I did not watch the Super Bowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had it on in the background, but I hardly paid any attention. I fell asleep then woke up in time to watch Prince (awesome performance!), then changed the channel. :lol:

I'll watch football twice a year - Superbowl and the Grey Cup, but this year was extraordinarily boring for some reason. :shrug:

Give me hockey any day! :yes:

don't tell anyone but I'm getting sick of hearing about the colts

kellyahern said:
I need to watch the halftime show again. I only really started paying attention when he started singing "The Best of You." -

"Hey is Prince singing a Foo Fighters song? . . . He plays the guitar very well . . . he's really putting on a good show . . .damn, I should have been paying more attention from the beginning :reject: "
That was the reaction at the party I went to. :lol: I thought he was good. I never thought much about him until I met someone obsessed with all things Minnesota who raves about him. I would really like to see him live.

I have a feeling my mom's critique for about the fifth year in a row will be, "U2 should ALWAYS be the halftime show. Unless it's Paul McCartney."

Maddy & I hit the mall. Was verrrrry quiet & un-crowded :drool:

On the way home, we listened to some highlights, so we knew who was up at halftime. Stopped to shop at another mini-mall close to home, and watched the 4th qtr. Hubby had hit the record button on the TiVo so I was able to go back and watch Prince's performance. I didn't recognize a couple of the songs, so now I have to go back and watch.

Side note: Salesperson at Claire's forgot to put a necklace that we paid for in the bag. She better put it in the mail today or else :madwife: (We went shopping about 30 minutes from home).
/end random rant

U2Girl416 said:
I didn't watch it either, no thanks to Comcast! my cable/internet has been down since Thursday and despite it being Superbowl weekend, they weren't going to do anything about it and no service appts were available until today.. argh.

Comcast has been screwing us around too. Thankfully our cable still works, but our internet has been down for almost 2 weeks. Blargh! And we pay HOW MUCH for this level of service? :mad: I feel like going "Comcastic" all over their arses!

Anyways, I didn't watch the game, I used my time to watch the Law and Order marathons that were on USA/TBS/Bravo (I totally forget which channel it was). A night of perp-bustin' fun. oh yeah!

sulawesigirl4 said:

Comcast has been screwing us around too. Thankfully our cable still works, but our internet has been down for almost 2 weeks. Blargh! And we pay HOW MUCH for this level of service? :mad: I feel like going "Comcastic" all over their arses!

Anyways, I didn't watch the game, I used my time to watch the Law and Order marathons that were on USA/TBS/Bravo (I totally forget which channel it was). A night of perp-bustin' fun. oh yeah!

I'm glad someone else feels my pain regarding Comcast. they're right at your door if you're signing up for service or upgrading, but when there's a problem, you have to wait. my appt is for Saturday morning. wasn't going to take time off work for them. "Comcastic"....what a friggin joke. the rates keep going up yet we don't get anything additional in return. :madspit:

end of Comcast rant. back to the Super Bowl discussion.

Re: don't tell anyone but I'm getting sick of hearing about the colts

Schmeg said:

That was the reaction at the party I went to. :lol: I thought he was good. I never thought much about him until I met someone obsessed with all things Minnesota who raves about him. I would really like to see him live.

Yeah, at the end I was thinking "Too bad Prince isn't touring, because I would totally go now." :lol:

I didn't watch it...I prefered watching the hockey game and after, going to my hockey game. If I would have known that Prince was preforming, I would have asked my mommy to record it. Thank God for YouTube!

I watched it all of course since my team was in it. I want to confess I have not taken my Christmas tree down but will do so tonight :reject:

Why? It's a family tradition that it's bad luck to take it down before the day after New Year's Day, but later on that took on more meaning. If a team you were rooting for was in the NFL playoffs, you have to leave it up. If they win their first game, you can't take it down or it might be bad luck for the rest of the playoffs! :no: :uhoh: So I figured what the heck, I'm not taking any chances! I lit it up on game day! So my team went all the way so now I can take it down! ;)

Last edited:
I watched every second of it including the commercials. :reject:

The first half was good, the second half was crap...not much of a game, really. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom