I Cried

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:up: I was moved during my first show on March 10, 1992 in Philadelphia. It was during the Fly and one of the slogans was like "Call Your Mom" or something like that. It hit that I didn't appreciate her enough.

But, by far the most emotional moment was October 19th, 2001 in Baltimore. This was after 9/11 and the whole show was an emotional wringer, and by the time we got to Walk On, I lost it in a mixture of spirtual joy, relief and encouragement. It was a cool moment.

I hope you get to go to more shows!

I cried the second time I saw them (post-9/11 "One"...yeah).

It's not out of the question that it'll happen this time. In fact, I kind of hope I do, because I can think of a couple of songs that will definitely make me cry if they do actually play them.

:: sends subliminal "AIWIY" and "OOTS" messages to the band ::

Doug :hug: :D

I thought I was going to be okay opening night because it wasn't my first U2 show but the opening song was SO beautiful, the tears just poured out 2 seconds into it!

I looked over at the guy next to me, and he was alternating between heaving sobs and bowing down to the stage. His girlfriend had to keep comforting him and rubbing his back! :laugh:

I saw lots of tears in the arena that night. It was very moving.

God, it makes me so freaking happy to read stuff like this. I can't believe I have over a month (not to mention 4 finals) between me and my show.

Also, I've never cried at a U2 show. I understand why people do, but I'm always so filled with complete and utter joy that I can't stop grinning from ear to ear for long enough to cry. :D

sorry to be such a downer, but i've been crying on/off since i left san diego. the concert itself was pretty much a bad experience, as there were people pushing and shoving and i nearly passed out. it felt like i didnt even see u2 at all. i've been depressed ever since.

icelle said:
sorry to be such a downer, but i've been crying on/off since i left san diego. the concert itself was pretty much a bad experience, as there were people pushing and shoving and i nearly passed out. it felt like i didnt even see u2 at all. i've been depressed ever since.

I just read what happened to you guys :(

I'm so sorry it went badly, especially since you spent so much time in line. :hug:

I heard a few other people had to leave the floor because they either got squashed, couldn't breath or felt sick.

icelle said:

i read a snippet of a newspaper here about u2 fans being left reeeling from that show, i didn't read anything about it here but it's not nice when you spend that much and anticipate a good show and leave disappointed :hug:

everyone around us at slane were really drunk/ happy. one guy was sleeping during the whole concert right next to us :slant: im surprised he wasn't crushed, we were.

icelle said:

I'm so sorry. That would leave a horrible taste with me as well. It really is a shame that a few unruly can dash the hopes and expectations for a concert.

Icelle, I'm so sorry you had such a bad time at the concert. You deserve so much better. :hug:

Doug, I'm glad you and your wife had a good time at the concert. Crying tears of joy is a natural reaction to the way this band makes us feel.

I admit dropping a tear when I watched the Irving Plaza DVD. I'm not sure why, maybe the show was just that special.

Whenever I feel like tearing up, THIS IS WEIRD, but I always think of this thing they had on the Howard Stern show where they talked about the last thing that made them cry, mostly men. One would say they cried when their father died, and Howard said he cried when he had to tell the kids about his divorce.

The funniest thing on there was one of them said that they cried at a Michael Jackson concert. Somehow, that just infects me with laughter when I'm dealing with grief... maybe even tears of joy. I'll find out when the boys come back to Cleveland.

nbcrusader said:
tears of joy last night. My first U2 concert ever. From the opening note to the last refrain. A time of pure joy!

:rockon:

:) I remembered that it was your first concert and was looking for you to say something about it!

I didn't expect you to say anything different! :wave:

nbcrusader said:

I'm so sorry. That would leave a horrible taste with me as well. It really is a shame that a few unruly can dash the hopes and expectations for a concert.

I have been in GA situations for concerts (non-U2 shows) and have found that a heck of a lot of people seem to check their manners and any sense of common courtesy at the door.

:down:

Doozer61 said:
* remembers to put tissues in my pockets for tonight :yes:

Boy, I wish I'd done that. I will have some on hand for LA1.

It was so strange, as the tears just kept flowing. I worried for a moment that people would wonder what was wrong.

Later, I figure most people would wonder why the guy next to me was sitting for most of the concert.

icelle said:

So have I. I got sick and had to forfeit my spot at the very front. I was about to pass out and throw up on the poor security guard. As soon as I finished being sick I started crying and haven't really stopped. I heard "sometimes" in the grocery store and I couldn't take it.

I cried at my first U2 gig, back in 92. It was during WOWY...I don't know why.....but I'm not afraid to admit it.:sad:

spinninghead77 said:

So have I. I got sick and had to forfeit my spot at the very front. I was about to pass out and throw up on the poor security guard. As soon as I finished being sick I started crying and haven't really stopped. I heard "sometimes" in the grocery store and I couldn't take it.

god that sucks...:hug:

I totally cried at my first concert. Joshua Tree :drool:

Congrats nbc.. so glad you finally got to experience a U2 show :up:

Sorry to those of you that had a bad time.. :( I'm kinda scared now.

I cried on Monday night when New Year's Day started playing. Before that I was in shock that I was actually at a U2 concert. I've been dying to hear that song live for so long and when it finally happened the tears started. I did ok the rest of the concert. There was a few times I almost started up again. I'll probably cry at every U2 concert I go to this year.

I don't cry at U2 concerts .. instead I get "so-ooo over-whelmed" being "so-ooo close" to them in the venue.... that actually it takes me an hour or more .... to get up and leave .... once the concert is over .... cuz I still feel "so-ooo close" to them ...
even after they leave the stage....

icelle said:

Oh icelle, I know how you feel! After lining up all night and all day to see U2 on Lovetown, I could only manage half of BB King's set before I had a major panic attack and thinking I was going to die squashed down the front, and had to get pulled out by security. I was right in front of Bono's microphone too, DAMN! :madspit: (i've been suspicious of GAs ever since, though I have got seated tickets and then just charged onto the field once U2 came on stage, got within 20 feet of the b-stage during Zoo in Sydney! )

As for crying, I haven't quite got there, HOWEVER, the very first time I saw them live, I went into total ga-ga for the first few songs. When the concert ended, :scream:

Me: "it can't be over, they haven't played Gloria yet!"

My friend : "That was the first song!"

Me: :der:

Back
Top Bottom