I can't tolerate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sheltie

The Fly
mean and rude people! I was in subway today and this man was walking from the counter to get his drink. I did not see him because I was looking at the menu. Instead of saying excuse me, he stood there and just looked at me as if to say "well are you going move?" I backed away feeling a little embarrassed. Then he cut his eyes at me and looked me up and down!
When I got to the counter to order, the server girl was not fixing my sandwich the way I had asked her. I corrected her in a very nice way but then she started getting an attitude.

I am finding I run into this kind of thing more and more and it is very disturbing to me. Most people would not think about it twice but I am very sensitive and seem to take things personally.
I think a lot of people have become too greedy and life has become too fast paced. Life is short and I think people need to start being more kind to one another and stop being rude and mean.

I agree totally Sheltie!

People need to be more polite and consider how the other people around them feel.

I think the problem is that most people, especially rude ones, don't think about any one other than themselves and their own needs. I bristle when people are rude to me and call them on it no matter where I am (obviously not in a professional situation, however). It's unfortunate, but it's just a facet of humanity that is never going to change. That doesn't make it less offensive, and it doesn't make it comforting. I guess the best way to combat rudeness is to kill 'em with kindness. :shrug:

You're right, many people are in the me me me me me mode all the time. Far too many people don't care about anyone else, and sadly I have no clue how to deal with that except to realize that these people must be very unhappy. (At least we hope they are! :D )

Life is short, and life is precious. People get riled up and treat others badly over the most trivial things. I'd rather make someone smile than make them feel bad over something unimportant. It's just not worth it.

i pretty much hate people as a whole. they're either stupid, assholes, or both.

I cannot stand people like that. If someone bumps into me in the street I always apologise to them :laugh:

The person I seem to find myself talking to more and more is the person who thinks they have such a hard life and they are really depressed and everything that happens to them is just awful. I can never really see what their problem is though. They are healthy, everyone around them is healthy, they all have a secure jobs/ are studying and seem pretty comfortable. The things they whine about are really very trivial. :|

I dont like it when people flat out ignore you. There are so many ways to ignore someone and it is almost enough to me me cry or scream. I have such a low tolerance for rudeness lately, its making me worry. If someone says something to you, then fucking respond!

I'm with IWB.
:mad:

I think many people are too self-involved and self-adoring to even stop to consider the rights and feelings of others these days

I also think so many kids/teenagers are rude (not all of course), so it seems to me their parents aren't doing a good job teaching them otherwise

Yeah, there are too many incredibly self-absorbed people. I see it every day. These people don't give a damn about anyone besides themselves, and they are the rude people and jerks of the world. Some people are such a pain in the :censored: at the library.

Back
Top Bottom