry is really true... I'd hate to think that my female "friend" and I would only remain friends and never anything more.... :eyebrow:

Last edited:
~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
I dont feel like divulging my lifes story on this one, suffice to say that Im tired of being nice - end of story.

Trust me, I've been there many times before (tired of being nice) and still visit it occasionally...but with time (I hate saying this, I know it's a very parental thing to say) you'll see that being nice can pay off very well and the women who most fit into your tastes will be the ones who value honesty and kindness above social status and "coolness." High school is a baaaad, bad place to form your life-long opinion on the opposite sex. You'll learn a lot more valuable info about women in the years to come, trust me! :)

As far as proving you wrong, I would say that many of the girls here at Interference are excellent examples of women contrary to your stereotypes. And men can be just as vindictive and manipulative as well, I can attest to that and I've seen it damage some close female friends of mine.

Also note, that while I'm sure you are very nice and treat your female friends with more respect than most other guys around, it doesn't mean that you don't need to change things about yourself. It took me quite a while to face up to the fact that simply having a kind, respectful and attentive disposition wasn't going to get me anywhere unless I learned how to loosen up, take chances and accept lost or failed chances gracefully. Shyness is only cute for so long ;). But this could just be me. :)

Anyway, judging from your posts on the topic, it seems you're pretty set in your opinion, which is a shame, considering your age. Yeah, it may be hard to find someone right now to prove you wrong about your opinions, but they're out there. One of them has been my best friend for over 10 years. And even if you don't find anyone in high school, it doesn't mean you're right. :)

Back
Top Bottom