I confess

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amigone

The Fly
This might sound silly, but it's a big deal to me.

I am a perfectionist in the WORST way. Tomorrow, is my driving test.

I am by no means a perfect driver. No one is. But I'm no where near it. I've always done stuff first time, good grades, never in trouble. Basically, I'm a geek who is used to being good at most things I try, (except snowboarding but that's another post) but I'm not sure I have a handle on this driving thing.

Test is in T minus nine hours. Other then sleeping, any advice? How do I stop my nervousness? How do I remember how to parallel park? How do I remember how to park uphill/downhill?

And what if I don't pass? :sad:

First take a deep breath. Try to clear you mind, try not to think of all the things you can do wrong. If you worry about these, you are going to mess up.

If you are concerned about how bad your driving is, that means that you probably need more practice, so if you fail, it's not necessarily a bad thing. A lot of people fail on their first time out, and don't be upset if you do. It's better to fail and to get more practice time in, so when you do get your license you have some confidence, and are a better driver.

Don't be so hard on yourself...it's okay to fail every once in a while.

i failed the driving test the first time because i was so nervous. second time i barely passed. i am still not the world's greatest driver...but i get by. yeah, im the one you all want to kill on the roads.

Well done Amigone.
A great step, driving is a very handy thing to be able to do.
Two of my sons have their driver's licence. One of them bought a car last week, I feel like the mother of the Duke's of Hazard sometimes.I'll be teaching the third son to drive in a couple of year's time.

Happy Trails

Back
Top Bottom