I can't wait to get out of high school...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At the end of every stage in your life, you get excited to move onto the next stage. Im a senior in college, and like high school; it has been an awesome time, but at the end, you are ready to move on to the next stage. Peace Corps for me. Trying to avoid the real world as long as possible.

Techie2000 said:
School has always been and always will be something a bit more than just simply being educated. It is very much an experience.

How true that is...which is why I, personally, LOVE high school. Despite all the pitfalls and problems, my high school is like my home. My high school has a lot of problems. It's undergoing constant construction, so classrooms are always being moved, hallways blocked, lockers changed, ect. Last year we had about 20 bomb threats - and no, that's NOT an exagerration. It's all nice and happy when it's a beautiful day (sky falls you feel like...) and you get to stand outside and chat with friends for half an hour, but when it's cold and pouring out you wanna hit whoever decided they REALLY needed to get out of class that day. Hell, just two days ago a frickin POETRY READING got maced. There was a damn riot. Our school is fucked up. We sure have a lot of dumbass kids in the building, and some pretty stupid teachers too... but it all balances out in the end. The dumb kids ('cause that's what they are, kids) can try to start fights all they want, but I don't care because I've got my friends (though half of them are graduating this spring :( I still have two more years left). I love most of my teachers (and am literally IN LOVE with one, and kinda-sorta crushing on another.) The work can suck and be boring sometimes, but other times it's actually interesting. And the weird thing is, I wouldn't want it any other way. I want my high school to be messed up. It just adds more character to the place. Look up and see the pipes and wires 'cause there's no ceiling tiles...that's my school and I love it that way.

I suppose I'm rather odd. My high school seems very different from yours. In junior high, I was miserable... I probably would have been feeling like you in high school had I not moved to the big city. Otherwise I'd be going to some rich preppy white kid school which is made up of a bunch of snobs. I'd rather deal with ghetto kids that try so hard to fit every black stereotype than the bratty rich kids I dealt with in junior high. All their damn cliques, their condescending ways, their conservative mindsets... I couldn't deal with it. I've experienced plenty of angst in my high school years thus far... my freshmen year was horrible in a lot of ways, really. I was depressed as hell the first half of the year. But despite the typical teenage angst (and the added weight of other things that were going on), I still love high school. I can remember the pain, but I can remember the smiles, too... and for me, they outshine the scars.

I'm sorry I'm rambling. I don't think life will get worse after high school. I'm looking forward to college; I think it'll be a blast...but I'm also not desperately waiting to get out of high school. In some ways I want it to be over with already, but in others I want it to last forever... it's the best of times and the worst of times. It's the age of wisdom and the age of foolishness...or something like that. I don't remember the rest :p

I am fresh out of high school (last spring that is) and I really do miss it. It is much harder to make it on your own when you don't get to see people every day. I go through many boring spells where I want to call up someone to do something with, but the I realize everyone I once hung out with is gone.

I'm out of high school for half a year and I really don't miss it! I always hated high school,my class, the teachers,everything. High school made my life worse. I'm so glad that I'm out of it. But that's only my opinion.
I'm at a vocational school now and it's the best thing that ever happened to me (except falling in love with U2:wink: ). I have friends now and a crush on a guy who looks a bit like Adam. Life after High school is great!:hyper:

Yeah, I sure will miss all my friends, and hanging out at the mall. GOing to peoples birthday parties, them coming to mine. Going to the movies, going to the football games....

Yeah, the good times...

I'll miss hanging with my best friend, and my first real love in highschool, and just staying out at night and watching the stars. I'll miss having mom and dad there to buy me whatever I wanted, and not having to worry so much about a car or gas money or insurance. I'll miss being with my friends on the natioinal honor society... and all the free time I got to spend doing volunteer help, even though it was sort of a pain. I'll miss that family feeling of High School, and especially in my senior year, when, even though my friends had differnces, they all managed to come together and get along.

But most of all, I'll hate to let go of a simple, carefree and joyus time in my life. I'm dreading the responsibility of college and becoming an adult-- I wish I could stay a kid forever. Oh well...

I'll miss coming home and being able to hang out with my neighbor next door. He's always been a cool guy, and we've always gotten along well... one time, in the summer, we had a crazy pool party and some of the girls got a little out of control...... hah.... good times.......

Yeah....... good times in high school, despite all the awkwardness......

yeah,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
good times.................................................................

:eyebrow:

wait.......... that's right........
.......Non of that ever happened................................

....................Huh.................

(no offense to anyone, or anyone's statements, I was simply ranting on my own behalf, for myself)

I honestly, completely can say.
That I have no good memories of High School.
This really has been a suck time in my life, and I refuse to allow these days to be my golden days. "Glory Days"...... I don't think so.

I'm glad that some people have had a positive and memorable experience for HS. BUt I'm just not one of them.

I have no friends, and I don't want to remember any part of these last 4 years. There was improvement from freshman to sophmore, but midway into sophmore year, the rest of my life began to collapse, and my foundationbegan to crumble.

I am very thankful that I have one more semester here.
It was a good highschool, really. Just not a good expereince.
I;ve no regrets, because I did well considering everything else going on in my life. I have no attachments, either, so the transition is something I'm looking forward to.

Quite frankly, if I could just be accepted to a great college, I would go right now, pack my bags, and leave everyone, even my family. I'm not close to anyone in my life right now, and it's just time for people to move on. The person I'm closest to is not even in this state- how about that?

THere's nothing here for me, and I know it's not like that for everyone, but that's my story.

....one more day.......

one more hour, one more minute, one more second.... and maybe someday I'll be able to begin living, and go on my own adventure. But now, like the rest of the week, I am home, alone, in my room.

waiting........
and watching.........
and waiting................................................

(ends the rant for now......)
Oh yeah, I'm sick, and have a fever, and have an Eco final tomorrow, and have a Latin project I didn't do and won't get any points for, and a psych paper, and.................. well, hell, I'll start a new thread in Zoo Confessinoals for all that mess..................

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

"in pursuing external objects we lose the self"

Back
Top Bottom