I Bought Myself Flowers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
I'm on such a tight budget. I only work part-time, and I haven't been getting many hours. Despite that, I went out today and wasted a little money on a bouquet of lillies for myself. They are so beautiful. I clipped one of them off and wore it in my hair tonight at work, and I got lots of compliments.

I shouldn't have bought something so frivolous though. :reject:

My Mum & uncles girlfriend stole me a rose from the ballroom in a hotel when we were out on Friday night :shifty:

coincidences happen here and it makes me want to tell the story.
I very rarely buy myself flowers too.
I got to a seaside market late yestedray, a lot of the stall holders were packing up their wares. Two young guys were selling Asiatic lilly bulbs. I :heart: asiatic lillies. He said I could have the bulbs half price and the HUGE bucket of orange and yellow lillies that were left for $4.
Kewl:up:
I was busy cooking when I got home and I think my youngest son really enjoyed being given the job of caring for and arranging the flowers when we got home...a budding florist?( pardon the pun)
Another coincidence..it is one of my dear friends birthdays. I hope to see her tomorrow night. She stays with my parents from time to time now I have introduced them. She admired mum's coffee mugs, the way they felt to hold. I gave them to mum not so long ago, so I went and bought one for my friend and put it away until her birthday. It has orange asiatic lillies painted on it.
So I'll give her the best of the flowers that are left tomorrow, the matching mug, a carrot cake and raise an ale to her continued good health
Kewl:)

so you did the right thing...flowers are beautiful things.
I am growing more in the garden this year than I ever have before...only a few, but gee they give me a lot of pleasure.
Ali Hewson..."a fragrant orchid of a girl"

:heart: @------>-------

woops I told a story......say it with flowers

Back
Top Bottom