I can't handle it no more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SWlondnr

The Fly
I have exams, I feel very stressed
My parents are on the verge of splitting
My mum just doesnt want to now my dad anymore
she wants to move out completely, she also think he is doing things behind her back.

I really do not know what to do...what should I do??
:sad:

Last edited:
welcome to my world. :( theres nothing really you can do, regarding your parents.as for the exams, fuck them, you'll do well in them, i havent revised for any exam and ive always done well in them. if they do split, its not like you'll never see one of them again. try and tell them how you feel and what effect all this is having on you.
:hug:

aaaah damn. :hug:

try and put the parental shite out of your mind until after exams are done, easier said than done I know.

I was about 6 when my folks split, it doesn't seem to matter if you're 6 or 26 though, it's never easy to handle... Moo is right in that there's nothing you can do... other than look out for yourself in all this, don't let either parent try to play you off the other (mine did this, it sucks) and also telling them how it's affecting you is important, it's not that they don't care about you but sometimes people need reminders that their behavior affects the rest of their family whether they mean it to or not.
hang in there...

Ah sounds familar. My parents split up when I was in Year 11. I ended up failing my exams, trying to repeat Year 11, except my parents got back together and then broke up again, and then I bombed right out of school.

My Mum decided to confide in me so I knew we were all going to move out of the family home next time my father went to South Africa for work. So that sucked too. In hindsight I was supporting my Mum. If it happened now I would tell her to contact a counsellor. Theres somethings a child just really doesnt need to know about their parents.

Good luck with it all. Its an ugly situation. You have my deepest sympathy and understanding. Feel free to vent in here whenever you need to.

I'm sorry :hug: I have lots of problems too, really a lot worse. It's such a hopeless and depressing feeling. Hang in there.

yes, I wish I had anything uplifting to say
but the truth is that I don't find any joy in life either right now
it will all be better some day though

I have exams, I feel very stressed

I've been there before. My parents, apart from all their problems, have been married for 34 long years! (They also don't know how they made it!).

Anyway, I think you should try hard to pass the exams (it won't be easy). It's the best you can do, and probably all you should.
Long term relationships are very personal subjects and very complicated issues. Even if you think that you should, you probably wouldn?t make it better by getting involved in your parent?s emotional problems. On the other hand, if you fail your exams to involve yourself in those matters, you might regret for not living your first life. Good luck!

Been there. But my parents are okay now. There has been a time in my life where my parents were about to split, they were always screaming at each other, there was a lot of crying, my dad was pissed off at me, I was doing really bad at school, I had tons of exams to do and I couldn?t focus on any of them, people at school didn't liked me, I had no friends, I was 16 and my hair was falling because of the craziness of my world (my hair is okay now) and I was in one of the worst depressive moments of my life. I got a depression problem and I guess I didn't know how to fully handle it back then. Not that I?m great at that now but I?m better than I was before. Eventually things got better but it left an open wound that took quite some time to "heal". I know this helps in NOTHING but all I can say to you is hang in there, try to focus on the things that you think you got to do to get out of this situation and do it. About your parents there's nothing you can do, in my family if I tried to say something it would have been even worse and it would just make it all impossible to live with and I have no clue what I would do. But that's my family maybe your family is more open for communication, tell you parents how you are feeling, don't be afraid cause you don't have much to loose, just be honest and keep your head up. Good luck! :up: :hug:

beli said:
If it happened now I would tell her to contact a counsellor. Theres somethings a child just really doesnt need to know about their parents.

Couldn?t agree more with you. I also was told more than I could or should handle. It really affected me.

Back
Top Bottom