I Cannot Stand Pity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Really.

Ok, so it's been established I have had a rough go of it this year. But, what I can't take more than anything else, even some of the shit that's gone on, is people with great lives who go on about it, then say, "Oh, I'm SO SORRY. I'll stop rubbing it in." :rolleyes: Or, "Oh, I so wish for things to be going great for you like they are FOR ME!!"

Give me a break. Like I'm going to cry a damn river because you're getting laid or are doing whatever else I happen not to be at the moment. Maybe I need to take a chill pill, maybe things are getting to me again, but it's really fucking annoying. I'm a pretty damn good person, and I'm just kind of sick of having everyone else be so happy and wonderful. *sigh*

Sorry, had a run in tonight with a friend and that was the last straw. I hope I haven't offended any of my friends here. I really love all of my friends, but damn...I'm just so sick of being walked on.

Carry on.

((((((((April))))))))))

I think you're an awesome person, honey. And I can't wait to hang out with you again. :yes: :heart:

how do you feel about people who can empathize with the way life's going...*sigh*

*hugs*

things'll look up soon....for both of us hopefully...*stews in self pity*

how's that? ;)

it's gotta be the heat...makes me want to curl up and be lazy ;)

stooopid work......

*prepares for zoney n american tour*
*buys earplugs*

the two had nothing to do with eachother ;) :p :D

Oh April... I know all too well what you are talking about. Look at that smilie above. Done? Ok, now do that!! SCREAM!!! It'll make you feel better for a bit.

Things will turn around and I know that sounds trite but it is the truth, because you want more for yourself and you my dear, are the key to getting what you want. Life throws us tons of obstacles along the way, but the strong ones get through. I have faith you're a strong one. ;)

Anyway, next time those happy married or in love people with good jobs come your way and give you the pity that you so loathe... just laugh it off. Thye just want what's best for you too and it *will* all work out in the end. You just gotta have faith.

I so agree with you

April,

I think we've all had some tough times this year haven't we - but one thing remains constant.

Your friends will always be your friends - they will listen, they will love you and they will understand. Noone like to be judged or to be pitied.

Walk On sister - I know you can. Hold your head up high. Show them what you got - cause what you got is beauty, brilliance and the naked truth.

*hugs*

I'm here if ya need me as are others I'm sure...

I know how it is. If people were really sympathetic, i wouldnt mind, but I hate insincerity!!!:mad:
And yeah, do you have to go on and on about how perfect everything is for you?
Why not actually try to help me or something, so i wouldnt mind your great life so much? :p
I cant stand inconsiderate people.
And its why I dont like making my problems public. It makes my enemies happy, and braggers love it.
I guess one thing you can do is use sarcasm.
As in "Gee(fill in name of friend here), I'd love to stay here and listen to your great stories about what Prince Charming is like in the sack, AND how hard it is finding the time for the move to that chateau in the south of France AND your dilema on how to spend your lottery winnings, but I really have to go move my cardboard box to a new alley for the night, see if the dumpster has anything to offer for dinner, remove that tumor from my head, call my probation officer, and turn tricks so I can afford to study for my GED in the fall. Ta ta!"
Ok ok, if you want to keep your friends, you wont go this far, but you can modify it some! ;)

Last edited:
Well I can also say that, sometimes people dont know exactly what to say when someone is not having a good time with things - you dont want to blow them off so you may end up saying something along the lines of that cliche. Plus, is some one is doing well - then they shouldnt feel like they cant say it. I know that some jerks seem to thrive off of the fact that they're doing so much better than someone else, but I just wanted to point out that it might not always be the case.

Trust me - I was in that situation for a LONG LONG time. I was literally depressed for quite some time. I had two really bad relationships in a row, my father got cancer, my brother had it, then my mother had a scare with it as well. I hated my job with it's stress level and sad patients(well, that's still true), I was completely and totally in debt with school loans, and then to boot I had to cancel my trip to Ireland.

Nowadays, things are FINALLY starting to go my way, I'm so grateful and I cant help but say that when people ask. My family is healthy, I have the best boyfriend in the world, things are starting to finally go well. But believe me, I put in more than my fair share of time on the other side of things. I still hate my job but I keep telling myself that it's not a forever thing. I dont know - I just guess like I had to say something in this aspect, it kind of bugged me.

Back
Top Bottom